Gaethers re-signs with the Colts

Carson

Reaction score
3 weeks ago looking at the FA S list, I was 100% positive that one of the top 5 on that list would be wearing a Cowboys uniform and here we are 3 weeks later and Jeff Heath is still the starting S for the Cowboys.
iu

Most likely yes.

Down to three. Berry, iloka and Boston

dogberry

Reaction score
Do business decisions, yelling ole, failures to attempt a tackle also count as a broken tackle?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Most likely yes.

Down to three. Berry, iloka and Boston

I don't mind IIoka or Boston as competition for the starting spot, but I'm not really sure they are any better than what we've got. Berry would be a shot at actually improving the position; however, I expect him to receive more than we'll be willing to offer.

stiletto

Reaction score
Hopefully this means we will target Thornhill or a similar player in the draft.

coult44

Reaction score

According to Dallas Cowboys "director of media relations", Mickey Spagnola, on the fan this morning. The feeling inside The Star is that the safety position didn't cost us anything last year, especially during the playoffs. No need to spend money at that spot.

My guess, Heath, Woods, and Frazier will be the guys again this year.
Absolutely crazy!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't mind IIoka or Boston as competition for the starting spot, but I'm not really sure they are any better than what we've got. Berry would be a shot at actually improving the position; however, I expect him to receive more than we'll be willing to offer.

Iloka and Boston are both better than Heath.

Sydla

Reaction score
According to Dallas Cowboys "director of media relations", Mickey Spagnola, on the fan this morning. The feeling inside The Star is that the safety position didn't cost us anything last year, especially during the playoffs. No need to spend money at that spot.

Absolutely crazy!!!

Probably throw in a 4th round draft pick there too.

The shortsightedness and the overall overvaluing of their roster that they do annually is so frustrating.

How in the world can this franchise sit there and actually argue that Jeff Heath is a quality starting S in this league?

And how can they conclude that the S position didn't hurt us? Heath was a disaster in run support in the Rams game AND he was the one caught flat footed staring at a TE, who was not running a pass pattern, while Goff ran by him for the game deciding 4th down conversion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All three are huge upgrades over Jeff Heath.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Absolutely crazy!!!

Morons get what morons deserve.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Absolutely crazy!!!

I'll see your "director of media relations", and raise you with this:

Jeff Heath can not tackle. We noted last year in this space that Heath had more missed tackles (11) than defeats (six). The problem got worse in 2018, as Heath's 22 broken tackles were the second-most allowed in the league. Heath just isn't a starting-caliber strong safety; he's a quality special teams player who has been promoted beyond his skill set. Bringing in a new safety -- either strong or free, as Woods would do just fine moving into the strong safety position -- would help a defense that ranked 19th or worse when covering tight ends, running backs, or third wideouts.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

Jeff Heath can not tackle. We noted last year in this space that Heath had more missed tackles (11) than defeats (six). The problem got worse in 2018, as Heath's 22 broken tackles were the second-most allowed in the league. Heath just isn't a starting-caliber strong safety; he's a quality special teams player who has been promoted beyond his skill set. Bringing in a new safety -- either strong or free, as Woods would do just fine moving into the strong safety position -- would help a defense that ranked 19th or worse when covering tight ends, running backs, or third wideouts.
DT and safety...until they change their mindset on these positions, the defense can't take the next step. we are just spinning our wheels

coult44

Reaction score

I'm 100% with you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DT and safety...until they change their mindset on these positions, the defense can't take the next step. we are just spinning our wheels

Yes, it's truly frustrating to watch this crew act like they "know better" only to see them fail at it year after year after year.

One would think that they'd get tired of being wrong at some point. And yet, here we are...

Mr_437

Reaction score

Absolutely crazy!!!
Here we go with the delusional Cowboys FO...last year they didn't need a WR1 for example.
After the playoff lose these were my Top 2 positions of need. After every year these are the Top 2 positions of need. This team has a fatal flaw of not securing the defense up the middle, and they won't win until they do.

At 58, hopefully a S is the pick, but they don't value that...so DE again probably.

visionary

Reaction score
Wait
CZ homers kept telling me we shouldn't sign him because the colts with a lot of cap space were letting him walk

So now what?

visionary

Reaction score
Yes, it's truly frustrating to watch this crew act like they "know better" only to see them fail at it year after year after year.

One would think that they'd get tired of being wrong at some point. And yet, here we are...

You are obviously new around here and don't know any better

Here you go

"We like our guys"