Gallup - What effect does this have on him?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that depends a lot on Gallup's performance this year... It's even possible that they cut Cooper in two years, or trade him in 1... not that I want that. Right now it's a crazy scary receiver group for opposing offenses and I love that.

Many options will be available.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if Cooper is traded in the next couple of years.

Had the Cowboys known they would draft Lamb I think maybe Cooper is gone and Byron is still here.

I totally disagree. They were surprised Lamb was there but this is a very strong WR class and the Cowboys could have moved on from Amari and taken the best receiver that was still on the board had Lamb not been there. Had the Cowboys moved on from Amari they would have had two wide receiver positions to fill with the loss of Cobb. Plus we still need an elite TE. It’s tough for rookie receivers so we would’ve had some issues offensively having to fill two of our top three WR positions. Adding Lamb along with Amari and Gallup could make us lethal offensively.

No way could we allow Amari to walk and take away Dak’s number one receiver. You can’t pay your QB a boatload of money and take away their number one target. Dak’s numbers have skyrocketed since we added Amari. He’s in our plans long-term. Without him Gallup draws all the coverage while we’re having to incorporate a rookie receiver.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he definitely rebounded later in the season after the atrocious Jets game. I still don’t ever see him as a #1 option but fortunately he shouldn’t ever have to be.

I know he put up yards but still had awful moments like the Eagles game. Lack of concentration at big moments were his biggest problem.

I like Gallup but the guy isn't spiderman as he faced many high and behind ones.....This kid has the talent to produce in the NFL!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if Cooper is traded in the next couple of years.

Had the Cowboys known they would draft Lamb I think maybe Cooper is gone and Byron is still here.

That's exactly why Cooper's team wanted him signed pronto. Dak knew the team couldn't hurt him from the 17 position without it hurting them big time to move up so the draft wasn't much of a concern for him. Cooper's leverage would have plummeted after last night's luck. Agents get a lot of flack but they are excellent financial strategists regarding timing with this stuff and earn every penny they get, IMO.