Garrett’s post game speech

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone see it or have a video of it.

I seen part of it on one of the local DFW sports.

As they handed out NFC East Champs hats.
He told the players.that tomorrow is Christmas Eve, so enjoy the hat then give it away to someone as a gift. Then they can get back to work as they have bigger fish to fry.

Thought that was a pretty cool way to remind them of the..enjoy the win for a day, then back to work...

Zman5

Reaction score

He told the players.that tomorrow is Christmas Eve, so enjoy the hat then give it away to someone as a gift. Then they can get back to work as they have bigger fish to fry.

Thought that was a pretty cool way to remind them of the..enjoy the win for a day, then back to work...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/locker-room-winning-locker-room

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score

He said the same thing last time we won the division. Happy to hear that speech again though!

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was just a joke.....……….whats wrong, your panties are too tight or something...………...lighten up a little Francis;)

Perhaps. But I just got through reading the other thread where you were ragging on Garrett and immediately see this one where you are throwing shade again. Seems more of a pattern than a joke, but okay.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Perhaps. But I just got through reading the other thread where you were ragging on Garrett and immediately see this one where you are throwing shade again. Seems more of a pattern than a joke, but okay.
Does it have to be one way or the other? Why not call out his mistakes and praise when needed. I have never figured out why guys are so one way with folks.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Loved seeing Tyrone Smith's ear to ear smile. Awesome. :D

Another thing I noticed, he's always standing on Garrett's blind side in these locker room speeches. Creature of habit?
:starspin:

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

I was debating Idgit on the "full body of work" Garrett has accomplished as head coach. Idgit was trying to convince me that winning division championships in and of itself proves Garrett is a good coach regardless of his playoff record. I was not buying it and I had to set Idgit straight.

Idgit is a good guy, we PM each other a lot, and we go back and forth about Garrett but Idgit is a good guy who I like debating.

So you see how reading comments out of context and them making assumptions about posters really makes you like silly? You read our debate and then saw this thread where a joke is being made and you totally took it to be serious, LOL. Yeah, I am so miserable and sad because the professional sports team I follow won a division title today. Yeah, it makes total sense, LOL. Maybe in the future, dont be so quick to judge other people just off comments when you have no idea the context in which they were made. Just some friendly advice.

GMO415

Reaction score
2016 speech 2.0. Let's hope we don't get same results.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't often take the time to listen to Garrett's press briefings. By contrast, I seek out Jerry Jones's press coverage - but, that is more for entertainment purposes than pithy insights on the Cowboys.

Back to Garrett - I have to admit that I am impressed with the way he handles himself in a press conference. And, to be completely transparent, I am impressed with the way he has handled this season, particularly after the less-than-inspiring 3-5 record at midseason. Like many others, I was ready to write off the season - not necessarily tank, mind you - but I had little hope of even reaching 8-8 at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a great coach. Quite the contrary, his record suggests nothing more than average. More than anything else, I feel he is often out-coached by the opposing team. However, compared with 2016 when he won coach of the year, I think he has done a better job this year.

Maybe it is the Christmas spirit and I am feeling warm and fuzzy :).