Gallup's numbers should rival Cooper's

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gallup gets wide open down the sideline EVERY game. If Prescott hit him on half of those, the kid would have the best rookie receiving numbers in the league, because he's the best receiver drafted in April. Watch the next game. If Gallup doesn't get wide open down the sideline for a would be TD, I'll come on here & say you're a genius, which you're clearly not.
So you think if he hit him in stride that teams wouldn't adjust lol? They'd just keep letting him beat them deep? That's not really how the NFL works lol...otherwise, we'd have far more 2k receiving yard games.

Its funny...we talk about we want a new coach and a new coordinator but you guys think we are capable of having two guys averaging 100 yards a game in this offense.

Reaction score
Needs to avoid stopping on the route and it will hit him right in the hands.

But I thought trolls like you said that Dak couldnt throw deep? I guess thats just another dumb observation debunked.
If he hits him while he's wide open going down the sideline, it will be a long reception, even if he throws it 20 yards. Spare me that stopping crap. The kid isn't slowing down, Dak is flat out over throwing him. Give me Baker Mayfield, & Gallup has six TDs by now.

Reaction score
Yep.

He'd be in the discussion for OROY if Dak could get him the ball.
I'm not saying that, although he's the best receiver drafted in April. I'm saying the kid gets wide open-a lot, & Dak needs to start putting the ball on target.

Reaction score
So you think if he hit him in stride that teams wouldn't adjust lol? They'd just keep letting him beat them deep? That's not really how the NFL works lol...otherwise, we'd have far more 2k receiving yard games.

Its funny...we talk about we want a new coach and a new coordinator but you guys think we are capable of having two guys averaging 100 yards a game in this offense.
Don't talk down to me. I've been a fan longer than your punk a butt has been alive. They haven't figured him out yet, dummy, even after sweating when another ball sails over his wide open head. If they've adjusted, they've done a piss poor job. Yeah, and they sure have adjusted to Cooper, too. Only 217 yards & 3 TDs, lol! Haha. Tee-hee. Fool.

Reaction score
Ive actually heard a lot of ex NFL WRs of late blame Gallup on his route running specifically on his deep passes. Greg Jennings, Chris Carter and Michael Irvin. It would explain why Dak has not had any issues connecting with Cooper since day one.
Yeah, he gets wide open, then watches the ball sails ten yards over his head. Really poor route running, there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't talk down to me. I've been a fan longer than your punk a butt has been alive. They haven't figured him out yet, dummy, even after sweating when another ball sails over his wide open head. If they've adjusted, they've done a piss poor job. Yeah, and they sure have adjusted to Cooper, too. Only 217 yards & 3 TDs, lol! Haha. Tee-hee. Fool.
Oh wow you mad mad lol?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Gallup doesn't need to be thrown open.

There's no right/left thing. Gallup doesn't need to be thrown open, either. When your QB looks your way, & you've beaten your man by five yards & separating fast, it doesn't take Tom Brady to toss the ball up & let you run under it. Have you even watched a Cowboys game this year?! Every game, Gallup whips his man on a slug-go route, you know, stop-start? Then, Dak gets so excited to see a receiver that wide open, he overthrows him by ten yards. This is all Dak. The team selected the best receiver in the draft, & their QB can't hit him with a ten foot pole. They don't have a receiver problem, they have an inaccurate QB problem. Draft an accurate QB, or spend the next decade in total frustration.

I don't agree with this post.

JMO

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SMH. Our fans just can’t be happy.
I know right? I really don't get it.

Third round draft pick, rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup, is having a tremendous initial season, though you wouldn't know it looking at his numbers. While 27 receptions for 404 yards & 1 TD in 13 games is acceptable for a rookie, this is no ordinary rookie. Gallup has consistently beaten his man for deep balls, only to be overthrown by Dak Prescott. I have little doubt the kid would have caught almost every ball had it not been thrown ten yards past him. He would be looking at close to 40-750-6 if his QB threw to him with the same touch & accuracy he's had with Cooper. If that connection ever gets right, this offense will be very hard to beat, indeed.

Not all of these throws are Dak's fault. Gallup, only a few times, takes mis-steps or hesitates just enough to not get enough top speed on those routes. These are basics he will improve on as he gets more experience.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how many yards you consider a long pass because in the Commanders game that touchdown was about 25-30 yards before going off for 90.
This this is in reference to long throws similar to the one for Gallup so we're talkin about throws over a distance not a 10 or 15 yard pass where the wide receiver runs the distance.
Like I said the only one that was on target was Amari Cooper in the endzone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This this is in reference to long throws similar to the one for Gallup so we're talkin about throws over a distance not a 10 or 15 yard pass where the wide receiver runs the distance.
Like I said the only one that was on target was Amari Cooper in the endzone.
He's thrown a few this year. Off the top he threw one to Cooper for a touchdown where ehe was on the 10 yard line.

Reaction score
I know right? I really don't get it.

Not all of these throws are Dak's fault. Gallup, only a few times, takes mis-steps or hesitates just enough to not get enough top speed on those routes. These are basics he will improve on as he gets more experience.
Just finished watching the game again. Prescott overthrew several players badly, including the pick that sailed ten yards over the head of a wide open Gallup. Prescott wasn't accurate in college, & he's not in the NFL. You want to keep coming up short for another 23 years, make excuses. You want to win rings, draft an accurate QB. I've been a fan since '65, so I know what champions look like. Staubach & Aikman make those throws with their eyes closed--period.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
“Dak has never missed on a throw....he’s only chosen to not complete some.” —Book of Rayne 13:42

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Third round draft pick, rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup, is having a tremendous initial season, though you wouldn't know it looking at his numbers. While 27 receptions for 404 yards & 1 TD in 13 games is acceptable for a rookie, this is no ordinary rookie. Gallup has consistently beaten his man for deep balls, only to be overthrown by Dak Prescott. I have little doubt the kid would have caught almost every ball had it not been thrown ten yards past him. He would be looking at close to 40-750-6 if his QB threw to him with the same touch & accuracy he's had with Cooper. If that connection ever gets right, this offense will be very hard to beat, indeed.

They will, given time. I liked Gallup as a selection and still like him. Dak to gallup should be phrase we hear for a few years

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Assuming Dak could hit Gallup more often on the deep pass, the only way to prevent that would be to play your DEs deep, which would open up the intermediate passes, making it much easier to gain first down yardage.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Not all of those were on Dak.
It looks like the speeds if Gallup and Cooper are different and Dak needs to pu a little air for Gallup where as with Cooper, he didn’t need to. They need to work on their chemistry

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he hits him while he's wide open going down the sideline, it will be a long reception, even if he throws it 20 yards. Spare me that stopping crap. The kid isn't slowing down, Dak is flat out over throwing him. Give me Baker Mayfield, & Gallup has six TDs by now.
Gallup did slow up on one pass against the Eagles, but only one. The others Dak missed him on appeared to be Dak's fault.