Garrett: Prescott Showed “Special” Fight Despite Hurt Ankle, Offense’s Struggles

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The more I see this stuff the more I'm convinced we will never stand a chance. You got people blaming Dak, you have people blaming Zeke, you have a bad D and then you have circus ringleader Jerry saying others are to blame, not Zeke and Red giving a participation trophy to Dak. All I hear is this....

khiladi

Reaction score
Dez had to put his body into Talib and box him. That was all on Dez. Even experts put the blame on Dez on that play.

He had to put a body on Talib while running a corner fade route turning his body and ready to jump, looking for the Ball on the air..

Ok..

Which 'expert' was this?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Dez had to put his body into Talib and box him. That was all on Dez. Even experts put the blame on Dez on that play.

If that was what he was supposed to do then he ran the wrong route, but I haven't heard anyone inside the organization say that.

shabazz

Reaction score
The more I see this stuff the more I'm convinced we will never stand a chance. You got people blaming Dak, you have people blaming Zeke, you have a bad D and then you have circus ringleader Jerry saying others are to blame, not Zeke and Red giving a participation trophy to Dak. All I hear is this....

Ok, Offensive line played poorly, Zeke had no where to run, awful play calling by coaches as well as failure to adjust at the half but...........I still nominate Dak for a Participation Award as his play is insulated by any criticism. I'd sooner butcher a cow on a New Delhi street than cast dispersions upon Dak.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
If that was what he was supposed to do then he ran the wrong route, but I haven't heard anyone inside the organization say that.

Some outside organization are saying it wasn't a fade. Chris Carter demonstrated it this morning and pointed that out. I know it's Carter by I have heard it from others in the media also.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Dak Prescott stood at the post-game podium Sunday night in Denver and took full responsibility for the Cowboys’ offensive struggles in a 42-17 blowout loss to the Broncos.

“When you play the way I played tonight, you’re not going to win many games in this league,” he said.

His head coach had a much different opinion about the second-year quarterback’s performance.

“If you get a chance, go back and watch the tape of No. 4,” Jason Garrett said Monday. “No. 4 is a special player.”

Prescott obviously wasn't perfect. He threw two interceptions in a game for only the second time in his 19-game NFL career, counting playoffs. His 68.6 passer rating was his third-lowest to date. The Cowboys’ offense, collectively, converted only 3 of 14 third downs and went 1 of 3 in the red zone.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/09/18/garrett-prescott-showed-“special”-fight-despite-hurt-ankle-offense’s-struggles

Last season Seattle had a similar situation with their QB Russel Wilson, having ankle problems.

It cost them some games while he worked thru it and they had a much better defense to help him.

Our defense is a liability and will be all year.

DAK is exposed..

Now what?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Last season Seattle had a similar situation with their QB Russel Wilson, having ankle problems.

It cost them some games while he worked thru it and they had a much better defense to help him.

Our defense is a liability and will be all year.

DAK is exposed..

Now what?

8-8

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I'll take Shannon sharpe opinion on a route before I do a zone poster. That's just me though

Eviceration starts at 4:10 :facepalm:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Oh great, Garrett's infamous "fight" speech.

Was Dak supposed to walk off the field or something when he fell behind? Even Brandon Weeden didn't do that.

Just a bad coach trying to sound like Lombardi again.
"We weren't making plays in the passing game." -> "Garrett threw Dak under the bus! Worst coach ever!"
"Dak is a special player who never stopped competing in that game." -> This post.

Staubacher

Reaction score
"We weren't making plays in the passing game." -> "Garrett threw Dak under the bus! Worst coach ever!"
"Dak is a special player who never stopped competing in that game." -> This post.

You usually take two people's separate posts and pretend they're one?