FWST Blog: Flo dealing with infected finger/Expect Newman to start vs Commanders

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Left tackle Flozell Adams missed both days of practice this week and is dealing with an infected finger. Adams has lost some of his effectiveness this season while dealing with shoulder stingers and now a bum finger.

Wade Phillips said he played through the pain and gave an awfully too graphic answer about the infection, which is not a scary staph infection by the way....

"No, it’s not a staph infection," Dr. Phillips said. "It’s all that puss and gooey stuff that kind of squirts out."

Thanks, Wade. We got it with the infection part.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

Expect Newman to start vs. Commanders
That's what it sounds like from Wade Phillips. Don't expect the Cowboys to ease in Terence Newman slowly at cornerback. He may be ready to start for the game at Washington on Nov. 16. That would bump Mike Jenkins back to the bench and Orlando Scandrick would be the nickel corner.

Newman looked good according to Wade in the two days of practice this week and appears ready for full duty. He had sports hernia surgery on Oct. 10 and this was his first action in practice this week. In the past when Newman has returned from injury he played primarily in nickel situations. Wade can only hope a fully healthy Newman shows up in Washington.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:21 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

dallas_112678

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2406018 said:
Left tackle Flozell Adams missed both days of practice this week and is dealing with an infected finger. Adams has lost some of his effectiveness this season while dealing with shoulder stingers and now a bum finger.

Wade Phillips said he played through the pain and gave an awfully too graphic answer about the infection, which is not a scary staph infection by the way....

"No, it’s not a staph infection," Dr. Phillips said. "It’s all that puss and gooey stuff that kind of squirts out."

Thanks, Wade. We got it with the infection part.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 04:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

Expect Newman to start vs. Commanders
That's what it sounds like from Wade Phillips. Don't expect the Cowboys to ease in Terence Newman slowly at cornerback. He may be ready to start for the game at Washington on Nov. 16. That would bump Mike Jenkins back to the bench and Orlando Scandrick would be the nickel corner.

Newman looked good according to Wade in the two days of practice this week and appears ready for full duty. He had sports hernia surgery on Oct. 10 and this was his first action in practice this week. In the past when Newman has returned from injury he played primarily in nickel situations. Wade can only hope a fully healthy Newman shows up in Washington.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:21 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Those infections are painful. I had one in my big toe and it had to have surgery, basically its would hurt to even run and if i stubbed my toe on something even easily it hurt 10 times worse than the time i broke my leg.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2406018 said:

stupid coaches...Jenkins >>> Henry, especially against the Skins smallish, quick & fast receivers...Henry was putrid vs Washington a few weeks ago

Henry should not be starting at CB

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Henry should not be starting at CB

Why not? He only sucks against small, fast receivers and tall, slow ones, which leaves ...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Glad to hear Newman is looking good and will likely be able to start and do the work load.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;2406088 said:
Why not? He only sucks again small, fast receivers and tall, slow ones, which leaves ...

medium sized, average speed ones?

silver

Reaction score
bbgun;2406088 said:
Why not? He only sucks again small, fast receivers and tall, slow ones, which leaves ...

but he's money against tall fast ones, ok he's not.

Frozen700

Reaction score
silver;2406108 said:
but he's money against tall fast ones, ok he's not.

:lmao2:

hopefully when pac comes back Henry still isnt hanging around..which he shouldn't be now...you put your best on the field

with that said...this is Wades job on the line fore sure...if henry gets abused repeatedly....expect him to see the bench

as much as i hate to give up a big play...i hope henry does..hes not a starter n i dont want him starting anymore

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Is Henry still playing w/one good leg?

Not that anyone has noticed any difference in play.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
This is great news about Terence Newman, and I will be pulling for him on every single play like I always do. I'm glad he is looking good enough to start, and this team needs him, big time. That will be a shot in the arm for sure.

On the other hand, I'm very disappointed that Mike Jenkins is not going to start. I would play Jenkins for Henry and NEVER look back. They are in the process of breaking him in, and he is getting better every week. He is getting the reps he needs to develop. By playoff time, he will not be a rookie if you keep playing him. Furthermore, his 23 year old legs will serve him well. I just don't understand pulling the plug on him. I don't have all the information, but I do know Jenkins has played Henry's spot in the dime.

Hey, Wade. You need to go to...

www.youneedtostartJenkins&Spencer.com

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
yeah move the only cornerback with a pick back to the bench:rolleyes: also don't expect much from Newman. he's missed a lot of time and was bad when he played.