Twitter: Garrett trying to convince Witten to stay

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Witten, stop with the drama already and take the gig. He interviewed for the job, so he obviously wanted it and now he wants to drag his feet about taking it? This smells like Jerry trying to stretch this out for a few more news cycles for the publicity or Witten getting a bidding war started with the "other" network. There ain't no drama like Cowboys Drama and the Cowboys do love their drama. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it’s just a huge decision that needs to be contemplated before a choice is made? When you do something you love your entire life I’d think it’d be a tough choice when it came time to decide whether to quit or keep at it a bit longer.

What does it matter to you anyway?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Or maybe it’s just a huge decision that needs to be contemplated before a choice is made? When you do something you love your entire life I’d think it’d be a tough choice when it came time to decide whether to quit or keep at it a bit longer.

What does it matter to you anyway?

It is a tough choice and a choice he probably made once he decided to interview for the job in the first place. I don't know Witten, but he doesn't seem the type to do the interview just out of curiosity without knowing what he would do if offered the job. It seems safe to say, he had thought about it and discussed with his family if the offer was made. He has always been a low drama person and again seems safe to say, he has already thought about the implications.

It matters to me because I'm a fan of the team. Why do any of the topics discussed on this forum matter to anyone here...... because they're fans of the team. That's just a foolish question.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The ratings were low enough they took it off of Network TV. Cable ratings don’t have to be as high to continue airing.

My bigger point is MNF doesn’t carry the prestige it once had. If Witten was being offered Sunday Night Football I might agree.

One other point I want to make is a big reason their ratings have been down is Sunday night is getting all the best games. Sunday night football has really hurt Monday Night Football. Plus Sunday night football is able to flex games. Thursday night football hasn’t helped Monday nights ratings either.