Garrett should of been fired after Rams vs Cowboys Divisional Round

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, you're the guy "crying":

"Leave Jason alone!"

tenor.gif

I hope you like the look.

It's not your place to judge. Nobody hired you to be their analyst and tell them "what's best" or what has "no purpose".

They're not here in this thread.
Lol, yeah, silly name calling and videos - THAT’S the maturity level you are claiming makes you better able to have a discussion than I am. That actually made me laugh that you don’t understand how you contradicted yourself.

again, you are the pot calling the kettle black. You are very consistent about telling other people not to do what you do yourself. You spjust bury your head in the sand when you do it.

now, read above. The poster above responded to me in a reasonable manner. He got a reasonable response. You weren’t interested in that. Silly insults and false commentary was your style.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, yeah, silly name calling and videos - THAT’S the maturity level you are claiming makes you better able to have a discussion than I am. That actually made me laugh that you don’t understand how you contradicted yourself.

again, you are the pot calling the kettle black. You are very consistent about telling other people not to do what you do yourself. You spjust bury your head in the sand when you do it.

now, read above. The poster above responded to me in a reasonable manner. He got a reasonable response. You weren’t interested in that. Silly insults and false commentary was your style.

I see, accusing other people of "crying" while doing that yourself is "mature" in your book. How many times have you used that word to try to accuse others of exactly what you yourself have done since you entered this thread?

But getting it pointed out to you with a visual aid is 'different'?

You're getting it handed back to you and you don't like it. That's too bad.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see, accusing other people of "crying" while doing that yourself is "mature" in your book. How many times have you used that word to try to accuse others of exactly what you yourself have done since you entered this thread?

But getting it pointed out to you with a visual aid is 'different'?

You're getting it handed back to you and you don't like it. That's too bad.
Crying was your word. You started that path, although admittedly I followed suit. And you were the one talking about immaturity, so it’s a little odd you don’t think you should have to show it for it to apply to you.

Again, look at the post the OP made to me, and my response. Those are examples of maturity. Continuing to act as you are now is not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crying was your word. You started that path, although admittedly I followed suit. And you were the one talking about immaturity, so it’s a little odd you don’t think you should have to show it for it to apply to you.

Again, look at the post the OP made to me, and my response. Those are examples of maturity. Continuing to act as you are now is not.

You think it's showing "maturity" trying to tell someone else what they should be positing about?!?!?!?

Seriously?
:huh:

If so, you continue to delude yourself.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think it's showing "maturity" trying to tell someone else what they should be positing about?!?!?!?

Seriously?
:huh:

If so, you continue to delude yourself.
I think the OP not getting caught up in this and offering an explanation, and me being open to it and apologizing for misunderstanding, shows maturity. You wanting to cling to name calling and doing exactly the same thing you are accusing me of shows the opposite. The OP was the bigger man, I acknowledged that and let it go. If you are committed to ongoing immaturity on this, don’t pin it on me. That’s on you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the OP not getting caught up in this and offering an explanation, and me being open to it and apologizing for misunderstanding, shows maturity. You wanting to cling to name calling and doing exactly the same thing you are accusing me of shows the opposite. The OP was the bigger man, I acknowledged that and let it go. If you are committed to ongoing immaturity on this, don’t pin it on me. That’s on you.

If anything, it's on both of us. We both participated. And I'd love to "let it go", permanently. I take no pride in getting into arguments with people trying to tell other people what they should and shouldn't post. But it still happens. Repeatedly.

But I'd very much like to end our debate in this thread.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anything, it's on both of us. We both participated. And I'd love to "let it go", permanently. I take no pride in getting into arguments with people trying to tell other people what they should and shouldn't post. But it still happens. Repeatedly.

But I'd very much like to end our debate in this thread.
I agree it’s on both of us, which is why I said the OP was the bigger man. Yet, here you are still putting it on me even though you are just as guilty of telling me what I should post. If you want to have the last word, feel free, but, again, the OP was a bigger man than both of us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree it’s on both of us, which is why I said the OP was the bigger man. Yet, here you are still putting it on me even though you are just as guilty of telling me what I should post. If you want to have the last word, feel free, but, again, the OP was a bigger man than both of us.

No, I'm agreeing that we're both at fault here.

johneric8

Reaction score

It's alright guys, stash was right to stick up for me in the first place because if you read my post I explained the purpose behind it. I was venting after re watching a divisional playoff game where we were embarrassed. I think OmerV most likely just took my intentions the wrong way which is easy to do on a forum. It's all forgotten and I'm still happy that I posted my emotions on it all because I feel it touched a cord with many forum goers.. We have moved on from Garrett and that is a beautiful thing, but always remember the past is always going to be something that we're all going to look back on, but that doesn't mean we haven't moved on or grown because of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's alright guys, stash was right to stick up for me in the first place because if you read my post I explained the purpose behind it. I was venting after re watching a divisional playoff game where we were embarrassed. I think OmerV most likely just took my intentions the wrong way which is easy to do on a forum. It's all forgotten and I'm still happy that I posted my emotions on it all because I feel it touched a cord with many forum goers.. We have moved on from Garrett and that is a beautiful thing, but always remember the past is always going to be something that we're all going to look back on, but that doesn't mean we haven't moved on or grown because of it.

:clap:
(NOT a Garrett clap either!)

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
LOL, honestly though, my intentions were more bent on just having a fun discussion if anyone else wanted to rejoice in the fact that Garrett was gone they could. The thought of ruffling anyone's feathers never even crossed my mind.

Lets be honest, there is nothing wrong for us to still be in a celebratory mood when it comes to Jerry finally coming to his senses! After all, many on this forum said it would never happen so what has transpired over the last few months is a Cowboys miracle!
Amen, to that! Getting rid of Jerry’s stepson was a minor miracle. Maybe major!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My bad. I jumped to a conclusion. That’s something I often call others out on, but I was guilty of it myself in this case.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I know the forum has discussed this at to a fault but I have to say that after watching every play of that game again a bit ago I came away thinking that our defense was absolutely embarrassing.

Dak had a few bad throws, but watching all offensive possessions I still think he played more than well enough to win. The gameplan that we came out with offensively was just a recipe of failure against the defense the rams were running.

It felt like to me after watching it again that we didn't know how to adjust offensively, and it really felt like the offense was losing confidence watching the defense getting lit up for over 200 yards rushing.

Having said all of that, I really can't believe that this wasn't the moment that got Garrett fired! I'm still a little put off that Jerry had the never to bring him back another year after that performance. There is no doubt in mind that Jerry did what Jerry does best and that is make an emotional decision regarding the Freckled Puppet.
Let it go.
Garrett let go of you a long time ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett never should’ve been hired period.
Not with as little experience as he had, but I’m sure at the time I wasn’t the only one that let it slide because I liked the idea of a former Cowboy player being at the helm. Obviously he wasn’t what Jerry banked on.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I don't know when he should have been fired, but I will say that I never went into a tough game saying, 'thank god we have Jason Garrett'.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Reminiscing is understandable, even if it’s focused on things that went wrong. But time has to pass for it to be reminiscing. In my mind, this isn’t looking back at something, it’s clinging to something. We all wanted Garrett gone, and to move ahead with a new coach, but this thread isn’t one iota different than if Garrett were retained as the coach. This is creating exactly the same thread and discussion as if Garrett was still the coach.

Exactly.