Twitter: Garrett trying to convince Witten to stay

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man you guys are remembering the old Witten from five years ago. His time has passed. I know it's hard to accept but he is done as an effective player.

That’s just not true. I know you believe it, but it’s wrong. He’s not the player he was, but he’s still the best TE on our roster.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Okay Garrett, sign me a life long contract of 7 mil a year, says Witten.

Gator88

Reaction score
And coaches but Romo dez Witten is a good start
The culture is set by the Jones and then the coaches put a small amount of flavor to it. The players have no real effect on it. The only thing that moving on from Romo, Dez, and Witten has done is make the team worse.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Old man Witten is a HUGE liability in the running game.

There's a good possibility that you'll see what a HUGE liability is if he chooses to retire.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's getting embarrassing. Let the guy go already. If he's thinking this much about retiring, he should.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When you have given your body over to the full contact and rigor of the NFL for 15 years, a man has a right to say, “that’s it.”

It’s his body, his life and his family. I love #82 and I hope he rides off into the sunset straight into the booth. He’s headed to Canton someday. Got nothing to prove and owes nothing.

Rah-ray, lad!
Onto the mists of sports laurels!
Witten. Elder. Proud. Determined.
One last round on the firmament of Hermes' gridiron.
Witten, please stay!

(Blimey, the things I say!)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The culture is set by the Jones and then the coaches put a small amount of flavor to it. The players have no real effect on it. The only thing that moving on from Romo, Dez, and Witten has done is make the team worse.
Right!!

Without some of these guys talent we’d of been the Browns most of this era.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Your forgetting the one constant throughout this eras culture your referring to.

Like Ware, Romo and Dez were the reason for the losing culture . You guys are either funny or stupid. Lol

Well if jerry dies that will be the biggest culture change. But Garrett/ romo/ Witten need some new blood in here

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That's why you have position coaches. Witten should take that MNF job and make $ without taking the physical punishment.
Thats like saying you Supervisor has to be your mentor. Witten should do what he wants and if there is something that JG, JJ, SJ or his wife says that makes him chooseone decision over the other....then so be it. Personally Id love to have him around to mentor the young fellow.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well if jerry dies that will be the biggest culture change. But Garrett/ romo/ Witten need some new blood in here
Yes, and when we have the talent to replace them then it will be time to let them go.

If the backup TE’s beat Witten out then kick his butt to the curb. But until then..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That multiple offers are filtering through should be some reassurance to Witten that this isn't now or never for his broadcast career.
I think the success with Romo is paving the way for players to get in nearer the top. If I'm Witten, I wouldn't count on that continuing forever. Strike while the iron is hot.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yes, and when we have the talent to replace them then it will be time to let them go.

If the backup TE’s beat Witten out then kick his butt to the curb. But until then..
Dak wasn't better than a 10 year qb but Romo couldn't be trusted to stay on the field. Rico is already a better playmaker at TE. Dez isn't the same guy. Hurns can give us 800 yards.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak wasn't better than a 10 year qb but Romo couldn't be trusted to stay on the field. Rico is already a better playmaker at TE. Dez isn't the same guy. Hurns can give us 800 yards.
Rico hasn’t proven Jack yet. Hadn’t had one catch in a regular season game. So silly..

And Witten hasn’t missed a game due to injury in years. Dez was a money move.Next...

Verdict

Reaction score
There's a good possibility that you'll see what a HUGE liability is if he chooses to retire.

I'm not saying any of these guys is any good. They may all suck. What we also know is Witten has lived in reputation for several years. Enough padding of his stats. Time to move on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s totally absurd to boot a player unless it’s a money move or have a viable proven replacement.

This is becoming really stupid. Time for bed.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
This is going to have a whole new meaning when Garrett applies for the job next week. :)

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Rico hasn’t proven Jack yet. Hadn’t had one catch in a regular season game. So silly..

And Witten hasn’t missed a game due to injury in years. Dez was a money move.Next...
The league is about winning something we have not done. We should be trying to replace players who's production has declined. Can't get all emotionally attached