Garrett should of been fired after Rams vs Cowboys Divisional Round

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I am not crying either. Yeah that's me wondering how some intelligent posters in here can be so emotionally stupid. But if Garrett bashing is going to be one of your things this entire upcoming season along with some other diehards then why not have a dedicated area for that. A bashing zone off the fan zone for former Cowboys coaches and players.
You don’t like the thread, don’t read it.

If you have something more entertaining post.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So many days. I forgot about that game. Just allowing ATL to tee off on the QB all game. My gosh that was a disgrace. Good post!
That Atlanta fiasco should have gotten Garrett fired immediately after the game!!!!!!!!!!

Worst non coaching EVER in that game. It took Dak the rest of the season to get over the trauma of being hit, or sacked, on every drop back.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yep should have been, or if not him the defensive staff should have been cleared out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t like the thread, don’t read it.

If you have something more entertaining post.

Exactly. The fragile will whine and cry about threads that contain the inconvenient truths and things that the Cowboys did wrong, in a sad attempt at controlling the narrative and the conversation. They only succeed in exposing themselves when they do.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dude.

You literally figured out in your 1st sentence why this threat is unnecessary. Why pollute the board with it?

Hey man, look, I hadn't gone back to watch the game and did. The reason I started the thread is because I was angry thinking back to us fans having to put up with stroking Jerry's ego in regards to Garrett. Looking back, I don't think I properly realized why I was so upset. My post was actually more of a "Letting Go Of Past Demons" thread, I'm actually thrilled.. Sometimes I think it helps to remember the past so we can appreciate the future or the here and now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep should have been, or if not him the defensive staff should have been cleared out.

Yet somehow, when these assistants screwed up, the team actually doubled down and gave them even MORE role to hang themselves.

Take Linehan, he should have been fired after the struggles of the 2017 season. What does the team do instead? They give him even more power, influence and stroke. And he proceeds to get Dez cut, get rid of several assistant coaches, and take the team into 2018 with no receivers and offense.

Marinelli? After overruling scouts in 2017 to draft Taco over TJ Watt, he and his antiquated schemes and tells are directly responsible for this Rams playoff loss. What does the team do? Give him even more of a say and draft Trysten Hill based on his recommendations. And we're left with no 2017 1st round pick, a defensive line in shambles, and a bust in the making in Hill.

Bizarre.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey man, look, I hadn't gone back to watch the game and did. The reason I started the thread is because I was angry thinking back to us fans having to put up with stroking Jerry's ego in regards to Garrett. Looking back, I don't think I properly realized why I was so upset. My post was actually more of a "Letting Go Of Past Demons" thread, I'm actually thrilled.. Sometimes I think it helps to remember the past so we can appreciate the future or the here and now.

You're mature enough to handle it.
:thumbup:

johneric8

Reaction score
Garrett should have been fired after the offensive collapse of 2007.
And there's no excuse for him not being fired after 2008.
He should have been fired after opening night in Washington in 2010.
He should have been fired after the Green Bay Massacre in 2010.
He should've been fired after three consecutive 8-8 seasons in the NFC East in which one more win would've clinched the division.
He should've been fired after letting Romo throw 4 interceptions and letting Detroit come back and win after being down 24-0.
He should've been fired after icing his own kicker.
He should have.....
Well, we all saw....

I agree, but after that Ram's loss at least for me, that was the straw that broke the camels back. Jerry had to do everything in his power in 2019 to put on his best salesman hat with all the talk about this being the best team since the 90's to keep some of us interested.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I've said numerous times already. If people can't handle the discussion, they can easily avoid the thread.

I know that some have a hard time discussing bad Cowboys news.
I’m participating in the discussion by expressing my view. If a person doesn’t want people to react, they shouldn’t express their view in a public forum.

johneric8

Reaction score
If the truth hurts you, you could always simply avoid the Garrett posts. His name is literally the first thing in the thread title.
Thanks Stash! Hey, when I read a post of some else's opinion, I'm always reminded that this is a forum and meant to discuss opinions. Honestly, I so excited to watch the cowboys transformation over the next few years for better or for worse, but as I said before, the Garrett era was a cruel joke. Even making Wade the head coach was tough to stomach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know the forum has discussed this at to a fault but I have to say that after watching every play of that game again a bit ago I came away thinking that our defense was absolutely embarrassing.

Dak had a few bad throws, but watching all offensive possessions I still think he played more than well enough to win. The gameplan that we came out with offensively was just a recipe of failure against the defense the rams were running.

It felt like to me after watching it again that we didn't know how to adjust offensively, and it really felt like the offense was losing confidence watching the defense getting lit up for over 200 yards rushing.

