Twitter: Garrett beats Dak in accuracy contests

phildadon86

Reaction score
This isn't middle school baseball, If I were you I would teach the kid some control instead of trying to compare that to the NFL. Sounds like you're not very good at evaluating talent.
To be quite honest. If I am dak, after seeing how people who stand against their coach. I would let him win an accuracy competition too. Just saying

blueblood70

Reaction score
David Carr took more shots in one year than Dak has in two!!
Point is he failed in the NFL due to no Offensive line and under constant pressure, he did squat his team threw him under the bus but he wasn't than and isn't now as good as Dak..he can play with no pressure..so my point is he cant talk about dak when dak rolls in and starts his career off 22-10 a playoff Appearance a ROTY award and has the same numbers as his PB brother..trying to see his point... If hes bad so is Derek and David..David got ran out of the league with the pressure and Dak fought trough it and IMO will be better for it this year..If he isn't he still had a better career over 2 years than that DB david Carr had in whatever amount of time he laid on his back..

jrumann59

Reaction score
Point is he failed in the NFL due to no Offensive line and under constant pressure, he did squat his team threw him under the bus but he wasn't than and isn't now as good as Dak..he can play with no pressure..so my point is he cant talk about dak when dak rolls in and starts his career off 22-10 a playoff Appearance a ROTY award and has the same numbers as his PB brother..trying to see his point... If hes bad so is Derek and David..David got ran out of the league with the pressure and Dak fought trough it and IMO will be better for it this year..If he isn't he still had a better career over 2 years than that DB david Carr had in whatever amount of time he laid on his back..

While all that is great remember RG3 won NFC ROTY in 2012 with nice stats and playoff loss in the WC and Russell Wilson won AFC ROTY. Dak has some accuracy issues as that little exercise showed. The goal was to throw it to a spot repeatedly, ie repeat a throwing motion against air, no pressure. I give him a pass on touch that is an acquired skill because in college they are more throwers than passers. They should have him working with a QB coach that knows mechanics and fundamentals so that he can refine his motion. Once he does that he can become a passer, right now he can become RG3 or Russell Wilson, I think he can become Russell Wilson but if he does not get the right coaching he could easily become RG3 relying on athleticism.

blueblood70

Reaction score
While all that is great remember RG3 won NFC ROTY in 2012 with nice stats and playoff loss in the WC and Russell Wilson won AFC ROTY. Dak has some accuracy issues as that little exercise showed. The goal was to throw it to a spot repeatedly, ie repeat a throwing motion against air, no pressure. I give him a pass on touch that is an acquired skill because in college they are more throwers than passers. They should have him working with a QB coach that knows mechanics and fundamentals so that he can refine his motion. Once he does that he can become a passer, right now he can become RG3 or Russell Wilson, I think he can become Russell Wilson but if he does not get the right coaching he could easily become RG3 relying on athleticism.

RG3 is bad comparison, hes was always a run first QB that could huck it up, liked the deep ball.. Dak is pocket passer than can run but rather throw it.. he is more like a Russell Wilson but not quite there yet..if Rg3 could have stayed healthy he could have had chance but he never could do to his running style.. Rg3 is more like tim tebow.. Dak is better thrower than either one but got in slump as the pressure came on late in the year..he will power through it.. for sure hes not a Romo type passer, he never will be nor does he have to be.. his footwork was more of the issues along with some pocket presence that caused his accuracy issues.. ive seen him throw nice balls with zip and power, he just got the yips and had issues getting the form back.. hes not a noodle arm qb that cant throw , but you are correct hes more of a thrower than passer but you can win with that as long as he just gets that foort work corrected..but a lot of the guys that can really spin it put up big numbers like Kirk Cousins, they didnt win anything wither and since been traded off their own teams.. its not like Dak was 12td 12int..the guys numbers were exactly like Carrs last year and Carr made the AFC PB..go figure..im confident hell come around..

aikemirv

Reaction score
Sure he can because if David Carr came into the NFL with a situation like Dak did he could easily have been a Pro Bowler. Don't even try to compare what Carr came into to what Dak did.

