Garrett’s reaction to the Kellen Moore hype

Dre11

Reaction score
Some of you guys like to reach and make nothing into something. This is non sense and a complete waste of time to even discuss. So the 1st time ever OC of the DC is getting help and not doing it all on his own, wow, what a shock. A team that has talked about "collaborative" team building and coaching for, I don't know, the last 8 years is working collaborative again, wow, what a shock. I get that some of you really hate the HC, but come on, this is even more stupid than "he froze his own kicker" which I thought was a dumb as it could get it, but alas, I was wrong.
Exactly

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I find it interesting there’s not more applause for a HC who’s offense has been in playoffs despite not having an Elite QB or a top 5 defense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like the sarcasm...lol they're out in full form today this is the same message that has been put out from day one.

This game of choosing to believe negative things about the staff without any reasons for doing so, repeating it until it seems to be consensus, and then acting shocked when called on it even though it’s completely imaginary....it gets really old after a while.

I can’t wait for training camp to get here so we can’t start leaping to conclusions about things that actually happen.

Dre11

Reaction score
You live in a different world than I do. How can you say that nobody thought those teams were very good. I believe most fans thought they were really good. I know I did. I honestly expected that we would have at least one or even two Super Bowls by now. We've had some really good talent over the past 10 years with wasted opportunities under Garrett.

All those teams were heavily flawed, mainly on defense. Anyone who says otherwise didn't have a clue of what they were watching.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I'm sure Garrett does feel threatened, but something had to be done. The clown deserves it for his poor playoff record.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This game of choosing to believe negative things about the staff without any reasons for doing so, repeating it until it seems to be consensus, and then acting shocked when called on it even though it’s completely imaginary....it gets really old after a while.

I can’t wait for training camp to get here so we can’t start leaping to conclusions about things that actually happen.
Yeah... Training Camp will totally prevent the leaping to conclusions and the other guys who poo-poo everything.
What a robitussin!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep

Who’s idea was it to make Moore QB coach ? Nobody cared. Lol
Iol - I think fans just trashed everyone. Garrett, Jerry, Stephen, Linehan .... it actually seems more are on board with him as OC.

Dre11

Reaction score
This Jerry from the beginning. How is this anything different.

"Well, I think it's a great opportunity for our team and for our players," he said ahead of the 2019 NFL Honors show, via BlackSportsOnline. "[Moore has] got some really great staff that are on that offensive staff with him. They all have some great ideas that really are keeping with a lot of our philosophies. You have Jason [Garrett] sitting there as a safety net, and I think it's an ideal time to stretch out."

renny

Reaction score
This is not a bashing dak, Garrett, or Moore response, but you guys are over reacting.

Dak is a 4th round qb, who is on his 4th year. He has by no means mastered Garrett’s offense or offense in general.

If Scott was still the coordinator and the play calling was exactly the same, dak and the offense would improve this year.

What it really comes down to is practice, execution, and personnel. He has the receivers now, and he has some experience. The offense as a whole has to step it up, no matter who is calling plays.

Execution in the first half and red zone
It's hard to execute in the NFL when the opposing team knows what you're doing!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
if JJ now sees JG is useless, hes as bad as some fans. why would he clean house when he finally has some good coaches in place? Whyy not clean 1 guy ad than show the fans why all his choices have beenn bad.

Agreed, but that's not how Jones sees it. For him, Garrett is the perfect puppet. AS long as he gets good coordinators around Garrett running the day to day football side, he sees Garrett as perfect for him.

Dre11

Reaction score
It's hard to execute in the NFL when the opposing team knows what you're doing!

This the most overrated phrase here, every team knows what the next teams scheme and strengths. If teams really knew what we were doing, how the heck did this team go to the second round of the playoffs with the talent and defensive minds in the nfl...lol we won the division went to the second round with the other teams knowing our plays....lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If teams really knew what we were doing, how the heck did this team go to the second round of the playoffs with the talent and defensive minds in the nfl...lol we won the division went to the second round with the other teams knowing our plays....lol
The Packers of the 1960s and the Cowboys of the early 1990s were all about execution. Everyone also knew what they were doing, they just couldn't stop it. They just executed to the nth degree.

This team went as far as they could going to the second round of the playoffs last year. And yes, you could say they actually overachieved thanks to the coaching handicap.

Garrett's issue is that he still expects this to be an execution game and he's not able to prepare his team to do so like the best coaches in this game. And there aren't many. Maybe a couple.

Johnny23

Reaction score
This is not a bashing dak, Garrett, or Moore response, but you guys are over reacting.

Dak is a 4th round qb, who is on his 4th year. He has by no means mastered Garrett’s offense or offense in general.

If Scott was still the coordinator and the play calling was exactly the same, dak and the offense would improve this year.

What it really comes down to is practice, execution, and personnel. He has the receivers now, and he has some experience. The offense as a whole has to step it up, no matter who is calling plays.

Execution in the first half and red zone
It also doesn't help running 4 curls or designed plays that play into the strength of the defense. It's not going to be good to run a sail concept against teams like Seattle or Carolina that force you to think it's zone when it's man. That's on coaching preparing for looks that are hallmarks of these teams.

That's what scares me and the fact Garrett is the constant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Packers of the 1960s and the Cowboys of the early 1990s were all about execution. Everyone also knew what they were doing, they just couldn't stop it. They just executed to the nth degree.

This team went as far as they could going to the second round of the playoffs last year. And yes, you could say they actually overachieved thanks to the coaching handicap.

Garrett's issue is that he still expects this to be an execution game and he's not able to prepare his team to do so like the best coaches in this game. And there aren't many. Maybe a couple.
True.. and great coaching isn’t a luxury Jerry’s going to invest in anymore. So, we’ll need elite talent to execute.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So the entire board has it all wrong on Garrett, but you alone have it right?

If Garrett is so great, then why isn't he calling plays anymore? Why isn't he still the OC? Why doesn't he have a new contract?

Because he is sooo awesome right? LOL

You are "THAT GUY"!!!!

Fire407

Reaction score
True.. and great coaching isn’t a luxury Jerry’s going to invest in anymore. So, we’ll need elite talent to execute.
Probably for the immediate future. But we all think that Jerry at least has his eye on Moore as a future HC. It's the Sean McVay effect. If McVay had come out his first two years with the Rams and been just average or even failed, teams wouldn't be looking for the hot shot young coach. Kingsbury wouldn't be coaching the Cardinals, Lafleur wouldn't be coaching the Packers, and Jerry probably wouldn't be considering Moore. If Jerry does promote Moore next season, I would be fine with it. I just don't want to see another coach treated like a son where he's given chance after chance and had authority taken away from him just to protect him from being held responsible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Probably for the immediate future. But we all think that Jerry at least has his eye on Moore as a future HC. It's the Sean McVay effect. If McVay had come out his first two years with the Rams and been just average or even failed, teams wouldn't be looking for the hot shot young coach. Kingsbury wouldn't be coaching the Cardinals, Lafleur wouldn't be coaching the Packers, and Jerry probably wouldn't be considering Moore. If Jerry does promote Moore next season, I would be fine with it. I just don't want to see another coach treated like a son where he's given chance after chance and had authority taken away from him just to protect him from being held responsible.
That’s pure speculation with Moore. And Jerry isn’t bringing anyone in who would take credit away from him or we’d already have a legit coaching staff.
Puppets is all we’re going to get.