Garrett lucked out again

blueblood70

Reaction score
A 9-7 NFC East win probably keeps JG around 1 more year but I can still see Linehan leaving if passing game isn’t more consistent.

Also don’t underestimate Moore leaving if Linehan goes.

There’s coaches who would actually want to come here to prove themselves with Zeke, Cooper and this OL
we need them all gone but Linehan and Moore have to be let go period..Dak needs a better scheme and better play caller to see what he can actually be..

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Since they were using their TO’s I would have taken at least one shot for a td
If you miss an extra point then no distance is safe
I would have had to take a shot at getting 7
I get the logic of playing it safe in that situation but I’d have to have took one shot
I agree on the shot however the officials were letting the players play and it was evident on Dak’s first pass attempt in the drive. I would have only taken the shot if the officials were calling interference throughout the game.

The CBs for Atlanta love to hold and with Atlanta having a safety that can catch, you don’t want to risk it.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Where have you been the last 2 weeks?

DAK has had game winning drives.

Are you being serious or is this sarcasm?
I wasn't referring to the game winning drives but the drive previous to this when we could have closed the game out but went ultra conservative thus allowing the other team the opportunity to win/tie

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Sitting on the 45 yard FG again this ******* lucked out. If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game that is all we are talking about right now. Don't care for the idiot who comes on here and says "if", cause it didn't happen today doesn't mean it doesn't happen next time. Not saying I don't have confidence in our kicker but you gotta be more aggressive in that situation and if I was the HC or OC I wouldn't be comfortable till the ball was inside the 20.
If my sister had a you know what she would be my brother. The way she verbally abuses me, I sometimes wonder. :laugh:

aikemirv

Reaction score
The antimosity towards Garrett is hilarious.

I’ve never seen fans so determined to lose to get their coach fired. Lol

I no longer stick up for Garrett but you are right. That series at the end was absolutely the right playcalling. I mean why bother getting closer, he missed an extra point. At 42 yards it is just a matter of kicking the ball straight!

I don't know how you can say he got lucky again when it did not work out for them against Washington.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
The antimosity towards Garrett is hilarious.

I’ve never seen fans so determined to lose to get their coach fired. Lol
I agree with you. Garrett is probably here next year anyway, so lets just hope we win out and win the division. Jerry aint changing his ways.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Sigh.. look we ALL know clapper is a gutless wonder, I have no idea what the Princeton DB is thinking with some of his game calls. But as luck would have it, the sun still shines on a dogs butt every now and again. We have won 2 road games, against some pretty decent teams in the Eagles and Falcons. No one, here would have thought we would could win either. No, I am still on the fire clapper wagon, but if he can keep the team winning, no matter how then we should all just smile and be happy with it, even if it's taking some pretty screwed up odds against the out come. I never doubted the FG... were not changing anything, it's been 9 long seasons with the clap, so lets just eat the cake and ice cream and hold our heads up a little more.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This season is the ultimate Garrett special. 5-0 vs losing teams 0-5 vs .500 or better teams...same old Garrett team.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sitting on the 45 yard FG again this ******* lucked out. If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game that is all we are talking about right now. Don't care for the idiot who comes on here and says "if", cause it didn't happen today doesn't mean it doesn't happen next time. Not saying I don't have confidence in our kicker but you gotta be more aggressive in that situation and if I was the HC or OC I wouldn't be comfortable till the ball was inside the 20.

I think that is basically what you are saying...actually you just said it before calling anyone an idiot for coming in and saying "if"

"If Maher misses that kick which is very possible and we lose that game"

I guess by this argument you are calling yourself an idiot.

I am not calling you that. I am only following what you said yourself.

Maybe you should have worded that a little better.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
WRONG....it played out perfectly and he is supposed to play it for a field goal.....he has to burn the clock and not give the ball back to the other team and chance of a long completion and/or TD like it happened the previous series....any sane coach would have done the same thing....

Dre11

Reaction score
Ok you just made my point. What happened in washington again? Settled for a long FG right. Yup.

That means what? He also didn't settle for a long fg in Washington, a penalty made it longer.

Dre11

Reaction score
WRONG....it played out perfectly and he is supposed to play it for a field goal.....he has to burn the clock and not give the ball back to the other team and chance of a long completion and/or TD like it happened the previous series....any sane coach would have done the same thing....

Exactly