Having said all of that, I really can't believe that this wasn't the moment that got Garrett fired! I'm still a little put off that Jerry had the never to bring him back another year after that performance. There is no doubt in mind that Jerry did what Jerry does best and that is make an emotional decision regarding the Freckled Puppet.
why the *** are we still on this narrative..hes efn gone bro.let it rest, been discussed to death and hes finally gone..MOVE ON!!

Ill tell you why he wasn't when you have team start 3-5 and doesnt quit and comes all the way back to 10-6 , wins division, wins a playoff game and on the road ageist a SB team to be lost by 8points.. Not many coaches get fired after that.. the AC deal and the playoff run saved garett another season//its not unexplainable and we cant go back..it was a loss none the less bit no one thought we would make the playoffs , thought we would have a top 5 pick after the 3-5 start, didnt happen , thats why..no should of wood of if and butts bs around here..Hindsight makes things easy.. In fact we were SB favorites at 3-0 going into last year and it looked like the right decision..now it doesnt..we dont have magic time machines to go back and makes changes after the fact..

time to move on from Garett, Marinelli and all the NARRATIVES THAT CAME FROM THE OLD STAFF AND SCHEMES..

johneric8

Reaction score
I am not crying either. Yeah that's me wondering how some intelligent posters in here can be so emotionally stupid. But if Garrett bashing is going to be one of your things this entire upcoming season along with some other diehards then why not have a dedicated area for that. A bashing zone off the fan zone for former Cowboys coaches and players.

I appreciate being called intelligent, but I would like to say that it wasn't my plan to start a thread like that, but after watching that game again and seeing how we got beat in so many phases reminded me of how uncanny it was that we were having to still deal with Garrett in 2019. Like I said before, I'm honestly excited for the future and intrigued at all the new moving parts, but I can't help to still have a bone to pick with Jerry.

johneric8

Reaction score
I’m participating in the discussion by expressing my view. If a person doesn’t want people to react, they shouldn’t express their view in a public forum.

I don't mind at all you expressing your dislike for me bringing up the past, even though each and every one of us does it all the time.. When I look at the amount of likes my post got, I have to say it's way more than usual so it must have been something since more than a few enjoyed the content. :flagwave:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
On paper a guy like Garrett looks like a good hire: former QB, spent several years in the NFL, Ivy Leaguer, played under good coaches. But it shouldn't have taken over a decade to realize he didn't have it.

Jerry "football guy" Jones wanted to be right. He gave JG so long as much for his own ego as for any love of JG.
this is so true they wasted a lot of players in dalllas with Jason garrett as the head coach garrett should of been fired after the 2015 season they should of cleaned house from top to bottom after 2015

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

By posting crap like this in an attempt to control the narrative of what people should talk about and when?

Iol, if anyone has forgotten Garrett a mere 2 months after his contract expired they probably aren’t bright enough to keep themselves from repeating mistakes anyway.

Besides that ...

The time to remember is when faced with the same situation. There isn’t a situation to apply the lesson to at the moment.

Remembering doesn’t require repeating an old mantra every day or not allowing oneself to move past one chapter and into the next. I don’t have to write a post every day to remind myself how stupid it was the time I drank too much and drive into a divided road sign, nor do I have to put a damper on taking a trip by dwelling on that old incident.

None of us on this website created the history with Garrett, therefore we aren’t in a position to repeat that history anyway.. It’s Jerry that has to remember and learn.

tenor.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Stash! Hey, when I read a post of some else's opinion, I'm always reminded that this is a forum and meant to discuss opinions. Honestly, I so excited to watch the cowboys transformation over the next few years for better or for worse, but as I said before, the Garrett era was a cruel joke. Even making Wade the head coach was tough to stomach.

Say it as many times as you feel the need. I'm glad that it ruffles the feathers of the sensitives. It shows a person's true colors whent they can't deal with adversity, or even talking about it.

:laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind at all you expressing your dislike for me bringing up the past, even though each and every one of us does it all the time.. When I look at the amount of likes my post got, I have to say it's way more than usual so it must have been something since more than a few enjoyed the content. :flagwave:

And continue to do so. The more the sensitives try to shout it down, the more attention I'll give to it. They don't like it because they were in fact the people making the excuses for Garrett at every turn. The truth hurts.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That Atlanta fiasco should have gotten Garrett fired immediately after the game!!!!!!!!!!

Worst non coaching EVER in that game. It took Dak the rest of the season to get over the trauma of being hit, or sacked, on every drop back.

Inexcusable. So right no way he should have survived that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminiscing is understandable, even if it’s focused on things that went wrong. But time has to pass for it to be reminiscing. In my mind, this isn’t looking back at something, it’s clinging to something. We all wanted Garrett gone, and to move ahead with a new coach, but this thread isn’t one iota different than if Garrett were retained as the coach. This is creating exactly the same thread and discussion as if Garrett was still the coach.