Garrett not ready to commit to new LG over Williams

CWR

Reaction score
Garrett just being prudent. Let's see more of filo before rushing to conclusions.

That's a perfectly logical conclusion and it totally escaped me initially. Lol I'm so used to hating our coaches.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Too soon. Will let you know.

Williams will be out a little while, and we'll see what Su'a-Filo can do in the meantime. No need to make a decision until Williams is ready to play. And no reason to rush Williams back if Su'a-Filo is doing well.

But we have Su'a-Filo signed as long as Collins. Getting a good look at him this year can open options for next year. If we like him, extend him this offseason. He's playing for nothing this year, and next. Maybe we can lock up a decent player for years to come on the cheap.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nahh, that would ruin a 20 page thread.

Garrett has no reason to annoint Sua-Filo and every reason to tell him to keep working his butt off in practice if he wants to start. But I'll post this again when this thread hits 20 pages.
Nobody's anointing him. Just give him a chance to win the job. That's more than the QB had to do.

superonyx

Reaction score
Sure but I don’t think it was that much improved
We had a goid running

if he was that good why was he replaced by the team that drafted him
It wasn’t like in many cases about the money
We aren’t paying him that much
I’m not saying he is so good.
The fact that he is better than Conor Williams says more about Conor than it does about him.

Williams is a liability at LG at this point.

conner01

Reaction score
I’m not saying he is so good.
The fact that he is better than Conor Williams says more about Conor than it does about him.

Williams is a liability at LG at this point.
I don’t see the liability myself
I see a rookie making rookie mistakes for the most part which improves with reps and he’s gotten better as he’s played

slick325

Reaction score
Ride the "hot hand" Coach Garrett. It's a meritocracy in the Dallas locker room.

Oh wait... 2016 flashbacks. PTSD I guess...my apologies all.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don’t see the liability myself
I see a rookie making rookie mistakes for the most part which improves with reps and he’s gotten better as he’s played
The fact we even need to have this conversation says so much.
Where there is smoke there is fire.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Of course not. When something works, Garrett is the last to embrace it. It was an obvious upgrade but sticking with it would entail admitting that some guy you picked up off the street is better than your 2nd round pick and you have been starting the wrong player all along. Garrett will never admit that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to rush Williams back for this game. He just had his knee cleaned out.

Give him another week to rest and get another look at Su'a-Filo.

bpfred

Reaction score
IMO, this board is over-reacting to Sua-Filo and Williams both. Sua-Filo played slightly better than Williams--not a lot better. Further, it is only one game.

Sua-Filo looks stronger than Williams. Williams, IMO, has better feet. Williams will be better at pulling, at getting to the second level to seal LBers, and handling speed. There are plenty of incredibly strong Gs that don't do those things very well at all.

Power is nice, so is speed. It's hard to find both qualities in one player--there's only so many Zach Martins in the league.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
IMO, this board is over-reacting to Sua-Filo and Williams both. Sua-Filo played slightly better than Williams--not a lot better. Further, it is only one game.

Sua-Filo looks stronger than Williams. Williams, IMO, has better feet. Williams will be better at pulling, at getting to the second level to seal LBers, and handling speed. There are plenty of incredibly strong Gs that don't do those things very well at all.

Power is nice, so is speed. It's hard to find both qualities in one player--there's only so many Zach Martins in the league.

A little better ? Even when Williams doesn't get 'beat' per se , when pass blocking , it seems he spends an inordinate amount of time being move back into Dak's line of sight/vision , which we all know causes Prescott to panic and start running like a headless chicken.................Su'a-Filo at this point possesses power that Williams hasn't had the proper time to accumulate..........................I believe he will , but he's simply not there yet..........................

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Williams is the future
He’s gonna start when healthy
It’s nothing that most teams don’t do unless a guy falls on his face
Players learn by playing, not watching
he may well be the future. i hope so. but for now if the other guy is outplaying him, play him. williams can sit and learn.