FWST Blog: What Cowboys do without Felix/Austin believes this injury not as bad

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Cowboys do without Felix

The Cowboys are now without their big-play rookie Felix Jones for the rest of the year. Time to get fellow rookie Tashard Choice more carries to take some wear off Marion Barber. But the Cowboys haven't done it since Felix went out Oct. 12 against Arizona.

Choice had two carries for 13 yards against St. Louis. Five carries for 27 against the New York Giants and one for six yards against Washington. It's time to put a little more trust in Choice, who is averaging 5.5 yards per carry.

On kick returns, one option could be Pacman Jones when he returns Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh. Miles Austin is out at least two weeks, but Isaiah Stanback returns this week and will be the kick returner this week. But his shoulder, which needs surgery after the season, could be a problem again.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 03:08 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Austin believes this injury not as bad

Cowboys WR Miles Austin said this knee injury isn't as bad as his MCL sprain in the preseason that kept him out for two preseason games and the season opener.

He suffered an lateral collateral ligament injury Sunday against Washington when the same knee twisted in the fourth quarter. He is expected to miss 2-4 weeks but doesn't believe its as severe as his MCL injury. So Austin could be back by the Pittsburgh game on Dec. 7.

Last season Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson missed two games with a torn LCL.

- Rick Herrin
-

Posted at 02:59 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Thats been the talk about Austin Injury. But boy, I just have a bad feeling about this team. I thought injuries were done, after bye week. But no, they are not, and each game, boys seems to lose someone, for a few games or for season.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
If they haven't used Choice to spell barber when Jones was out before I doubt that will change now.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2432323 said:
If they haven't used Choice to spell barber when Jones was out before I doubt that will change now.
It's the total opposite. Now that they KNOW Felix will be out for the season, Choice will get more involved in the offense.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Achozen;2432337 said:
It's the total opposite. Now that they KNOW Felix will be out for the season, Choice will get more involved in the offense.

why wouldn't he have been involved when Jones already went down that doesn't make much sense.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2432338 said:
why wouldn't he have been involved when Jones already went down that doesn't make much sense.
They probably thought Barber would be able to handle the load until Felix came back. Now that Felix is out, I'm sure Choice will be given more carries.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2432338 said:

im sure they figured they would increase felix's workload when he got back, to rest barber alittle, but thats not gonna happen, so now they have to use choice

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson missed only 2 games but played like ABSOLUTE CRAP after the injury.

Zman5

Reaction score
They have no choice but to use Choice more.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about the D3 player who is small with ultra quicks. I didn't use to like those small players but he seem to be making a comeback. An ultraquick speed back ala Sproles would be an added dimension for this team.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2432787 said:
I'd like to know more about the D3 player who is small with ultra quicks. I didn't use to like those small players but he seem to be making a comeback. An ultraquick speed back ala Sproles would be an added dimension for this team.

what D-3 player?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
As long as MBIII isn't carrying the ball more than 20-25 times a game, there's no reason to get Choice involved. Felix was involved because he brought a different dimension to the game; Choice doesn't.

MBIII is clearly the superior back, the proven back, the safe guy to hand the ball to....Choice only plays if MBIII needs to catch his breath or has a game when the plan is to run the ball all day. Otherwise, there's no real reason to give the ball to Choice over MBIII...there is no special package designed for Choice.

I don't get why people think Choice has to be involved more than he is unless they actually think he's a better back than MBIII. Against the poor run defense of SF, we may see Choice carry the ball for series in each half...more if Barber needs a break, but there's no reason to force him into the game.