FWST Blog: Roger Goodell's Decision Will Wait/Dallas Police Report

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Goodell's Decision Will Wait

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made a scheduled interview on ESPN Radio this afternoon with hosts Mike Tirico and Alex Van Pelt.

As expected, Goodell addressed the situation regarding Adam Jones, and it does not appear any action will be coming right away.

"We are trying to determine all the facts," Goodell said. "It's clear there was some type of incident and we want to understand all the facts. Once we understand all the facts we can make a judgement."

Goodell did not say whether Jones will be suspended or fined.

Goodell said there should not have been any misunderstanding regarding Jones' behavior after he was reinstated.

"There were certain things I expected of him and I think he'd understand that," Goodell said. "I guess I'm disappointed we're having this discussion."

- Mac Engel

Posted at 01:21 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Dallas Police Report
The Dallas Police has issued the following report regarding the Adam Jones incident on Tuesday night in Dallas:

News Release
Dallas Police Department
Police Media Relations Unit
Phone: 214-671-4065 Fax: 214-670-8154
www.dallaspolice.net

October 8, 2008

Dallas Police Respond to Disturbance Involving Athlete

On Tuesday October 7th approximately 11:00 p.m., there was a disturbance
call made by an employee at the Jewel Hotel at 1530 Main Street. The
call stated that there was a disturbance between two black males and a
black female arguing and fighting at the location and that the suspects
were in the lobby.

Two police elements arrived at the call and it was determined that the
disturbance was over and that some hotel employees over heard a scuffle
in the men's lobby restroom. According to the reporting officer, there
were no witnesses that came forward, at that time, stating that an
assault had occurred. The hotel management did point out that a glass
light switch plate had been broken but stated everything was OK.

Both of the men, one being identified as Adam Jones and the other as his
private bodyguard, stated everything was "OK". Both parties were driven
from the location by an acquaintance. The information on the alleged
assault by Mr. Jones was obtained after the incident had ended and the
alleged victim, (bodyguard), did not want to pursue any action stating
that this issue was a private matter.

##

Posted at 12:56 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Nothing More Today From the NFL
NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello said in an e-mail there will be nothing else coming from the league today regarding Adam Jones.
That means not to expect a decision regarding any disciplinary action taken against Jones today.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 01:54 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i would say good news because it doesnt appear that Pacman committed an suspendable offense at least according to the guidelines set to Pacman and his behavior it appears. i say he just gets fined for all this by the league so the public wont say that the league is favoring the cowboys and cause of all the negative talk about the league. at least thats just my opinion

FCBarca

Reaction score
If that's the police report, then it's good news...Reading what Goodell had to say on it echoes what several in the zone have, not good news

Looks like Pac will be good to go which is good for all involved...Scrutiny, however, will be a lot heavier on him and the Cowboys...Pressure just continues to mount on the boys...Hope a resounding victory this weekend will help keep the drama to a minimum

boba5555

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little 'stitious
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321609 said:
The hotel management did point out that a glass
light switch plate had been broken but stated everything was OK.

so its not even a "mirror", but a light switch plate
mirrored-light-switch-plates.jpg

JPM

Reaction score
boba5555;2321637 said:
so its not even a "mirror", but a light switch plate
mirrored-light-switch-plates.jpg
It could have been a pretty nice light switch plate.

links18

Reaction score
If that is the police report than there is no probable cause to conclude Pac Man committed any criminal offense whatsoever. Still probably not a good idea to get into with someone in public though.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
links18;2321690 said:
If that is the police report than there is no probable cause to conclude Pac Man committed any criminal offense whatsoever. Still probably not a good idea to get into with someone in public though.
Goodell doesn't need probable cause.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2321700 said:

That is my concern. All he has to do is decide that even HAVING this report come up, having a situation, even as minor as this appears to be, happen involving a guy you just reinstated could be all the reason he needs to suspend him again.

It may not be fair in the eyes of some but when you screw up and screw up and screw up you cause yourself to be put on a very short leash in terms of what someone is going to tolerate from you. In this case it's a short leash from the guy who runs the league and could possibly take your job away from you, again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Double Trouble;2321700 said:
Nor does he have to make a judgment call based on "criminal activity".

FCBarca

Reaction score
My question is, if you're Goodell, what would you do?...Even if it ultimately was a small incident where no one got hurt and no fines or charges, does Roger still deal out punishment because of it being Pacman and for being involved in 'something'? :confused:

khiladi

Reaction score
The
call stated that there was a disturbance between two black males and a
black female arguing and fighting at the location and that the suspects
were in the lobby.

Notice how none of this was in the original reports...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FCBarca;2321768 said:
My question is, if you're Goodell, what would you do?...Even if it ultimately was a small incident where no one got hurt and no fines or charges, does Roger still deal out punishment because of it being Pacman and for being involved in 'something'? :confused:

We will find out but Pacman was walking a thin line to begin with. Sorry most people can go a life time without any incidents yet Pac seems to constantly find them.

FCBarca

Reaction score
khiladi;2321774 said:
Notice how none of this was in the original reports...

I noticed that there was little mention of a woman being involved, let alone talked to...Mysteriously, she hasn't been ID'd nor was a statement taken from her

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
To be fair, since when is a public argument an incident?

Sure, not everyone has had a public argument, and not everyone is Adam Jones, but c'mon.

Is he supposed to spend the rest of his football career spending his off-field time speaking in a low, even-keeled tone? Maybe we should fit him for a no-bark collar?

:rolleyes:

FCBarca

Reaction score
Faerluna;2321805 said:
To be fair, since when is a public argument an incident?

Sure, not everyone has had a public argument, and not everyone is Adam Jones, but c'mon.

Is he supposed to spend the rest of his football career spending his off-field time speaking in a low, even-keeled tone? Maybe we should fit him for a no-bark collar?

:rolleyes:

It's a fair question, I agree...But, I suppose, as long as you are in the employ of the league, it's no-bark collar time

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321779 said:
What difference does it make anyway?

women cause all the problems...remove the women, remove the problem :D

just joshin ladies

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321779 said:
What difference does it make anyway?

Because, according to one poster, the bodyguard was trying to hit on Pac-man's girlfriend which led to the 'altercation' in the first place...