Gant is an UDFA still

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Someone help me see why I'm so wrong about this guy. I was ready to take him in the 4th and he still hasn't signed.

I'm right on occasion, I was on board with LVE long before we picked him. I called the Maliek Collins pick months in advance. I'm also wrong a lot, and I'm the first to admit it. I'm still waiting to see Hackenburg become a star bahaha. I was on team Taco instead of team Watt.

But I dont think I'm wrong about Gant. I swear he's a starter caliber SS just waiting to get signed. I wont presume to know more than the pros which have spoken with him and his coaches and his parents etc. So I get that I'm probably just wrong about him.

What I need is for someone to explain why I'm so wrong. Is there an off field issue I dont know about? Did he just look good against bad competition?

In my mind his floor is a better version of Heath (acceptable SS starter and ST ace), and his ceiling is a guy that just might, maybe, make a PB or two at SS.

The Realist

Reaction score
I would be able to chime in if I knew his first name and what school he went to.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m a big, big fan of Gant and think he can turn into a starting SS as well.

Really don’t know why he didn’t get drafted...thought he’d likely go around the 5th or so.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
he signed with the patriots last night I believe

You're right, I just googled it.

At least it isnt Philly, and at least NE of all teams agree with me.

Mods, please close this thread, as it has become a monument to my disappointment about not signing Gant.

bodi

Reaction score
Patriots undrafted free agency signings

SS Malik Gant, Marshall (5116, 209 lbs): A physical defensive back, Gant was used in various ways at Marshall. Given his frame and tackling abilities, however, he appears best suited to serve as a safety/linebacker hybrid at the next level: aligning closer to the box allows him to play off strengths in the running game and should ideally give him more favorable coverage matchups against tight ends and running backs