Gallup is needed due to Cooper's hammy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jkyle, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Jkyle

Jkyle Well-Known Member

487 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Some are talking about trading Gallup but that may not be wise because his services will likely be needed due to Cooper's hamstring issue.
    Coop is clearly not a 100% so having MG on the roster is a good thing to have.

2. manster4ever

manster4ever Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    I said this yesterday when someone started a dumb thread suggesting we trade MG...I said 'not if Coop's Hammy keeps acting up. Plus, Wilson is about 185 lbs dripping wet. He could be hurt any time too" Gallup should be welcomed back with open arms

3. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,432 Messages
    6,462 Likes Received
    Trade away Cooper along with Gallup. Problem solved!

4. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

5,630 Messages
    12,995 Likes Received
    Coop is as solid as they come.

He is a true gamer playing through injuries.

817Gill, aikemirv, DogFace and 2 others like this.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

33,391 Messages
    17,917 Likes Received
    Wilson was 197 at the combine and is still listed 197 on the cowboys roster.

DogFace likes this.
  6. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

32,326 Messages
    88,063 Likes Received
    Coop played a great game in the Tampa game ---he can be a great player a times and a good player other times

JJHLH1 likes this.
  7. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,818 Messages
    10,595 Likes Received
    Gallup is needed because he's a good player WR2 type player. This offense is on steroids with all 3WRs on the field. Offense is going to need all these guys..this ain't Madden, stop trying to trade players because there's depth.

chagus, 817Gill, RS12 and 2 others like this.
  8. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

2,722 Messages
    3,195 Likes Received
    Agreed. Gallups cap hit for the 1st year of a deal won't be high so roll all 3 of them (Lamb, Gallup, Cooper) out there again in 2022.

If money gets tight the following year or Amari is still banged up then you can cut him in 2023 and the cap savings would basically pay all of Gallups salary for years 2 and 3 of his deal.

joshjwp and Amarillofan82 like this.
  9. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

14,297 Messages
    22,147 Likes Received
    I wouldnt trade him now. But i would have before the draft

817Gill likes this.
  10. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

14,734 Messages
    16,701 Likes Received
    I don't think Cooper is going to be 100% rest of the season. We are going to need MG if we want to go deep in to the playoffs.

dogberry likes this.
  11. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

17,906 Messages
    17,327 Likes Received
    Call Dez .

Mr_437 and Walker like this.
  12. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

3,804 Messages
    3,902 Likes Received
    What has changed?

13. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

29,948 Messages
    24,425 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with this. I'd be tempted to trade him if it would mean swapping him to add another key defensive piece, but I'd also have trouble doing it because it cuts into some depth that could prove vital. It looks like we finally have good depth at multiple positions, it's hard for me to trade that away.

14. VaqueroTD

VaqueroTD Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    5,564 Likes Received
    I would trade him but not because of Coop, but because Wilson and the other backups seem to be doing fine. It's not like Jaylon though where we have long-term blockers. I see how many injuries are floating around the league these days, and think we just need to hold on to everyone. But Gallup and Wilson's contracts are up. Coop gets more expensive by the year now that he's locked into one of those monster contracts and CeeDee eventually gets a payday. Might as well make the moves now to try and keep some stability there. Another draft pick next year is probably the most realistic option. The only star I'd trade for is a TE since we can't seem to find one in the draft. I would add depth on DL or CB. It's probably too late for a solid backup QB to learn everything we need. I think anything else messes with what we have, barring unforeseen injury.

15. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

5,711 Messages
    6,326 Likes Received
    Cooper is never healthy, but as long as he keeps producing every week...

16. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,214 Messages
    28,901 Likes Received
    If we can just get past this road trip to New England, we get a bye week and then reload with fresh talent coming off IR.

17. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

8,407 Messages
    5,553 Likes Received
    ......we know he wouldn't get the Witt treatment.

18. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

14,297 Messages
    22,147 Likes Received
    Pointless now. Hes been injured and his value isnt at its peak. The only way is if a team gets a rash of wr injuries and we can take advantage of it.

817Gill likes this.
  19. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,221 Messages
    19,700 Likes Received
    another Gallup thread hmm ..never seen a 3rd WR on IR be so talked about what's the 6 open threads LMAO he played 2 qtrs this season. We are 4-0 without him LOL do we want him back :):rolleyes:;)

20. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,221 Messages
    19,700 Likes Received
    theres like five of them...5 open threads on Gallup lol