Gallimore vs Osa, who will be better?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gallimore is the Canadian Bulldozer, showed something last year, at least to me. Loved them drafting some D Line guys this year even Osa, he's a rookie and I don't expect a whole lot but more than they have for awhile. Even a nose-tackle. Hard to believe. Gotta be Quinn's influence because no way Spaulding/Smails do that otherwise.

Like the way they went all defense for most of the draft. Didnt like the 3rd round at all starting with the Osa pick. He seems solid, but like you I doubt he plays much his rookie year unless we have lots of injuries. Gallimore, Hill, Urban, Watkins will probably all play over him. Even Bohanna with his specialty role has more of a shot to play.

JBond

Reaction score
This is like asking what do you like better mashed potatoes or baked potato.
Not a tough choice. Steak? Baked potato loaded. My preference.

Stuff from the crock pot? Mashed potatoes? All the leftovers mixed together.

RS12

Reaction score
It's 2023, bros. Things are looking up. Jerry's older. McCarthy's fatter. Prescott's in prison. The Cowboys are emerging as serious contenders with a young QB and a developing defense. They even drafted a running back that they can find a helmet for.

But who is the better player on this new and improved defense? Gallimore or Odigizumomma?

Pick one and only one. I'll grade your response later.

Cowboys!
How did Prescott end up in the big house? Asking for a friend.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most impressive thing for me with Osa, besides that he can pronounce his last name, is I've seen him carry a C/G double team down the line of scrimmage to clog up running lanes. He is remarkably powerful for a 280 lb DT. That wrestling background has him a master of leverage.

No quick twitch though. Marinelli gives him the gas face.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's 2023, bros. Things are looking up. Jerry's older. McCarthy's fatter. Prescott's in prison. The Cowboys are emerging as serious contenders with a young QB and a developing defense. They even drafted a running back that they can find a helmet for.

But who is the better player on this new and improved defense? Gallimore or Odigizumomma?

Cowboys!

I don't care what people say, I love your creativity. its both sinister and funny.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Like the way they went all defense for most of the draft. Didnt like the 3rd round at all starting with the Osa pick. He seems solid, but like you I doubt he plays much his rookie year unless we have lots of injuries. Gallimore, Hill, Urban, Watkins will probably all play over him. Even Bohanna with his specialty role has more of a shot to play.
I dont think Bohanna is a specialty role, camp will decide, but I bet he is fast tracked and will get his fair share of starting snaps.
He has the ability right now as a rook to push Hill, thats what a lot of negative dawgs are missing with the value of this draft class,, everyone looking for draft picks to replace roster
spots, im looking at this draft as everyone, even Hill has comp in camp now.
This was a roster push draft big time, comp all over this roster for playing time defensively.
Earn it or burn it now, loved this draft, holds nearly every position accountable, there is a reason why the vets met and decided it was in "their" best interest to attend optional OTAs.

Last edited:

sjmike

Reaction score
"Long arms" LOL "Swiss Army Knife" LOL "Tyrone Crawford Type" LOL

Wow, you guys just eat up whatever the coaches say and adopt it almost word for word. Always get a kick out of that.
Yeah, you're so smart. I hope we can all be as smart as your when we grow up

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Cowboys!
Im going to do what I know will anger you and speak on arm length....

What I found kind of funny/weird is that we prioritized arm length in our picks despite the fact that two guys we scouted heavily, Milton Williams and Tommy Togiai had very short arms. One of the things that bothered me about teaming either of these guy with T Rex armed Gallimore is that you may have two DT's with very a limited tackle radius. Probably not good. As far as arm length goes, Im less worried about leverage than I am with their ability to actually finish plays. Getting through the line wont matter much if you cant get a hold of the HB because you have the arms of a 4 year old girl.

As for who is better.....I think they are both in the Maliek Collins class of DT. Good enough to start, but might not be guys you give a 2nd contract too. Osa is the more solid prospect, but Gallimore's straight line explosiveness could lead to more splash plays