Twitter: Game knows game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dre11, Feb 17, 2021.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,305 Messages
    5,260 Likes Received
    I'm not pissed or mad, just confused? It hurts my beautiful brain playing some D7 VooDoo blues, 12/4 time...makes it love.

Typhus likes this.
  2. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,721 Messages
    8,895 Likes Received
    You just crazy,, we seem to love crazy
    I got a box of old vcr tapes, the rainy soggy championship game in candlestick.
    I feel so lonely and old watching it, but the memories bring me back to a time when I was proud of this team.

Corso likes this.
  3. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

4,858 Messages
    13,706 Likes Received
    Couldn't care less about any of that. I said he was a great player. I've followed his entire career, dating back to Richmond VA. And this lack of an OL is all hearsay. Duane Brown, Russell Okung, and Max Unger are All Pros. He's had guys.

The facts are ever since his elite defense has moved on, he's basically Tony Romo. Can't get past the Divisional Round.

Keep slobbering.

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,305 Messages
    5,260 Likes Received
    Hell yes! I would post a picture of my happy face...but the mods won't allow it...all jealous and stuff.

Corso and Typhus like this.
  5. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

15,686 Messages
    10,828 Likes Received
    Oh I'm a dak lover bc I don't think he signs a 1 year deal for 1M? Lololol..good one

6. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,721 Messages
    8,895 Likes Received
    Crazy how the money has wrecked this game.
    The shame of the game is that just simply not enough GOATs that play this game for the ring anymore.
    I hate saying it, but the crazy money that gets paid out seems to take a lot of motivation away for most players.
    The money just seems out of control and its a very small committee that still play the game to win the game.
    More play to elevate and secure their bank accounts.
    I applaud players like Tom Brady that still succeed despite his financial wealth.
    He deserves every penny.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  7. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,394 Likes Received
    Bob Griese played when? I know you're not comparing the style of play then to now?

Tannehill was a mere spectator for much of the game in Baltimore. Tennessee attempted only one pass in the final 20 minutes. Tannehill finished with 88 yards on seven completions, a week after throwing for 72 yards in the win in New England, the first time a quarterback has won back-to-back playoff games throwing for less than 100 yards since 1974.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  8. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

10,595 Messages
    9,792 Likes Received
    Tannehill PFF score
    2019: 92.5
    2020: 90.3

That is elite.

He has great arm, size, good judgment, avoids sacks, runs well and has awesome ball security (just 7 INTs). He also is clutch. Had 6(!) Game Winning drives this year alone.

Why are you cherry picking one game? In that game Titans had a lead and didn't need to pass. What does that have to do with anything?

9. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,394 Likes Received
    Dude we can go down all his games. Tannehill is an average qb. Period

10. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

10,595 Messages
    9,792 Likes Received
    You haven't watched but a handful of his games.

The people at PFF (who get paid $millions by NFL teams) have scrutinized everyone one of his plays, and he has scored as elite two years in a row.

Oh...and 2019 Pro Bowler.

Or take these rankings:
    NFL.com...ranks him #8
    ProFootballnetwork...ranks him #8
    USAToday...#8

Need I continue?

11. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    4,110 Likes Received
    I dont understand the current mindset in society where we have to give credence to and discuss ad nauseum the comments and opinions of [insert random guy on TV or the internet]. Most of these people just say things for clicks anyway. God or evolution (whichever you believe) gave you the ability to look at the evidence and come up with your own opinions.

My opinion. These 6 are in a tier above Dak:

Mahomes
    Rogers
    Brady
    Wilson
    Watson
    Allen

Next tier:

Lamar Jackson (only because of his style translating to playoffs. otherwise, he's tier 1)
    Dak
    Kyler
    Ryan Tannehill
    Stafford
    Herbert and Burrow (small sample size alert)

I think a reasonable person should have Dak anywhere in the 7-13 range. If you dont, my opinion is you're either a "nut-swinger" or a "hater."

SlammedZero likes this.
  12. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    1 thing Dak has over wilson at this point is Wilson goes down waaaaay to easily now. almost giving up like Eli use to

13. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    6,155 Likes Received
    Yes, I know. I watched both games.
    You're a coach. Do you throw the ball often when you're getting 8 yards a carry?
    Right. Hey, remember the SB one year when a team had a 25 point lead and wouldn't
    run the ball?
    Tannehill made two kids into 1000 yard wrs.
    Kind of killed your narrative.

14. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,702 Messages
    60,338 Likes Received
    Josh Allen is better. Wilson obviously is. I’d say Watson is comparable but not clearly better.

15. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,753 Messages
    2,654 Likes Received
    Agreed. Better than. Brady right now. Just without the defense.

16. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,753 Messages
    2,654 Likes Received
    Are Superbowls not won with great teams? Even Aikman was stacked on both sides of the ball. Rarely do any QB's win without support. Good teams win. QB is a big part, but not fully responsible. He won big at a pretty young age, and is a much better QB now than when he got a chip.

Russ sees the field well, gets the ball out quick, is mobile, elusive, accurate, and makes the best out of every play. Dak does this a bit (less consistently accurate with ball placement on intermediate throws). No reason to not slobber. Dude is an absolute baller.

17. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

17,286 Messages
    26,341 Likes Received
    Wait, so, Wilson has gotten to two Super Bowls but it wasn’t due to him apparently. Then you blame him for the Seahawks not making it past the divisional round the past couple of seasons.

Yep, no agenda there.

BTW, how many times has Dak gotten the Cowboys past the divisional round? Let me guess.....he can’t do it alone?

18. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,394 Likes Received
    i watched plenty, he's average

19. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,394 Likes Received

of all the qbs that played 16 games as he did. he was last in comp, last in Atts, close to last in comp% (21st I think only 2 were lower) last in yards, last in yards per game. 19th in sacks. Average

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  20. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Joe Rod Zone Supporter

11,013 Messages
    3,199 Likes Received
    Domonique Foxworth is a hack and his take is ridiculous, but after Dak signs a long term deal with Dallas I will post this take all over the internet and praise him as a genius.