Garrett is a Moron...UH-HUH!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Last week, he got blasted for going pass-happy and force-feeding it into TO.

This week, he runs, STICKS with the run, and does NOT force-feed it into TO or whoever.

So all of a sudden, he's a BIGGER moron?!?:bang2:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Boysboy;2310601 said:

This week, he runs, STICKS with the run, and does NOT force-feed it into TO or whoever.

Who is rediculing him? Running the ball and spreading the ball out was the perfect gameplan and should be implemented on every game from now on.

DTK

Reaction score
Well, if he's doing what others want instead of what is right, then yes he's a moron. In general, I love his playcalling. But these last 2 games he seems out of it.

I don't know how often it happens, but it sure seems like if we have an imcomplete pass on first down, you could bet the ranch that the next play is a running play.

Also, it seems to me that we basically go into each game with 3-4 running plays that we use over and over and over.

dre1614

Reaction score
DTK;2310626 said:
Well, if he's doing what others want instead of what is right, then yes he's a moron. In general, I love his playcalling. But these last 2 games he seems out of it.

I don't know how often it happens, but it sure seems like if we have an imcomplete pass on first down, you could bet the ranch that the next play is a running play.

Also, it seems to me that we basically go into each game with 3-4 running plays that we use over and over and over.

because they usually work.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Only critique of him from me, would be to stop running that delayed fake pass draw play so much.

And send Owens on some crossing routes.

Other then that, good game from the offense, and him calling the offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
The best play calling Garrett has ever done was last year, in the first game against Philly, where he moved TO all over the place, the whole game. Since then, he hasn't done it. All he is doing is running TO straight into the key of the defensive game-plan... They need to motion him way more on the line, especially having him line up in the slot to run quick slants...

Teams are dropping back in coverage to take away the vertical passing game of the Cowboys, and Garrett still calls a vertical game, instead of making them adjust...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
We pass on 1st down for an incompletion....what do we do on second down?

....I'd love to see the stats, because it seems like every team, every fan, every person on the planet knows.

It's getting old.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2310642 said:
Only critique of him from me, would be to stop running that delayed fake pass draw play so much.

And send Owens on some crossing routes.

Other then that, good game from the offense, and him calling the offense.

Boy, couldn't agree more! I understand the hoped effect by the delayed draw,ie slowing the rush, but 6-8 times a game is a bit much.

And yes, can we get TO into more Mike Irvin routes?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
khiladi;2310659 said:
The best play calling Garrett has ever done was last year, in the first game against Philly, where he moved TO all over the place, the whole game. Since then, he hasn't done it. All he is doing is running TO straight into the key of the defensive game-plan... They need to motion him way more on the line, especially having him line up in the slot to run quick slants...

Teams are dropping back in coverage to take away the vertical passing game of the Cowboys, and Garrett still calls a vertical game, instead of making them adjust...
yup.

JG has perhaps the most potent group of weapons in the NFL (TO, Witten, MB, Felix & Romo) to work with and plays right into the hands of opposing defenses. Nullifies our own offense for quarters at a time.

What game has JG or the Cupcake actually COACHED UP a victory?

Hmmmm.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We won? what is the issue?

17-4 as offensive coordinator.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think the game plan was alright today.

Romo missed open receivers all game - that is not on the OC.

I do think Garrett needs to get Romo to use the short routes more as he has fallen in love with the deep ball. There should be more quick plays to Crayton and Austin and more plays designed for Felix and Barber out of the backfield.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2310601 said:

My only beef is that our offense does not seem very imaginative. We have like 5 running plays and call them over and over again.

When we do pass, 90% of the time it is to either Witten or TO.

The play calling is also starting to get predictable. While watching the game today, my girlfriend started calling pass or run before the snap to see if she could guess it based off down and distance.

She was nailing it about 75% of the time, this has me worried:bang2:

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
Eskimo;2310786 said:
I think the game plan was alright today.

Romo missed open receivers all game - that is not on the OC.

I do think Garrett needs to get Romo to use the short routes more as he has fallen in love with the deep ball. There should be more quick plays to Crayton and Austin and more plays designed for Felix and Barber out of the backfield.
Throw the Wheel Route to Felix and MBIII to get them into the open field where they can be devastating. Philly does it with Westbrook and it is very difficult to defend.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Where is Dallas ranked in points per game and ranked in NFL in total offense?

Your girlfriend is just good :)

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
A screen here or there would be pretty effective, espcially with the pass rush getting in Romo's face the last couple of weeks.