Garrett as offense coordinator?

Rayman70

Reaction score
no. Garrett wont be calling plays. He may not even be our HC. Jerry reserves the right to get rid of him any moment. Its not a forgone conclusion. Told you guys this yesterday. Linehan was a goner...I knew Garrett was assuming too much. He still is..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How?

Why do you think Linehan was brought here? Did you not watch Dallas when he was calling plays?

It was a mess.

Linehan came in and immediately made us a balanced offense.
garrett produced top 10 offenses even as a coordinator/coach. garrett as OC under wade produced 3 top 10 offenses and a top 2 scoring offense. its been amess with dak at the helm. limited QB play has also hurt this team. and btw, I am not excusing linehan who couldnt' adjust to Dak's limited abilities and couldn't hide his warts.

visionary

Reaction score
Does anyone think it possible he may go back to calling plays and just hire a running and/or passing game coordinator? Similar to the structure before Callahan left. In fact, that could put Colombo in play for dual roles.

:lmao2::facepalm:
Lesson 1: PAY ATTENTION

jblaze2004

Reaction score
i hope not. If so jerry has official a wash rinse repeat owner and don't truly care about bringing a superbowl trophy back to dallas anytime soon.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He benefited from what Sean Peyton brought here. Please don't give me credit. He sucks.

The Cowboys did not have dynamic offenses under Payton. I don't know if that was all his fault - I often thought Parcells held Payton back because he trusted his defense more than his offense, but that doesn't change the fact that Garrett didn't inherit anything special from Payton.

CPanther95

Reaction score
So he fails at OC and he gets promoted to HC. Then he fails at HC so you want to make him both HC and OC?

If he fails at that, he's going to expect to become NFL Commissioner.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Does anyone think it possible he may go back to calling plays and just hire a running and/or passing game coordinator? Similar to the structure before Callahan left. In fact, that could put Colombo in play for dual roles.
HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
garrett produced top 10 offenses even as a coordinator/coach. garrett as OC under wade produced 3 top 10 offenses and a top 2 scoring offense. its been amess with dak at the helm. limited QB play has also hurt this team. and btw, I am not excusing linehan who couldnt' adjust to Dak's limited abilities and couldn't hide his warts.

Garrett produced squat.

He stood on the shoulders of Tony Romo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett produced squat.

He stood on the shoulders of Tony Romo.
can we say that about Bilicheck? he is standing on the shoulders of Brady. without Brady he couldn't make the playoffs. it takes players to make coaches look good. even Payton hasn't done much without Brees.

CWR

Reaction score
He could take over play calling but he'd still need to name a new coordinator.

I don't know what external candidate you think you can get if you think this head coach is coaching his last year here.

Would you like your pick of OC if it means a contract extension for Garrett with it?

An opportunistic candidate may think he has a chance to replace Garrett.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
can we say that about Bilicheck? he is standing on the shoulders of Brady. without Brady he couldn't make the playoffs. it takes players to make coaches look good. even Payton hasn't done much without Brees.

He has a winning record without Brady in New England.

The problem is you can’t differentiate good coaching and bad coaching and just look at the result. Jerry Jones does this too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He has a winning record without Brady in New England.

The problem is you can’t differentiate good coaching and bad coaching and just look at the result. Jerry Jones does this too.
I can differentiate good coaching....but there is no denying the one fact that none of these coaches have done it without the right QB...

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roth....these guys are all HOFers.... no doubt.

bilicheck missed playoffs when he lost Brady. Bilicheck was average in Cleveland.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Boy , I hope not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
NO, just relax until monday and we will know who is the OC. My guess is they already spoke and have a deal in place.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can differentiate good coaching....but there is no denying the one fact that none of these coaches have done it without the right QB...

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roth....these guys are all HOFers.... no doubt.

bilicheck missed playoffs when he lost Brady. Bilicheck was average in Cleveland.

Belichick missed the playoffs with a 11-5 record in his year without Brady.

QB and coaching are the 2 most important positions but we have seen Garrett with Romo and the whole thing was entirely Romo dependent and he got no help from his coaching staff until Linehan got here in 2014.

These 4 remaining coaches aren’t running bland and basic schemes like we do.

Garrett is not a game day coach at all. The 4 remaining coaches are brilliant on game day.

Garrett has had 10 years and has never got past the divisional round.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Probably not.

But it's what I want to see. Either Garrett fixes it or we sink and everyone can go.

Except if we sink, Jerry will probably just say that Garrett had too much on his plate, then keep him and get him a real OC the following year. Then if we still sink, the OC will take the fall again. It will be an eternal excuse for Garrett.

dfense

Reaction score
Did you not see how bad he was as a coordinator before?:huh:
No, actually had some top 10 offenses.
2007 3rd in yards, 2nd in points. 2nd in TD passes.
2009 2nd in yards.
Top 10 in passing yards every year he was coordinator.
so there's that....