Garrett speaking at Princeton Univ

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve had 3 coaches in Jerry era who can coexist building a better team in the most dysfunctional situation in NFL. Jimmy, Bill and Jason.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Please, Jason, show every prince how to get to the playoffs !

Let us all know how making the playoffs thrice in 9 years is 'a process' .

LMAO ... success !

Exactly. What a load of crap. Guy is a terrible head coach. Front office? Give me a break. McClay is the guy that has turned that around. What makes anyone think Garrett is a personnel guy? He certainly doesn’t seem to put players in the best position to excel on the field. 100 percent fraud. Jerry gift wrapped this guy a coaching career.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
-------Man dont get me started, LOL! Cannon, Barnerby Jones ( Jed Clappet from Bev. Hillbillies), Kojak, Harry O, got one for you it wasn't on long Toma without the parrot. It was similar to Berreta with the Little Rascal guy. My wife always tells me, you cant let the 70's go can you.

Who could forget about Police Woman (Angie Dickinson) and this hot mama.....

LLLOOOLLL

ondaedg

Reaction score
Well he’s still probably a top 10-12 coach in the league so good luck finding a replacement.

Only ones definitely better:
Belicheck
Reid
McVay
Nagy
Pederson
Carroll

Everyone else has huge flaws.

Must be some pretty huge flaws. Blind and no hands to clap with?

Mannix

Reaction score
-------LOl - My first star crush was Rachel Welsh in the fur bikini from 1Million years BC - I was 6 years old and she made me feel some type of way...

How does this 70's star make you feel? This is hands down the best TV clip to come out of the entire decade...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He deserves to be paid that way only because that’s the current status of the market for a QB at his level who is negotiating a contract this year. Fans have to quit thinking the pay is a position ranking, which would only be possible to attempt if every QB in the NFL were negotiating a new contract at the same time under the same market conditions.
This has what to do with my post?

movaughn88

Reaction score
I've been drunk with him at reunions (I was more drunk, but he does get after it a bit) and I've been to this man's house. I love the guy and you would all melt if you had a beer with him.

That said, if he doesn't get it done this year, he should be done. This is his chance, this is a results business.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has what to do with my post?
You may want to read what your post again - you talked about people thinking he needs to be paid like one of the top players in the league, and that’s not an accurate portrayal. They are saying he needs to be paid in accordance with current market conditions. Nobody is saying he is a better player than Brady or Brees or Rodgers, for example. It’s about market conditions, not player ranking.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You may want to read what your post again - you talked about people thinking he needs to be paid like one of the top players in the league, and that’s not an accurate portrayal. They are saying he needs to be paid in accordance with current market conditions. Nobody is saying he is a better player than Brady or Brees or Rodgers, for example. It’s about market conditions, not player ranking.
Not every qb who signed a deal this offseason will break 30MM a year. Not even all qbs who were signed to start.

Why isn't Dak getting a Nick Foles deal? He's signing in this same qb market. And Nick was also signed to be a starter on a superbowl contender hopeful.

The reason he's going to get 50MM+ more is because he's viewed/going to be paid as a top player.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not every qb who signed a deal this offseason will break 30MM a year. Not even all qbs who were signed to start.

Why isn't Dak getting a Nick Foles deal? He's signing in this same qb market. And Nick was also signed to be a starter on a superbowl contender hopeful.

The reason he's going to get 50MM+ more is because he's viewed/going to be paid as a top player.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
Of course not every QB signed the same deal. It would be ridiculous to suggest that the market is the same for everyone who plays the same position.

As for Foles - - - and as for facts - - - Foles has started 9 regular season games the last 3 years, and Dak has started 48.

In fact, Dak has both started more games and won more games in his 3 year career than Foles has started or won in his 7 year career. Dak also has less than 300 fewer yards in 3 years than Foles has in 7, and only one less TD. And a higher QB ranking. And he is 5 years younger.

Not exactly apples to apples.

Techsass

Reaction score
I like how around these parts we praise Dak's 3 year run as QB and think he deserves to be among the top paid players in the league. A key thing people point to is the success "he" has had in the wins-loss column (a reminder this is stupid as wins are not an individual statistic).

Well, if that's your argument then you have to also apply those wins to the coaching staff right?
Except that the last couple of years have emphasized the perceived need for a change in coaches.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course not every QB signed the same deal. It would be ridiculous to suggest that the market is the same for everyone who plays the same position.

As for Foles - - - and as for facts - - - Foles has started 9 regular season games the last 3 years, and Dak has started 48.

In fact, Dak has both started more games and won more games in his 3 year career than Foles has started or won in his 7 year career. Dak also has less than 300 fewer yards in 3 years than Foles has in 7, and only one less TD. And a higher QB ranking. And he is 5 years younger.

Not exactly apples to apples.
True but which QB would bring more interest in FA and probably bring a larger contract?

Surely we can agree Foles is a more prolific passer?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but which QB would bring more interest in FA and probably bring a larger contract?

Surely we can agree Foles is a more prolific passer?
I think Dak would easily bring more in free agency - younger, has won more, and while he could be more consistent, his career path is a model of consistency compared to Foles. People get caught up in the great playoff/SB run Foles had in 2017, and it was great, but that was the exception, not the rule.