Game turned when they put Zeke back in for Pollard

aria

Reaction score
Aria....you don't like Zeke....in fact I think you HATE Zeke. If you want latch on to everything to blame Zeke you're doing it well. I see what I see, and you believe what you believe.
Now can you come up with something beside Zeke is the reason we got a pandemic......at some point?
You just continue to make excuses for the guy and your excuses are like swiss cheese, there’s holes in them everywhere. In case you haven’t noticed, there are several other people that have been critical of him this year as well.

Was I wrong about anything I said? Please tell me out instead of just calling me out for posting facts that hurt your feelings because you love zeke.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
What is the cap hit if he was released this off season? Does it make sense to just get it done like Rams did with Gurely? Maybe Jerrah learned his lesson on running backs that everyone else already knew. Maybe not since he did trade multiple picks for Galloway and then Williams. Can’t win with guys like Zeke. Add on his huge cap hit and it’s another Jerrah special on this team.

cowboyed

Reaction score
This decision is stemming from the owner's box. I am pretty sure Pollard would get more carries on another team. You go with the hot hand.
I am not a fan of Jerry as GM but that is totally untrue. McCarthy makes those decisions along with Moore input.

Cmac

Reaction score
You just continue to make excuses for the guy and your excuses are like swiss cheese, there’s holes in them everywhere. In case you haven’t noticed, there are several other people that have been critical of him this year as well.

Was I wrong about anything I said? Please tell me out instead of just calling me out for posting facts that hurt your feelings because you love zeke.
No excuses for Zeke....just baffled that The game turned when they put Zeke in for Pollard. Makes no sense, if that's all people can come up with regarding this team. You were already prepared to call Zeke a loser if he sat out to nurse a hamstring. I got it. No convincing of you. Like you.....I hope Zeke leaves/traded/released.....this base don't deserve anything that's positive. I'm just baffles that you don't see a bigger picture, except your penchant for Zeke hate. As for the money.....you more mad at Zeke's wallet than you should be when you look at FICA on your own check.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don’t mean to throw a wet blanket on this idea, but the fact that we seemed to want to run Zeke between the tackles on three tight end packages and run Pollard in the spread formation might have something to do with that as well.
romo said the 3 te formation was not the right way to attack pitt defense. they should have run more spread formations.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Jerry as GM but that is totally untrue. McCarthy makes those decisions along with Moore input.
no, as on any team the guys that get big money are the ones that get most of the snaps. Coaches cant go against the owners desires.

Cmac

Reaction score
Pollard...2 targets, 1 catch for 1 yard......something is wrong if you can't get Pollard on a LB or exploit him in the open field.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Predictability is what kills us. However no one says a damn thing when Pollard is swallowed up behind the line, but when he breaks one he's getting holes Zeke rarely sees anymore.

It seems when zeke gets the ball the defense is all over him. When pollard lines up the defense just assumes pass. We need less predictability when Zeke is on the field.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It should be noted that Zeke has ALREADY lost more games without Dak than Dak has lost without Zeke.

Remember that the next time some idiot tells you that Zeke was carrying Dak.

Yes...let's take performance and comments form FOUR YEARS ago and act like someone said it yesterday.

gawd...people. Hate em.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was already a stupid narrative before and looking dumber all the time. But to be fair, Zeke was the focal point of the offense those first two years.. but it has clearly shifted to Dak now..
Exactly. How dumb to you have to be to go back 4 years and act liek it's now...AND think you;re so clever with it?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Gilbert makes a wild throw to your "elite" TB, who can't break a shoe string tackle.

Such a bad signing. He and Jaylon. Whew.
The sad part is that they signed the contract and since then there hasn’t been one game where they have performed well.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Anyone see the ball bounce right off stone hands chest on the 10 yard out on that final drive?

Yes.

And it’s absolutely maddening to watch this team continue to split him out wide like he’s freakin Marshall Faulk.

This all goes back to this franchise’s inability to evaluate its own personnel.

Zeke is not some dynamic game-changing running back.

Loso86

Reaction score
Momentum seemed to have shifted.......................Cowboys were driving down the field and Pollard had just busted loose for couple of nice 18-20 yard runs. 2 more than Zeke has had in 3 years. It looked like Pollard was just primed to break one more tackle he would take it to the house.

Then they got stupid and put Zeke back in. And that's where it all stalled. If Pollard plays 80% of the game, the Cowboys win.

Anyone see the ball bounce right off stone hands chest on the 10 yard out on that final drive?

Why they continue to feature Zeke in the run game remains a big mystery.

Pollard: 9 carries for 57 yards.........6.3 average (Looked like he was just getting warmed up)

Zeke Idiot: 18 carries for 2.8 yards
Could've gone without calling him an idiot, something you wouldn't do in person

aria

Reaction score
No excuses for Zeke....just baffled that The game turned when they put Zeke in for Pollard. Makes no sense, if that's all people can come up with regarding this team. You were already prepared to call Zeke a loser if he sat out to nurse a hamstring. I got it. No convincing of you. Like you.....I hope Zeke leaves/traded/released.....this base don't deserve anything that's positive. I'm just baffles that you don't see a bigger picture, except your penchant for Zeke hate. As for the money.....you more mad at Zeke's wallet than you should be when you look at FICA on your own check.
Did I say the zeke turned when they put Pollard in? Can you quote me on that because I don’t recall saying that, I think you’re just making assumptions because I call zeke out on plenty of things that he should be held accountable for.

Why do you keep making this about being jealous of his money? Are you familiar with the salary cap? Are you familiar with how many teams who have drafted and paid a RB big money have regretted it? Do you think he’s earned his pay check? You better say yes or you’re a hypocrite and must be jealous of his wallet. If you cared about this teams success you would be disgusted with his contract as well but you seem to care more about the player than the team.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
This is the mark of the Jerry Jones era. Garbage play from players after they get their big contract, but Jerry can't stomach benching a guy who he just paid.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Predictability is what kills us. However no one says a damn thing when Pollard is swallowed up behind the line, but when he breaks one he's getting holes Zeke rarely sees anymore.

It seems when zeke gets the ball the defense is all over him. When pollard lines up the defense just assumes pass. We need less predictability when Zeke is on the field.

Pittsburgh's defense is, as I believe Romo said, is set up to stop the run. Obvious to me they were keying on Zeke, too many times the defender was right in front of Zeke when he got the ball, regardless of the formation, etc. Any running back can be stopped if that's what a team focuses on, and has the personnel to do it.

And Pittsburgh was intent on stopping Zeke before anything else...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Pollard has been the better and more explosive RB for 2 years now. God awful contract we have Zeke.

Easier to be explosive when you only get the ball a few times a game, teams set their defense to defend main players, not part timers. We saw Moose do very well when he ran the ball or got passes, but does anybody think if he was the main running back he'd been anywhere near as good as Emmitt in tough situations? (Yes I know he was a fullback instead of a running back, speaking in generalities here). Many were screaming for Marion Barber to be the starting running back instead of a part time guy, but when he became that, his effectiveness went down substantially.

Pollard is quicker, that's easily seen, but he doesn't get the tough yards nearly as well as Zeke. We need both of them...