Garrett: I don't remember what I said this morning **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No he didn't , I knew you had no idea, the host asked him if he EXPECTED Linenhan back, he said " I do" that's it. He never said he was definitely coming back. He also said he didn't" Expect" any changes.

Then why the "I dont remember" response 2 hours later?

Come on man, that is the weakest excuse in the book right behind "the dog ate my homework".

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Here’s what he actually said. You guys ever going to learn?

"We don't anticipate any significant changes on our staff, Garrett said on Shan and RJ. "Obviously, we're still evaluating everything on our football team. We're 36 hours after the ballgame but we're going to keep trying to grow as a staff and as a football team. We'll evaluate what we did and just keep trying to get better."

Several hours later, Garrett changed his tune, saying he didn't remember what he had said on The Fan and that the club hadn't held their end of season meeting to discuss coaches and players futures.

"It's still pretty immediate right now. Obviously, we just played the game on Saturday night," Garrett said at his end of season press conference. "Over the last several days, I've been in player interviews. We're going to have our first real staff meeting when we get done with the press conference and we'll talk about staff stuff. We haven't had any conversations about our staff at all

When further questioned about his answer, Garrett said, "we haven't had any subsequent conversations about our staff. Scott did a great job this year. I don't know how I answered that question this morning. Nothing has changed."

Following the on-camera session with the media, Garrett was once again asked about Scott Linehan's future with the team and said regardless of his previous answers, he expects Linehan to remain with the Cowboys in 2019.

Hey Idgit, are you a Garrett supporter?

I ask because I cant remember:laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope people don't take that as a joke because that's exactly what happened. You don't remember what you just said about whether or not your OC is sticking around?

Or did the cancers of the team straighten you out after you dared to act like a real head coach?

This is why Jerry is comfortable. Parcells would tell him to go bleep himself and his fat son.

The sun rises and falls with Jerry......ice tea anyone??

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey buddy, whats up.

I agree...…...I think Scotty is gone and they just dont want to announce anything until they have a replacement lined up.

The senior bowl is where this usually happens. Even if they had a replacement, they’d probably let SL get through that week to try to line up a gig if they were going I make a move. But the rumblings seem to be there.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yep. It just was t in the article.

I knew Garrett would be back even if we failed to make the tournament, I have no idea about Scott either way but it would not surprise me if Scott is back as OC just like Garrett said.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew Garrett would be back even if we failed to make the tournament, I have no idea about Scott either way but it would not surprise me if Scott is back as OC just like Garrett said.

I won’t be shocked, either way. I do think there’s probably room to make a change at OC if we find the right hire. And whatever went down last season, it seemed like Linehan won that power struggle. I’m not sure the offense we performed well enough to consider that faith repaid.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I won’t be shocked, either way. I do think Byers’s probably room to make a change at OC if we find the right hire. And whatever went down last season, it seemed like Linehan won that power struggle. I’m not sure the offense we performed well enough to consider that faith repaid.
I think Scott used some influence and it blew up in his face, the only question is does it cost him his job based on the results. Hard to say where the Jones family will come down on the situation.

I think it could go either way but I definitely hope they find someone else who knows how to use Dak and these offensive pieces in a better way than Scott. I think we need some imagination on offense that can offer better production from the talent we do have already not even considering new additions!

rockj7

Reaction score
I hope people don't take that as a joke because that's exactly what happened. You don't remember what you just said about whether or not your OC is sticking around?

Or did the cancers of the team straighten you out after you dared to act like a real head coach?

This is why Jerry is comfortable. Parcells would tell him to go bleep himself and his fat son.

"And his fat son" lol

Risen I felt that through the screen you meant that ish. Man I'm in complete agreement i also know you wouldn't give a damn if i wasnt in agreement ol

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
"And his fat son" lol

Risen I felt that through the screen you meant that ish. Man I'm in complete agreement i also know you wouldn't give a damn if i wasnt in agreement ol
espnapi_dm_170813_nfl_stephen_jones_on_zeke_wmain.jpg
Meatball...

Fire407

Reaction score
This is a bad look because it emphasizes how Jason Garrett plays the role of puppet. I've seen other threads recently where people want Jason to fire Linehan, and it's obvious that Jason can't fire anyone. He can't decide who's going to sit out a game or who is going to play. Steven and Jerry are the puppet masters.

Dre11

Reaction score
Then why the "I dont remember" response 2 hours later?

Come on man, that is the weakest excuse in the book right behind "the dog ate my homework".

Stop quoting, he said he "didn't know how he answered the question earlier" which he probably didn't know the exact way he worded it. Jason is smart enough to know when the media is trying to create a story. But if he was talked to by Stephen and Jerry about it as many of you claimed, he wouldn't had doubled down on it, by saying he still expect him to return.