Twitter: Garrett trying to convince Witten to stay

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve been around these players most of my life. They never want to quit .

You either have to cut them or carry them off on a stretcher.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Romo is to a 2016 4th round pick as Witten is to a 2018 4th round pick?

Yes?

Because, if not, I don't get the enthusiasm for pushing the guy toward his gold watch moment.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would we want to keep the all around best tight end on this roster. Best hands on the team, best blocking TE, most reliable.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It actually can’t wait.

These guys keep these jobs forever.

Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser didn’t, though I’m Sure the job won’t be around next year and Witten might not be offered it when it is available again.

CWR

Reaction score
One of the absolute best things Witten does for this team is lead. He is at a point in his career where his leadership will be harder to replace than his play on the field.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Romo is to a 2016 4th round pick as Witten is to a 2018 4th round pick?

Yes?

Because, if not, I don't get the enthusiasm for pushing the guy toward his gold watch moment.

On the money.

What is everyone thinking?

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Something like, "play one more and teach me like Romo usedto so I can keep my job. I'll even let you call plays in the huddle like Romo did."

TOTAL desperation move....let him go Clapping Carrot, you've screwed up enough things. Let Schultz get one year under his belt for the new HC in 2019 after you fail again.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like Moose said.. those jobs only become available every 15 years. Take the job Witten.

There will be a job for Witten after football in a booth or a studio.

There was a time when this team seemed to struggle to get into the Hall of Fame, yet every Steeler, including the water boy were first ballot choices.

This team will be dominating the color men soon enough. If Sean Lee doesn't go into coaching, then he will also be in a booth.

One more year, Jason. And teach Schultz the phrase, "I catch everything."

ShortRound

Reaction score

Mannix

Reaction score
------young TE to mentor

Young TE to mentor ONLY in practice.....no thanks!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope he stays. I have zero interest in him as a commentator, and he’s the best TE on our roster.

I don’t know what crack y’all are smoking, but it helps the team and the booth will always be there.
Bench them all!!!!!! Id like to see him come back. Jerry should offer him a FO position to stay.