Twitter: Game knows game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is about 20 QBs like him.. Some are just in awful situations and some aren’t.

A lot of Ryan Tannehill types would be viewed different.

Dre11

Reaction score
There is about 20 QBs like him.. Some are just in awful situations and some aren’t.

lol Tannehill still average in a good situation

Dre11

Reaction score
I didn't agree with the details of Cowherd's list either....but it was before the season, not after.
And for the record, the last poll that included at least one GM or scout from all 32 teams ........had Dak 14th.

I'd like to see that list

phildadon86

Reaction score

Name 20 QB's with Dak's stats.

Oh and since you love to bring it up. His W/L record. Ive seen you bring up Darnold multiple times. He sucks. He always has. Yet you think he can do what Dak can on this team. Darnold has shown nothing of the sort. At all. And now you are going to blame his situation. Because every QB but Dak gets excuses in your eyes.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I doubt there is a GM in the league that picks Dak ahead of Allen.

Not at the moment. Allen had a really good season (107 QB rating) and, of course, wasn't injured. The previous two seasons, though, no one would have taken Allen over a whole bunch of quarterbacks.

It's kind of like Jared Goff, only the opposite. No GM would have traded Goff after the 2017 and 2018 seasons, when his rating was above 100. The shine came off the last couple of seasons.

It just kind of shows the fluctuations with QBs. Few maintain their peak level of play.

Dre11

Reaction score

Oh and since you love to bring it up. His W/L record. Ive seen you bring up Darnold multiple times. He sucks. He always has. Yet you think he can do what Dak can on this team. Darnold has shown nothing of the sort. At all. And now you are going to blame his situation. Because every QB but Dak gets excuses in your eyes.

what a post, that's exactly what these folks like to bring up, W/L record. then they're the same ones hollering the defense sucks , lacks talent, never holds leads. but yet all these other qbs are only in bad situations.

phildadon86

Reaction score
what a post, that's exactly what these folks like to bring up, W/L record. then they're the same ones hollering the defense sucks , lacks talent, never holds leads. but yet all these other qbs are only in bad situations.
When the Cowboys win. Its not because of Dak. When they lose. Its because of him. Its amazing to me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I don’t really care about stats..

That’s for fantasy football.

Most QBs can do the 25-30 TDs with 8-14 picks 65%ish completion percentage. No big deal.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don’t really care about stats..

That’s for fantasy football.

Most QBs can do the 25-30 TDs with 8-14 picks 65%ish completion percentage. No big deal.

its not only about stats, but when folks talk about a qbs personal performance , its what is looked at by almost everybody. Nobody talk about how many wins JJ Watt/Aaron Donald/Kalil Mack have ,yet they get paid top of the market money for their position

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
its not only about stats, but when folks talk about a qbs personal performance , its what is looked at by almost everybody. Nobody talk about how many wins JJ Watt/Aaron Donald/Kalil Mack have ,yet they get paid top of the market money for their position

Yeah but they were the best at what they do.

Dak is a solid QB that will get paid far more then the impact he could ever provide.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah but they were the best at what they do.

Dak is a solid QB that will get paid far more then the impact he could ever provide.

regardless nobody brings up wins, and with what Dak has done compared to his peers thats his market.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Deshaun Watson plays for the most dysfunctional team in the nfl, who got rid of his best WR, Will Fuller can’t stay healthy, never has a reliable run game, and his offensive line is so bad they dramatically overpaid for Laremy Tunsil

And despite all this he still has the second greatest qb rating of any man who’s ever lived. Did you know he threw 70% completion last year? And as a pure downfield thrower, led the league In yards and nearly threw for 5k.

33td 7int on the worst team he’s ever played for, dude is football jesus

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
regardless nobody brings up wins, and with what Dak has done compared to his peers thats his market.

Yep now it’s up to us to decide if we want to participate in the market of stupidity or not.

Spoiler... We will participate and we will be stupid just like all of these other teams who created their own mess.

blueblood70

Reaction score
um he stated 5-10 are debatable so that mean dak could easily be 8-10 and thats where i put him..i listed to this live so got the entire tone of the conversation..

its about perception and whos doing the judging..

also that goes for watson as well watson not top 4 imo he and dak are close around that late spot but with retirements and injuries' to some vets they both have moved up a bit..

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep now it’s up to us to decide if we want to participate in the market of stupidity or not.

Spoiler... We will participate and we will be stupid just like all of these other teams who created their own mess.

its no market of stupidity, its a qb market, you have to have one, when you have a good one you pay him.

Dre11

Reaction score
um he stated 5-10 are debatable so that mean dak could easily be 8-10 and thats where i put him..i listed to this live so got the entire tone of the conversation..

its about perception and whos doing the judging..

also that goes for watson as well watson not top 4 imo he and dak are close around that late spot but with retirements and injuries' to some vets they both have moved up a bit..

I listen to it too, not the tone I got. You could debate all day, he listed 4 that he said did what Dak did consistently on a year to year bases

blueblood70

Reaction score
I got in somewhat of and order but a lot is debatable from 5-on this is my list

Mahomes
rogers
wilson
brady
watson
dak
allen
jackson
Ryan
murray
mayfield
stafford
tannehill

young guys like burrow and herbert still have to prove themselves but they are next might climb the list quickly

these dudes were top 5-6 and well ,

rivers brees and big ben have slipped and all close to retired so i can see why daks rising a bit with watosn

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
its no market of stupidity, its a qb market, you have to have one, when you have a good one you pay him.

No its inflated and teams without elite QBs are screwing themselves over and even teams with elite QBs have QBs freaking out because they can’t put enough pieces around them.

Dallas is in the same situation as Seattle but with a worse QB and Russell is finally on the cheap end of his deal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I listen to it too, not the tone I got. You could debate all day, he listed 4 that he said did what Dak did consistently on a year to year bases

not the entire tone he stated only ones clearly better he'd take over them but the rest were very debatable to who is better ie like tie and in the eye of the beholder. Besides i guarantee it was live and they left wlson out by accident put on the spot..dak is not better then wilson nor is watson id give our 6th and dak right now for wilson..period.

the debate does start at around 5 with dak and watson ie who'd you take plus all in that debate..
allen
jackson
Ryan
murray
mayfield
stafford
tannehill