Garrett: I don't remember what I said this morning **merged**

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So sounds like Garrett wasn’t told anything. Said what he said. The Jones’ told him we have to meet. Then Garrett got amnesia.

How neutered of a head coach can you have. Does anyone honesty think a legit coach would come to this?

If Garrett has any pride left he should quit.
5 million bucks a year says, I don't mind being a punching bag. Why should I care? After they can me, I'll just go retire in Montana with the 40 plus Million I made off of stupid Jerry.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That should be a fireable offence by JG? You can not have that kind of insubordination...Jones, get Garrett out of the building.
You are funny ,bro.

You sound like one of the town people in Frankenstein.

" Get the pitch forks and the torches..we will not sleep until that monster is captured."

Poor Mr. Garrett..he was such a quiet man.

Who knew he was a monster?

:lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cows%20Stephen%20Jones.JPG
The three amigos....
That photo looks like death warmed over. Lol

lukin2006

Reaction score
You are funny ,bro.

You sound like one of the town people in Frankenstein.

" Get the pitch forks and the torches..we will not sleep until that monster is captured."

Poor Mr. Garrett..he was such a quiet man.

Who knew he was a monster?

:lmao:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ochoa is clickbaiting at BTB, this is what is the DC.com site about Garrett's original comments. There is nothing definite in his comments -

We don’t anticipate any significant changes on our staff,” Garrett said, adding that the team is still in evaluation mode less than two days after its divisional-round playoff loss to the L.A. Rams.
WHO is the WE ??

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When you get right down to it, this is bizarrely awesome. Our HC can't remember what he said like 7 hours earlier.

There a certain kind of lovable loser type quality to Garrett. Says what he said this morning, gets a scolding from his step brother and step father, slinks back out there like a whipped mule and plays dumb, "uh gee guys, I don't remember what I said.......... you must have me confused with someone else............"

Garrett after talking with Jerry...………... "who is this Scott Linehan you speak of, I know of nobody by that name here".

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Here’s what he actually said. You guys ever going to learn?

"We don't anticipate any significant changes on our staff, Garrett said on Shan and RJ. "Obviously, we're still evaluating everything on our football team. We're 36 hours after the ballgame but we're going to keep trying to grow as a staff and as a football team. We'll evaluate what we did and just keep trying to get better."

Several hours later, Garrett changed his tune, saying he didn't remember what he had said on The Fan and that the club hadn't held their end of season meeting to discuss coaches and players futures.

"It's still pretty immediate right now. Obviously, we just played the game on Saturday night," Garrett said at his end of season press conference. "Over the last several days, I've been in player interviews. We're going to have our first real staff meeting when we get done with the press conference and we'll talk about staff stuff. We haven't had any conversations about our staff at all

When further questioned about his answer, Garrett said, "we haven't had any subsequent conversations about our staff. Scott did a great job this year. I don't know how I answered that question this morning. Nothing has changed."

Following the on-camera session with the media, Garrett was once again asked about Scott Linehan's future with the team and said regardless of his previous answers, he expects Linehan to remain with the Cowboys in 2019.
Strange, you omitted the part where Garrett said "I DO" when asked if he expected Linehan to be back next year. Hmmm. Any particular reason for that?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When you get right down to it, this is bizarrely awesome. Our HC can't remember what he said like 7 hours earlier.

There a certain kind of lovable loser type quality to Garrett. Says what he said this morning, gets a scolding from his step brother and step father, slinks back out there like a whipped mule and plays dumb, "uh gee guys, I don't remember what I said.......... you must have me confused with someone else............"

And people think this goober is going to take this team to the NFC Championship Game next year...………………...LMAO

I wonder what color the sky is in the world they live in:laugh:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strange, you omitted the part where Garrett said "I DO" when asked if he expected Linehan to be back next year. Hmmm. Any particular reason for that?

It wasn’t in the paragraphs from the article that had the major quotes. Was it elsewhere and I missed it? I didn’t edit anything.

EDIT: I don’t see it in the article at all. Where are you seeing it?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It wasn’t in the paragraphs from the article that had the major quotes. Was it elsewhere and I missed it? I didn’t edit anything.

EDIT: I don’t see it in the article at all. Where are you seeing it?
Yep it was a radio interview Garrett had this morning on 105.3 and the link to it is in this thread at the beginning. I listened to it. His comment was toward the end of the soundbite.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
During the PC, Garrett just threw it all on Linehan. He said Lineman prepares, coaches, and makes calls on offense. Sound to me as if he saying "Don't look at me, don't ask me. He did it all"

Linehan and his boy Moore are gone I hope

:cool:

Now we know why Scotty was not fired mid-season...…………...Garrett needed somebody to throw under the bus:laugh:

"I agree, that 4th down call was just stupid and did I mention that Scotty is 100% responsible for that, I had nothing to do with it, nothing!"

CLASSIC GARRETT;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep it was a radio interview Garrett had this morning on 105.3 and the link to it is in this thread at the beginning. I listened to it. His comment was toward the end of the soundbite.

Well. There’s your answer. I used the text quote.

Nobody will delete the post if you want to transcribe it for us.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This has to change:

The Cowboys gained just 308 total yards in their 30-22 NFC Divisional Round defeat to the Los Angeles Rams. Their general offensive futility was a theme throughout the year.

Dallas averaged 343.8 yards per game (22nd) and ranked 24th in offensive efficiency, per Football Outsiders. The arrival of Amari Cooper provided a momentary boost, but the effect faded toward the end of the regular season and into the playoffs.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ed-on-cowboys-staff-despite-previous-comments

They'll figure out just how, as they go through after action analysis...

The Amari Cooper effect faded toward the end of the regular season and into the playoffs because...…….wait for it......teams adjusted!

Yes, I know it is a weird concept, but NFL teams with competent head coaches actually do make adjustments for their opponents. Normally, the correct response is for the Cowboys to then adjust based of how other teams adjusted, but that doesn't happen here.

Like when Broaddus was asked if the report was true that the Rams knew every one of our defensive alignments pre-snap and called plays accordingly....…...Broaddus said, "that's called scouting".

OUCH:(