Garrett supporters pointed out Garrett's stats too

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Keep celebrating your 8-8 quarterback who chokes under pressure.
Garrett had good stats, too.
But the Cowboys suffered.

So it was Dak? how about the rest of the team they were 8-8 as well. I can find a lot of faults with a lot of player. You start off by claiming Garrett not running the ball in the redzone and that is Dak fault how? I'm one who has never claimed Dak as elite but in terms of wins and loses by this team I can find mistakes made by many players. McCarthy has his opportunity to take what many who cover the NFL claims to be a very talented team and get them over the hump.

leeblair

Reaction score
So it was Dak? how about the rest of the team they were 8-8 as well. I can find a lot of faults with a lot of player. You start off by claiming Garrett not running the ball in the redzone and that is Dak fault how? I'm one who has never claimed Dak as elite but in terms of wins and loses by this team I can find mistakes made by many players. McCarthy has his opportunity to take what many who cover the NFL claims to be a very talented team and get them over the hump.
The reason Dak carrys the lion's share of the blame is the way he failed to keep drives moving when the games were still in contention, and the poor play he showed overall.
He is, after all, the guy who wants to be paid a fortune because he is supposedly "special".
But there was nothing special about n those games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The reason Dak carrys the lion's share of the blame is the way he failed to keep drives moving when the games were still in contention, and the poor play he showed overall.
He is, after all, the guy who wants to be paid a fortune because he is supposedly "special".
But there was nothing special about n those games.

Yet you claim at the start it was play calling? yes he wants to be paid as a FA just as all starting QB do and while many figures have been thrown out there many have also been debunked as false reports on how much the contract he is looking for.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
During the 13 miserable years that we were forced to endure the incompetence of Jason Garrett, his supporters repeatedly pointed out the stats of the offense. Garrett's offenses would rack up big yards on passing plays, but because he ignored the run game, drives repeatedly stalled in the red zone when the field shortened and receivers couldn't get open.
We heard how much the players loved Garrett, and how they never quit on him. We heard time and time again how the players believed in him.
Yet every year ended in disappointment, and he wasted years of the fans lives and the careers of many stars. 8-8 was Garrett's record more often than not, yet we heard that we were trolls for demanding that he be fired.
We were even told that we should be happy with an 8-8 record.
Sound familiar?
The danger of this mentality continuing is real. Garrett 2.0 is in the house.

So Mike McCarthy who won a superbowl, went to the playoffs 9 times and was 2 plays away from playing in 2 more superbowls is Garrett 2.0 and his 4 winning seasons in a decade? Outside of Belicheck and maybe Carrol, there's no current coach with a better resume. To compare him to Garrett is like comparing Troy Hambrick to Emmitt because they were both Cowboys running backs...

leeblair

Reaction score
So Mike McCarthy who won a superbowl, went to the playoffs 9 times and was 2 plays away from playing in 2 more superbowls is Garrett 2.0 and his 4 winning seasons in a decade? Outside of Belicheck and maybe Carrol, there's no current coach with a better resume. To compare him to Garrett is like comparing Troy Hambrick to Emmitt because they were both Cowboys running backs...
This isn't about McCarthy. I like McCarthy.
It's about Dak, and how his fan club tells the rest of us we don't know what we are talking about and use stats to bolster their claims.
Stats don't tell the story. The actual games do.

leeblair

Reaction score
Yet you claim at the start it was play calling? yes he wants to be paid as a FA just as all starting QB do and while many figures have been thrown out there many have also been debunked as false reports on how much the contract he is looking for.
If Dak was special, the Cowboys would have won at least 10 games in 2019 and went deep in the playoffs.
But he showed he is not special, and doesn't deserve the big payday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dak was special, the Cowboys would have won at least 10 games in 2019 and went deep in the playoffs.
But he showed he is not special, and doesn't deserve the big payday.

Good thing you are not his agent. lol Dak is just as special as Goff and Wentz. Personally I think all these QB are paid too much, I also know based on recent history that Dak potential big contract within 2 years will be no more than middle of the road.

JMech

Reaction score

So there was a difference betwwen Hambrick and Emmitt?