Twitter: Garrett trying to convince Witten to stay

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I

If he's done, then so are most tight ends in football. He's more productive than half the tight ends still.
Yea but your forgetting Witten is part of the losing culture we had with Romo and Ware. Lol
(Sarcasm)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. I don’t see him bumping the #1 analysts which right there says the networks are a bigger gig than ESPN.

I’m not sure if the #2 on the networks isn’t bigger than MNF?

If you’re being offered 4M to 4.5M that’s a pretty big gig. Doubt being number 2 on a Network is going to pay that much. You don’t watch MNF so you see any Network job as being a better gig.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did Bell give up 8 sacks in a game?

Bottom line is that these coaches you are so enamored with put a player in a live game at LT that was woefully unprepared or qualified to play the position. Furthermore, the beating the franchise QB took as a result of their incompetence affected him the rest of the season because he was never quite the same after that game.

Maybe that is why they fired OL coach.
Maybe so .

Me enamored. Lol
Your confusing my support of Garrett with endorsing his coaching expertise .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you’re being offered 4M to 4.5M that’s a pretty big gig. Doubt being number 2 on a Network is going to pay that much. You don’t watch MNF so you see any Network job as being a better gig.
Everyone’s aborting ESPN. You tell me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have such an embarrassing fan base.
Like I’ve always said I’d like to think these forums are not usually a good reflection of our fan base. We can’t even be sure they’re all Cowboy fans.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
he should be furious that that goof mortensen leaked that info via tweet. i really really hate ESPN and dont want any of my favorite cowboys near that dumpster fire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with whether I like it or not. It’s viewership is falling miserably.

That should make Witten’s decision a lot easier to pass up the money they’re offering him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That should make Witten’s decision a lot easier to pass up the money they’re offering him.
Personally I couldn’t care less what he does after football . I’m only interested in what helps our team this year and I think he can still help us.

dfense

Reaction score
Witt should retire so we don't have to listen to all the awesome fans tear him to shreds all next season. I mean, ya know, like they do here.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
he should be furious that that goof mortensen leaked that info via tweet. i really really hate ESPN and dont want any of my favorite cowboys near that dumpster fire.

:hammer: :espn: :thumbdown:

They're trying to get back all the Cowboy fans that have abandoned that network, such as myself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Personally I couldn’t care less what he does after football . I’m only interested in what helps our team this year and I think he can still help us.

Appears MNF is going back to a three-man booth ar least that’s what being reported.

Cmac

Reaction score
......maybe Witten should convince JG to go too.

John813

Reaction score
Sources have said Witten is contemplating becoming an analyst for ESPN's Monday Night Football, while another network has made an "interesting" offer that could allow him to play one more year. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday a decision could be made by Tuesday.
Witten had been preparing for his 16th season when the calls came to audition for multiple networks.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...jason-wittens-retirement-its-a-tough-decision

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Witten, stop with the drama already and take the gig. He interviewed for the job, so he obviously wanted it and now he wants to drag his feet about taking it? This smells like Jerry trying to stretch this out for a few more news cycles for the publicity or Witten getting a bidding war started with the "other" network. There ain't no drama like Cowboys Drama and the Cowboys do love their drama. :rolleyes: