Garrett should of been fired after Rams vs Cowboys Divisional Round

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If Jerry was serious about maximizing what was left of Romo’s career, Garrett should’ve been replaced after 2012. However, when it became clear Romo wasn’t going to last a full season anymore, there was no rush. It wasn’t feasible to fire him until now.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People don't remember ed reed and ray lewis shutting down the old stadium, i remember them talking about garret's offense as plain and simple back then. Nothing changed. When romo used to criticize the offense that should have been the wake up call.

JJ wanted garret to win so badly he kept him on, he figured we'd win "in spite" of garret. For years we didn't draft offensive lineman until JJ came to his senses. Its the same thing with coaches, maybe finally JJ realized its now or never in terms of winning another SB.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I know the forum has discussed this at to a fault but I have to say that after watching every play of that game again a bit ago I came away thinking that our defense was absolutely embarrassing.

Dude.

You literally figured out in your 1st sentence why this threat is unnecessary. Why pollute the board with it?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
that game was an example of how his teams always seemed unprepared for the post season...coming out flat.

minnesota and new england last season were examples of his lack of "feel" for in game decisions...we run when we should be throwing(minnesota)....and throw when we should be running(new england).
that is exactly how I felt about those 2 games, but part of the blame there has to lie with
KM?? And a little on Dak.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I know the forum has discussed this at to a fault but I have to say that after watching every play of that game again a bit ago I came away thinking that our defense was absolutely embarrassing.

Dak had a few bad throws, but watching all offensive possessions I still think he played more than well enough to win. The gameplan that we came out with offensively was just a recipe of failure against the defense the rams were running.

It felt like to me after watching it again that we didn't know how to adjust offensively, and it really felt like the offense was losing confidence watching the defense getting lit up for over 200 yards rushing.

Having said all of that, I really can't believe that this wasn't the moment that got Garrett fired! I'm still a little put off that Jerry had the never to bring him back another year after that performance. There is no doubt in mind that Jerry did what Jerry does best and that is make an emotional decision regarding the Freckled Puppet.
That red headed freaking loser should’ve been fired 6 years prior to that. I’m glad he’s gone. Both him and his thousand-yard battlefield stare. I actually hate him.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Dak had a few bad throws, but watching all offensive possessions I still think he played more than well enough to win. The gameplan that we came out with offensively was just a recipe of failure against the defense the rams were running.

It felt like to me after watching it again that we didn't know how to adjust offensively, and it really felt like the offense was losing confidence watching the defense getting lit up for over 200 yards rushing.

Having said all of that, I really can't believe that this wasn't the moment that got Garrett fired! I'm still a little put off that Jerry had the never to bring him back another year after that performance. There is no doubt in mind that Jerry did what Jerry does best and that is make an emotional decision regarding the Freckled Puppet.

Since you just watched the game again:

Zeke took a hit in the 1st quarter of that game and was never same for the rest of the game. Sort of an awkward hit from the side that truly rocked him.

Also, the coaching staff had nothing to do with our inability to tackle. There was no finesse to the Rams running game, they just bowled us over.

Every playoff game in the NFL has a winner and a loser. That just wasn't our day against the Rams.

Besides, Garrett's gone now. Living in the past is not going to get you anywhere, especially given that your complaint is now gone.

Stay healthy and well ~ LIA

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Jerry runs the Cowboys like he would run a normal company. Thinks that he can get the info from the guys he needs around him and then make decisions.

He clearly doesn't get that you need a complete football mind running the entire show.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I have always had the feeling that Sean Payton's success away from us is the catalyst for why Jerry kept JG so long. He didn't want to miss out again on a SB winning coach by letting him get away before he peaked.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
tenor.gif

birdwells1

Reaction score
Garrett came in as an interim head coach in 2010. Jerry should have been looking for a head coach for 2011. If not then he should have been fired after 3 straight 8-8 seasons.

To make matters worse, he never even interviewed any other candidates.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Since you just watched the game again:

Zeke took a hit in the 1st quarter of that game and was never same for the rest of the game. Sort of an awkward hit from the side that truly rocked him.

Also, the coaching staff had nothing to do with our inability to tackle. There was no finesse to the Rams running game, they just bowled us over.

Every playoff game in the NFL has a winner and a loser. That just wasn't our day against the Rams.

Besides, Garrett's gone now. Living in the past is not going to get you anywhere, especially given that your complaint is now gone.

Stay healthy and well ~ LIA

People keep overlooking the fact that the Rams oline admitted to knowing where the dline was stunting to due to "tells" that the Rams coaching staff picked up during film study. There's no way that the Cowboys shutdown the best rushing team in the NFL (Seattle) the week before and after seeing that the Rams thought to themselves "I know how we can beat the, it's the running game" unless they knew something. They had "tells" and used them and that my friends fall solely on the COACHING STAFF.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I have always had the feeling that Sean Payton's success away from us is the catalyst for why Jerry kept JG so long. He didn't want to miss out again on a SB winning coach by letting him get away before he peaked.

I agree, he goes and get people that fit the bill, lose Charles Haley (tall slim de) draft Kavika Pittman (tall slim de) to replace him. Lose Troy Aikman (prototypical qb with blode hair) pick up Chad Hutchinson (prototypical qb with blode hair). Lose Novachek draft Bjornson. Lose out on Payton (young offensive genius) hire Garrett (supposed offensive genius).

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Linehan was made the scapegoat....even though the defense got steamrolled for 300 yards rushing. We should have canned the defensive staff after that.