FWST Blog: Newman waiting word on injury

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newman waiting word on injury

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman is seeking a second opinion on his abdominal injury with Philadelphia's Dr. William Meyers. Meyers is considered one of the country's top experts for sports hernias and performed Dononan McNabb's operation in 2005. Newman is expected to get Meyers' opinion today and will know whether surgery is needed.

Recovery on sports hernias is about 6 weeks.

Newman did not practice on Wednesday and will miss Sunday's game at Arizona. It will be his second consecutive game to miss after sitting last week's loss to Cincinnati. Newman had been fighting soreness and pain after the Washington game, which he allowed two touchdowns and a long pass.

Newman's injury problems started the first week of training camp when he suffered a groin tear and missed all of the preseason.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 09:29 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So, worst case scenario is we get him back a couple games before the playoffs. I can live with that.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321090 said:
Newman waiting word on injury

Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman is seeking a second opinion on his abdominal injury with Philadelphia's Dr. William Meyers. Meyers is considered one of the country's top experts for sports hernias and performed Dononan McNabb's operation in 2005. Newman is expected to get Meyers' opinion today and will know whether surgery is needed.

Recovery on sports hernias is about 6 weeks.

Newman did not practice on Wednesday and will miss Sunday's game at Arizona. It will be his second consecutive game to miss after sitting last week's loss to Cincinnati. Newman had been fighting soreness and pain after the Washington game, which he allowed two touchdowns and a long pass.

Newman's injury problems started the first week of training camp when he suffered a groin tear and missed all of the preseason.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 09:29 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

With as much panic after that game, you could believe that statement is true.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyfan4life_mark;2321116 said:
With as much panic after that game, you could believe that statement is true.
Heh, I didn't catch that...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
austintodallas;2321108 said:
I love me some Newman but man he is one fragile dude.

He's getting old. It happens to the best of us.

Boysboy

Reaction score
What SUCKS about being in the NFCE is that play is so physical, guys are gonna get hurt.

Eagles - Andrews is out possibly indefinitely, and Westbrook has 2 broken ribs

Giants - Osi is gone for the year

Skins - Jason Taylor could be gone for weeks

Now Newman is being shelved for awhile

Aven8

Reaction score
Pulling a Shawn Merriman huh???? Get the freakin surgery and hurry up and get healed. We're about to find out real quick how good Jenkins and Scandrick are!

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2321100 said:
Fingers crossed, toes crossed , four leaf clover...what else do i need??

Rabbit's foot, Leprechaun, lucky penny....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd really prefer if he just took an extended vacation, got himself in tip top shape, then come back later on in the year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321236 said:
LOL, good catch... Well, it's felt like a loss all week.

*shrugs* the 38-17 thrashing over Philly at the Linc last year felt like a loss too.

After the game, there was a LONG Jacques Reeves-bashing thread. He ended up giving up a long pass play to Reggie Brown thanks to a sloppy field(and ultimately had to ADJUST his cleats).

However-when someone pointed it out, another poster or 2 started calling him out as a BLIND HOMER, and then all the fighting and "the sky is falling" crap started erupting.