Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VQCZ-h.gif

“He’s going to the end of the line”

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shouldn't be a surprise, they tried trading him during the season and couldn't. If they didnt cut Hill, they probably would have cut Gallimore after the deadline. Would have been too thin if they did that. He probably just narrowly beat Hill out for that spot considering they were alternating healthy inactives

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Gallimore ends up on the practice squad similar to Watkins last year.

conner01

Reaction score
The scuttlebutt I remember hearing was that the coaches were not pleased with Gallimore freelancing instead of playing his keys within the scheme.
That certainly is something that will get you cut
Especially when it obviously didn’t work since his play wasn’t really effective lol

J12B

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Gallimore ends up on the practice squad similar to Watkins last year.
Nah he'll be cut. He's had plenty of opportunity to progress.

Practice squad is for younger players who need time to develop.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Defensive Tackles:
Osa
Gholston
Hanking
Massi
Fehoko

On the bubble: Gallimore, Bohanna
I think that is accurate.
Also, if you consider salaries, Gallimore, as a former 3rd round pick in his 4th year, takes up almost 3 mil in cap space this season, and if released, could save close to 3 mil in cap space. That's not huge money, but it's not a little either.
Osa and Gholston are under 1.4 hits. Mazi is 2.4. Hankins is 1.1 and Bohana is under 1. So Gallimore is our highest paid interior DL as of now, so money may play a factor. Personally, I would have rather kept Watkins at the 1.75 he signed for, and cut Gallimore, which would have saved over a million in cap space. There are still a few FA's out there as well. Shelby Harris and Chris Wormly are still FA's, though they may be more in ther Gholston/Fehoko mold, than the Osa/Gallimore mold. Both are far better than Gallimore though, so if they would sign for min salaries like Hankins, they would both improve the rotation and save us cap space.
Not a huge Bohana guy, but he may be worth a PS spot at his contract and the fact that he could be a long term Hankins replacement, plus give us some depth at the 1 tech which is never a bad thing. Mazi/Hankins on the 53 and Bohana on IR or the PS would be nice.
Injuries may play a factor as well.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He's decent depth at 3t and provides some flex at nose. Having Mazi, Hankins, and Bo on the roster renders his position flex obsolete. If he wants to make the roster, he will need to show more of what he flashed before blowing his elbow out. He's a talented guy with really good tangibles. The ability is there. I just don't think he's ever really gone all in on football.

His problem is, and has been since his days at Oklahoma, is a major lack of consistency. He Disappears for long stretches, flashes brilliance, and disappears again. It's incredibly frustrating, knowing what he's capable of, and seeing him fall short time and time again. I like the guy and still believe he has potential to be a really nice piece in the rotation. I just don't have confidence that he will put it all together. It would be a big plus for this defensive line if he did.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No anchor and for as strong as his upper body is supposed to be he cannot get off blocks.

Good riddance. Hankins and Mazi. Let's roll.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think/hope that the addition of Mazi will help Gallimore focus on being the best 3-tech he can be, as he was as a rookie. I believed he put on extra weight to play both the 1 an 3, last year and the weight did him no favors.