249 sacks in 5 years.....

By the way Dak has not proven to have fought through it yet. He has looked a bit scarred since!

phildadon86

Reaction score
So was Eddie Lacy, Percy Harvin, and RG3.
Don't really think any of them had the rookie season that Dak had. Dak is built way better than RG3, takes care of himself unlike Eddie Lacy, and doesn't have hip issues like Harvin. Why do people always have to find outlying players to prove their points?

erod

Reaction score
Don't really think any of them had the rookie season that Dak had. Dak is built way better than RG3, takes care of himself unlike Eddie Lacy, and doesn't have hip issues like Harvin. Why do people always have to find outlying players to prove their points?
Dak drove Zeke's bus that year.

He did well, but c'mon. It wasn't that great. It was just great for a rookie.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak drove Zeke's bus that year.

He did well, but c'mon. It wasn't that great. It was just great for a rookie.
The HOF seems to disagree. So do the record books. He came one win away from beating Big Bens rookie record for wins, beat Tom Bradys record for most consecutive passes without an INT. And on top of that amassed another record with yards. I am at work and don't feel like looking it up. Him and Zekes jerseys are both in the HOF. Already. Now, on top of that, he rode Zekes coat tails? What about those games where he won with his arm when we decided not to use zeke properly?

Hadenough

Reaction score
He absolutely did not. Some of you guys are delusional. Rush doesn't have the arm that Dak does, and its not even close
Go back and watch film. Rush throws the ball more on a rope as opposed to Daks Ball has arc to it. Dak has terrible mechanics and you saw that when he was throwing the ball with Garrett. He totally arms the ball. I have never seen an nfl qb with such a weak throw when his footwork is off. He was missing Beasley short by 10 feet burying the ball in the dirt. Yes Dak can throw the ball 50 yards but he needs an extra step to wind up and do it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go back and watch film. Rush throws the ball more on a rope as opposed to Daks Ball has arc to it. Dak has terrible mechanics and you saw that when he was throwing the ball with Garrett. He totally arms the ball. I have never seen an nfl qb with such a weak throw when his footwork is off. He was missing Beasley short by 10 feet burying the ball in the dirt. Yes Dak can throw the ball 50 yards but he needs an extra step to wind up and do it.

Rush is a better throwing all around QB than Noodles.....truth hurts but hey you can always live in the Dak dream world...

erod

Reaction score
The HOF seems to disagree. So do the record books. He came one win away from beating Big Bens rookie record for wins, beat Tom Bradys record for most consecutive passes without an INT. And on top of that amassed another record with yards. I am at work and don't feel like looking it up. Him and Zekes jerseys are both in the HOF. Already. Now, on top of that, he rode Zekes coat tails? What about those games where he won with his arm when we decided not to use zeke properly?

I watched the games. He had a helluva game against Pittsburgh, then it got worse from there.

Zeke and the offensive line, along with a weak schedule, carried the team to the playoffs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Rush is a better throwing all around QB than Noodles.....truth hurts but hey you can always live in the Dak dream world...
At first watching Dak lob the ball I thought he was just being casual. Kinda like that competition with Garrett. If you want a good laugh Go watch the 2016 pro bowl challenge with Dak, Rivers, Brees and Dalton. Dak sure didn’t look good there either.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I am sorry both of you need to actually watch game film. There is no planet that Rush is a better QB than Dak. Except the one you have created in your mind. This is coming from one of the same guys that judged Dak on one game for his whole career. Thank you both for adding to my ignore pile. Buffoons.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sorry both of you need to actually watch game film. There is no planet that Rush is a better QB than Dak. Except the one you have created in your mind. This is coming from one of the same guys that judged Dak on one game for his whole career. Thank you both for adding to my ignore pile. Buffoons.

Have no fear "Dak Panic Attack"will save the day Phildadon.....lol
You can ignore us all you want but you can't ignore missing the playoffs last season or how our offense simply stinks when Zeke isn't saving the day...

Bus Driver Dak ouuuuahhhhhhh