FWST Blog: Thomas: Cowboys get swagger back

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thomas: Cowboys get swagger back

Cowboys linebacker Zach Thomas says his team has found its swagger again. It had been long lost with the Cowboys sitting at 5-4 and a defense destroyed by the Giants. But it returned Sunday at Washington. Getting key Pro Bowlers in QB Tony Romo and CB Terence Newman back on the field changed the attitude...no doubt.

Thomas and the defense held the Commanders to a touchdown on the opening drive and they never reached the end zone again. Washington was limited to 228 total yards and 92 rushing. That from the fourth-ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

"I felt us getting the swagger back and we hadn't had that swagger in awhile," Thomas said. "That's important. It's confidence. I think we've had the confidence but you have a little doubt in the back of our mind when thins aren't going well."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Confidence is fine.

Let's make sure it's not overconfidence.

The team should feel good about getting a crucial win.

But celebrate today and look to the next game and get back to work.

Resting on their laurels will get this team beat and this win would mean nothing.

"Build on what you accomplished, don't rest on it."

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I agree with you stash. When I see Romo putting up 300+ yards and throwing 4 TD's then we will have our swagger back.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2426440 said:
Confidence is fine.

Resting on their laurels will get this team beat and this win would mean nothing.

Stash, if you look at some of the other player comments, I think they get it. Most have commented that this win was just a stepping stone and hopefully they can build on it.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2426443 said:
I agree with oyu stash. When I see Romo putting up 300+ points and throwing 4 TD's then we will have our swagger back.

300+ points and only then you'll think we have our swagger back?

are you the author of Great Expectations?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2426440 said:
Confidence is fine.

I agree the game is about consistency, the defense needs to bring it game in and game out. I think they should feel good about what they did in Washington and continue to work hard. But it is a great feeling to work your tail off all week and see it pay off so yes I think the players should be happy about how they played

aikemirv

Reaction score
stasheroo;2426440 said:
Confidence is fine.

Yep. I am glad SF is playing well enough to not get overlooked.

I would think the players can see that for sure. SF will come in ready and we should be prepared for a battle. Gore will be a tough task.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2426461 said:
Yep. I am glad SF is playing well enough to not get overlooked.

I would think the players can see that for sure. SF will come in ready and we should be prepared for a battle. Gore will be a tough task.

I would think the players understand they can't afford to overlook anyone at this stage.

aikemirv

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2426443 said:
I agree with you stash. When I see Romo putting up 300+ yards and throwing 4 TD's then we will have our swagger back.

We definitely need that swagger but I don't think we will see Romo healthy enough until after Thanksgiving to have that type of game.

In the meantime our D needs to find its own identity and play tough no matter what the offense is doing.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv;2426469 said:
We definitely need that swagger but I don't think we will see Romo healthy enough until after Thanksgiving to have that type of game.

In the meantime our D needs to find its own identity and play tough no matter what the offense is doing.

That's when we need although I think these next two games Romo will put up huge numbers.

tunahelper

Reaction score
They better prepare for a good, tough game from SF. They have played sound football and look to be better under Singletary.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
tunahelper;2426501 said:
They better prepare for a good, tough game from SF. They have played sound football and look to be better under Singletary.

They just don't want to be forced to feast their eyes upon his hairy crack/cave of wonders again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2426409 said:
I don't know if you can get your swagger back in only one game. In fact, the more I think about it, I don't think you can. Now if we beat SF then SEA and go into PITT on a 3 game winning streak I would think the swagger would absolutely return.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2426451 said:
Stash, if you look at some of the other player comments, I think they get it. Most have commented that this win was just a stepping stone and hopefully they can build on it.

I absolutely hope so.

But the pessimist in me can't help but worry we'll see a team that's once again happy with themselves next week.

I very much hope to be wrong and that the inspired team we watched last night is a sign of things to come.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
amazing what some protection, pressure, rushing and decent offense can do for a football team.

I hope they don't swagger much. A better team would have beaten us and our 14 points.

Not to take away from that last drive which was golden. They make enough mistakes to not swag (sic) much.

STs and punting is going to hurt this team. I think the O can overcome it esp if the D plays as well. Doing it the hard way though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2426567 said:
I absolutely hope so.

But the pessimist in me can't help but worry we'll see a team that's once again happy with themselves next week.

I very much hope to be wrong and that the inspired team we watched last night is a sign of things to come.
Well there may well be some who are happy with themselves, but the few who have talked, they seem to get it.

Ratliff on the Run D

"Today was a great start," Ratliff said last night. "It was a stepping stone to something better."

Leonard on the 'boys physicality
It will be hard to run the ball in the next few weeks. But the Cowboys' physical style in last night's win made several of the players happy.
Guard Leonard Davis said that's the type of football you need to play as the season enters the late stages.

There was something that Mickey posted that Roy Williams said after the game that it was a nice game, but it wasn't the superbowl.

Woods

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2426534 said:
I don't know if you can get your swagger back in only one game. In fact, the more I think about it, I don't think you can. Now if we beat SF then SEA and go into PITT on a 3 game winning streak I would think the swagger would absolutely return.

Exactly.

We need to put a few wins together. Form an identity of hopefully playing tough defense and having a dynamic offense.

Also, while we did have our share of penalties, at least the number was down to 5 in a game for around 40 yards. Maybe we can make some improvement in that department.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2426409 said:

Cowboys linebacker Zach Thomas says his team has found its swagger again. It had been long lost with the Cowboys sitting at 5-4 and a defense destroyed by the Giants. But it returned Sunday at Washington. Getting key Pro Bowlers in QB Tony Romo and CB Terence Newman back on the field changed the attitude...no doubt.

Thomas and the defense held the Commanders to a touchdown on the opening drive and they never reached the end zone again. Washington was limited to 228 total yards and 92 rushing. That from the fourth-ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

"I felt us getting the swagger back and we hadn't had that swagger in awhile," Thomas said. "That's important. It's confidence. I think we've had the confidence but you have a little doubt in the back of our mind when thins aren't going well."

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Shuddup you overrated, over the hill castoff from the Dolls.

You guys do not need a swagger after this anemic win.

You need to focus, regroup, heal and work on the fundamentals.
you can have your swagger when you win it all. But it might not come until next year.