FWST: Blog: Mat McBriar roughed up

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
October 12, 2008

Mat McBriar roughed up

Text messages from the field shortly after the blocked punt in overtime indicated that Cowboys punter Mat McBriar was pretty hurt on the play.

He was carted off the field after being hit while the punt was blocked.

Indications are that Bobby Carpenter missed his block on the punt, allowing McBriar to get laid out and injured, possibly ending the season for the Pro Bowl punter.

Stay tuned for more details.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Cbz40;2331301 said:
Indications are that Bobby Carpenter missed his block on the punt,

If that is true I want Carpenter cut. What a freaking waste....disgusting.

sacase

Reaction score
it was curtis's man who blocked the punt. Carpenters man would have if curtis's man didn't.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2331317 said:
Oh no!

Did not know this.......dang this will hurt us bad!

No it won't. Come on, we have much, MUCH bigger problems. This want matter at all. So what instead of pinning a team inside the 10 every once in a while we just give them the ball at the 20. Thats about it. This is sad becuase McBrair is a nice guy and consistent but its not going to cost us any games.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2331338 said:
Bobby Carpenter sucks, he needs to be CUT!!!

and have him take Wade, Stewart and Read with him

Courtney Brown too...he's horrendous in the secondary, especially at tackling

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
yeah i saw the play and the aftermath....they brought out the cart immediately....so i'm worried about that....could be serious....

let's pray for nothing too bad for him.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I listened to Norm on the post game and nothing was mentioned bout MM being out for the year... They just said he had a contussion on his foot. Infact, Mickey said that..

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Its a weird play, both Carpenter and Curtis didnt even try to make the block and Davis didnt make an attempt either. Looks like the Cowboys were asleep at the wheel and figured the Cards were going to set-up a return and not try to block.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I thought Mickey said xrays were negative and it was just some right foot cushion which wasn't a major deal.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think it was Tony Curtis...but Justin Rogers let his guy go as well.

But yes....Bobby Carpenter SUCKS! Is there any way we can sue Parcells for this guy????????

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everlastingxxx;2331367 said:
Its a weird play, both Carpenter and Curtis didnt even try to make the block and Davis didnt make an attempt either. Looks like the Cowboys were asleep at the wheel and figured the Cards were going to set-up a return and not try to block.
Inexcusable. Our guys play with no heart. They need to wake up and fight. Soon.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2331367 said:

Someone failed to block worried about getting downfield. I refuse to look tonite at it so I don't know who is guilty. STs and the players are.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Indications are that Bobby Carpenter missed his block on the punt, allowing McBriar to get laid out and injured, possibly ending the season for the Pro Bowl punter.

Even Bruce Read doesn't have the right tackle responsible for blocking the guy coming between the left tackle and left wing.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2331357 said:
and have him take Wade, Stewart and Read with him

Courtney Brown too...he's horrendous in the secondary, especially at tackling

I agree.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2331625 said:
Even Bruce Read doesn't have the right tackle responsible for blocking the guy coming between the left tackle and left wing.

yea you're right about that.