Twitter: Garrett greatest regret

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol. Guys and girls would you regret any of the things you mentioned if it was you... He did what he had to do. If he truly threw Wade under the bus to get the job then it’s messed up. But it seemed the team quit on Wade.. Could JG spread things in the locker room to do that without it coming out in the media eventually from the players involved... And is it happening to him now.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Stupid...lol Wade's defense quit on him. I guess Garrett told them to quit...lol
The offense played no part in the defenses failures. Do you even know how football is played or you just look at box scores like a clown? If the offense is constantly 3 and out then what?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Stupid...lol Wade's defense quit on him. I guess Garrett told them to quit...lol

they really didn't though. They just had the exact problems the team has right now. Poor pass defense, untimely penalties and a struggling offense.

I went back and watched the jax and gb games from 2010. Jon Kitna was as terrible as I remembered, the offensive line struggled in both games.

The defense had drives continue because of penalties and in the gb game great throws by rodgers. Collinsworth was pointing out the defense during the plays, just like the team right now the other teams know exactly what they are doing. David Garrard said after beating Dallas that he knew their coverages and they play the same way....almost identical to what darnold said, he also threw in they have a woe is me attitude however which I think started the narrative about them quitting.

Also collinsworth I think swayed opinion during the broadcast saying over and over the effort wasn't there when watching the game it was. Mike jenkins had a play where he just let a wr go in from the one but other than that they were still out there fighting to get stops down 45-7.

The offense was horrendous. Kitna threw a horrible to an open austin that swung the momentum in the first quarter after Dallas had blocked a field goal....then the next possession miles austin ran a perfect post and was open for a 50+ yard TD and Kitna missed him by a mile.

anyway, watching those games I see no difference in the effort from that 2010 team to the effort from this 2019 team the past two weeks. Getting down 31-3 and 21-3 is a serious problem. I have a feeling if the coach was anyone else he would be toast monday morning going into the bye.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I thought maybe throwing Romo under the bus in the press conferences after a couple different loses.

When I really lost all respect for this great players coach.

You'll know he's really on the hot seat when he starts throwing coaches/coaching under the bus instead of players/performance in his post-game presser.

That's when he's got the next scapegoat in his sights.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I thought maybe throwing Romo under the bus in the press conferences after a couple different loses.

When I really lost all respect for this great players coach.

I will never forget him playing right into the narrative the media wanted so bad after that 2013 loss to GB. He said romo changed the play.

Yet, the million times Romo changed the plays and they were successful I don't recall a single time of Romo saying well garrett called this and I had to change it.....yet we know that to be true.

Mannix

Reaction score
I heard that his greatest regret was losing the instruction manual to his Bat Utility Belt, which he simply wears for show.