Game Day Menu thread

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Au contraire, bon ami, a sammich can be fancy and sexy.

I am having a Hot Sicilian (and a sammich) which is Serrano Ham, Salami, Capicola, hot and sweet, pepperoni, bacon and provolone on a big Kaiser heated in the over with Dijon and McClure's pickles and chips. You bite this sammich, it bites back and some of that hot Capicola and pepperoni sweat runs out on your hands and you're thankful you're alone and can just lap that up. I have noticed that there are several involuntary audible grunts of satisfaction that accompany this masterful sammich.
Very few meals beat an incredible sandwich!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I am making short ribs that melt in your mouth.

When both my little brothers asked me to learn to cook I told them to master braised short ribs. Great way to learn technique, flavor building, mix of ingredients and several other ways of plating.

The downside is the secret is out so the price of shortribs have gone up/harder to find these days.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Promised the wife...

OIP.lpvskDQ247fHgL8Kuxd3UAHaHa
Blackened Salmon lemon and butter sauce.
OIP.rZ9vNFyoBXhSrOalwEdkpgHaFj
fried vegetables.

OIP._-YbcYqr_u2zaxQlqbKTDQHaLH
my famous Banana bread.

OIP.s6qamKSGfYQzmYOz4R528wHaJ4
Go Cowboys!!:starspin: Long day today. This one is easy!:thumbup:
Banana Bread for the DUB homie!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Not sure. Going to a friend's for dinner and to watch the game. This is my only Saints fan friend. I've been flapping my gums about this game since the schedule came out. Relentlessly.

I'm hoping it's not roasted crow that comes out of the oven.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Damn homie...my son got me sick too, I'm coming out of it now, slight fever and mild symptoms. Get well soon bro.
Thanks man. Yeah, little killers comin home from kindergarten and take you down with their deadly toddler deseases, lol. Of course he was ok again after two days. Naaatuuureee, whhhyyyy? :D

BermyStar

Reaction score
Yeah, little killers comin home from kindergarten and take you down with their deadly toddler deseases, lol. Of course he was ok again after two days. Naaatuuureee, whhhyyyy? :D
FR FR.... and my son (3 years old) is a daddy's boy, so when he sick I'm in the rockin chair with him all night. No amount of vitamin C and garlic cand fight off toddler germs tho lol.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Haha yeah. My son is two, he shares his love between Mama and me. Keeps us awake all night wenn he's sick though.

Cowboys need to win that game for me lol, so I have at least a little joy left in life. /drama queen mode

CCBoy

Reaction score
Nothing fancy tonight, probably just a sammich or a chef's salad.....more concerned about getting a win and then hopefully come back at full strength next week.
What's on your plate?
Go Cowboys!! Salud
Crackers 'n broth...I was just let go at my job...