Twitter: Garrett trying to convince Witten to stay

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
1ef20a5a23a43d99b33dbb775be8bf3a.jpg

Mr_437

Reaction score
Romo already told Witten how sweet a deal broadcasting is, no way Witten comes back, right?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I understand a bad coach wanting a player he doesn't have to coach. But having to talk a player into staying no matter how good he's been is not the right play call.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
When you have given your body over to the full contact and rigor of the NFL for 15 years, a man has a right to say, “that’s it.”

It’s his body, his life and his family. I love #82 and I hope he rides off into the sunset straight into the booth. He’s headed to Canton someday. Got nothing to prove and owes nothing.
Couldn't have said it any better Bob.Thanks for the memories #82!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Witten, take it and run, this team isnt doing anything this season anyway. Let Garrett grow up and be a big boy.

People need to stop bailing him out.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why? No offense to Witten, but he's done. No way he comes back. Besides, the other TEs deserve an opportunity. Let's move on.

Maybe because he's still by far the best starting option we have at tight end.

I have no problem moving on from Witten, but I'm certainly not inspired by late-round picks and UDFAs. I hope for the best as always, but the reality is that what we have could be a major step down from even old man Witten.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten witnessed how hard Garrett wanted Romo to stick around. All joking aside, it is better going out on your own terms than allowing Jones and Garrett to make the decision at some point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Since when do we have more concern about a players personal post football career prospects than what’s best for the Cowboys season?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Witten witnessed how hard Garrett wanted Romo to stick around. All joking aside, it is better going out on your own terms than allowing Jones and Garrett to make the decision at some point.
I’m trying to recall the last time a player retired on his own accord without the threat of being released , traded or an injury?

There’s no shame in Teams ending a players career before they’re ready. These players rarely are ready to walk away from their greatest passion since they were kids. They’ve been trained to be invincible until no one wants them anymore ,not given the opportunity to play or pay them what they’re worth.

Verdict

Reaction score
Hope he stays. I have zero interest in him as a commentator, and he’s the best TE on our roster.

I don’t know what crack y’all are smoking, but it helps the team and the booth will always be there.

Man you guys are remembering the old Witten from five years ago. His time has passed. I know it's hard to accept but he is done as an effective player.

Verdict

Reaction score
Maybe because he's still by far the best starting option we have at tight end.

I have no problem moving on from Witten, but I'm certainly not inspired by late-round picks and UDFAs. I hope for the best as always, but the reality is that what we have could be a major step down from even old man Witten.

Old man Witten is a HUGE liability in the running game.