Gameday menu!

dcstar

Reaction score
Just me and my wife at the table today- C-19 precautions keeping us from the rest of the fam. So just a small Turkey, smaller portions of all the usual sides. But what I’m really looking forward to my wife’s fantastic, unusual Apricot pie with homemade whipped cream.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends and go Cowboys!

Bobhaze

I'm sure your wife's Apricot pie is outstanding...love it myself.

Have you ever tried grilled apricots with goat cheese? One of my favorites. Now that'll have to be on the menu one Sunday...lol

Happy Thanksgiving n enjoy.

Go Cowboys!

catiii

Reaction score
Alone so no turkey. Making a good herb bread stuffing though, but with sauteed chicken breasts which I'll probably slice into strips and eat on flour tortillas with salsa verde, lettuce and tomato.
That Frio6.0 is so rank, I can't drink dat stuff no mo - alcohol of the day will be the high octane 80 proof version :rolleyes: (Cabrito Reposado - most popular Tequila en Mexico and for good reason. I'd drink this over Patron or any of those expensive ones any day.) Next time at the grocery store I'm going back to Sierra Nevada Torpedos or just good cheap Miller High Life bottles and use the rest of my Frio6.0 as a cleaning solution. :lmao:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bobhaze

I'm sure your wife's Apricot pie is outstanding...love it myself.

Have you ever tried grilled apricots with goat cheese? One of my favorites. Now that'll have to be on the menu one Sunday...lol

Happy Thanksgiving n enjoy.

Go Cowboys!
Wow, that sounds tasty DC. I’m putting it on the “To Eat” list!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alone so no turkey. Making a good herb bread stuffing though, but with sauteed chicken breasts which I'll probably slice into strips and eat on flour tortillas with salsa verde, lettuce and tomato.
That Frio6.0 is so rank, I can't drink dat stuff no mo - alcohol of the day will be the high octane 80 proof version :rolleyes: (Cabrito Reposado - most popular Tequila en Mexico and for good reason. I'd drink this over Patron or any of those expensive ones any day.) Next time at the grocery store I'm going back to Sierra Nevada Torpedos or just good cheap Miller High Life bottles and use the rest of my Frio6.0 as a cleaning solution. :lmao:
Salud!! Glad to see you're feeling better!

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Well, Chinese take out of course..

I kid, I kid.

Turkey brined for 12 hours in a family solution. About to come out of the oven.

Dressing, a family recipe by my great Uncle Richard Bolt, former chef of the 6666 Ranch in Carson/Hutchinson County TX.

Hand made mashed potatoes.

Lots of Wild Turkey and Egg Nog.

catiii

Reaction score
Well, Chinese take out of course..

I kid, I kid.

Turkey brined for 12 hours in a family solution. About to come out of the oven.

Dressing, a family recipe by my great Uncle Richard Bolt, former chef of the 6666 Ranch in Carson/Hutchinson County TX.

Hand made mashed potatoes.

Lots of Wild Turkey and Egg Nog.
Wow we drove past that Ranch and it's awesome runway for years on our trips out to West TX back in the old days!

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Wow we drove past that Ranch and it's awesome runway for years on our trips out to West TX back in the old days!

Awesome!

I was born in Dallas but my late Mom's side of the family were all West Texas, going back five generations. They were primarily from Levelland.

My Great Uncle Richard was head chef at 6666 Ranch through the 60's. I've got his Thanksgiving dressing, chili and camp stew recipes. All are amazing.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
We had Jerry's brains for dinner, now I feel stupid.