Gallimore Strong Like Bull

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
so Pouncey looked like Cwill!

i mean i thought Cwill was the only player on an OL to get knock backwards..odd it happens to PB C by a rookie! Cwill had Donald and Heyward do it and gets ripped apart..right got it. Its the zone thats the issue..

Let me know when C-Will’s play gets him named 1st Team All-Pro and then maybe I’ll consider your point legitimate.

davey999

Reaction score
I love the fact that, at times, our 2 DT's on the field could both be Ottawa, Ontario natives... I'm looking for any personal bright spot for this season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
'Twas a nice 1st game baptism by Gallimore!

Here's hoping that kind of performance continues.

He's a generously powerful guy, by the looks of things! :)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
To be fair, it looked like Pouncey expected more help from DeCastro who was like, "You got this Pounce. I'm just going to look out for stragglers over here."

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He had the worst pff rating of any dt. Hes soft and a headcase. Hes on Taco trajectory. If you had to bet would you confidently bet Hill makes the team next year? My money would be on no

Hill had some flashes, but he was still too often being washed out. His game is based on his burst. If he doesn't get an edge with his initial quickness, he gets too high trying to fight off the OL, which allows them to get the leverage and move him out of the way. He showed good hustle, but it's technique that's still killing him. In college, he simply was quicker off the snap than many of the OL he faced. On this level, he hardly ever can get that advantage so he needs to learn to rely on strength, leverage, hand placement, etc. It isn't that he doesn't try hard and hustle, but as the saying goes, work smarter, not harder.

Plankton

Reaction score
And he seems to have great character, work ethic, and a humility about him.

You never know, because we don't truly know these guys, but I can't see him falling for a bunch of Hot Boyz hype nonsense or worrying about his business mogul status like Jaylon Smith.

GettyImages-1052196002.jpg

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It was a good hit, but Gallimore came at an angle with his weight behind him, and pouncey is moving his feet looking for where the hit is coming from.

it wasnt a straight up overpower move, but i like it

gimmesix

Reaction score
Your cutesy modifier fails to work with the metaphor I established. Sir Gallimore remains a solid Knight at the Cowboy's round table.

I disagree. Round table is round. Turnstile is round.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree. Round table is round. Turnstile is round.
It's still disconnected from the "Knights of the Roundtable" theme. Did "Sir Gallimore" not clue you in on anything? All you are interested in is a cheap shot at the Cowboys.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Hill had some flashes, but he was still too often being washed out. His game is based on his burst. If he doesn't get an edge with his initial quickness, he gets too high trying to fight off the OL, which allows them to get the leverage and move him out of the way. He showed good hustle, but it's technique that's still killing him. In college, he simply was quicker off the snap than many of the OL he faced. On this level, he hardly ever can get that advantage so he needs to learn to rely on strength, leverage, hand placement, etc. It isn't that he doesn't try hard and hustle, but as the saying goes, work smarter, not harder.
I just think hes a waste of a roster spot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let me know when C-Will’s play gets him named 1st Team All-Pro and then maybe I’ll consider your point legitimate.
umm you in opposite land

IF Pounce can be thrown back lie ragdoll by a rookie that much worse then Cwill getting knocked back a few times a year and most of the time its PB Defender not a rookie..point missed much? but thanks for making mine..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

People are counting too much on Hill from a couple of flashes. He'll be in his third year next year but will have one real training camp and half a season on play under his belt.

Keep the DTs coming.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Gallimore looks like he has the work ethic to improve rather than just "doing enough" to make it as JAG. I remember seeing tape at the draft of him running down a RB from behind playing to the whistle. You don't often see DL going that hard beyond the initial seconds of effort. I realise you need talent too, not just desire but for me, it's an encouraging start to his career.

gimmesix

Reaction score
People are counting too much on Hill from a couple of flashes. He'll be in his third year next year but will have one real training camp and half a season on play under his belt.

Keep the DTs coming.

Right now, I'm not counting on any of our DTs. I thought Gallimore had several good plays against Pittsburgh, though, and hope he can build on it. DT is still one of our top needs, if not No. 1.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It's still disconnected from the "Knights of the Roundtable" theme. Did "Sir Gallimore" not clue you in on anything? All you are interested in is a cheap shot at the Cowboys.

No. I was just having fun. But thanks for ruining that. Fans are way to wound tight this year.