Garrett: "We really try to live in the world of our own expectations."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The expectations and bar are set too high for this dysfunctional organization.

Until Jerry is dead and buried the toxic atmosphere will doom this franchise.

nobody

Reaction score
So he says they don't meet up to their own expectations, but they make no changes ever to try to fix that.

Yep, sounds like Garrett's process alright

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Well the buck stops with him when it comes to team energy and preparation, we can all see those expectations have not been met. He does a good job of deflecting and sidestepping the issues and throwing players under the bus but that's not the type of damage control we fans are looking for after a loss.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Garrett: "I don’t think there’s ever been a game I’ve been involved in that we’ve met our expectations."

Blimey, Garrett's world of his own expectations has been an absolute nightmare! What planet is he living on? Oy! Garrett!! Tell ET hello for us.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just say, I'm not a very good coach but my guys play hard until they get paid. then they can rest, like me.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think I know what it might take for this team to live up to its expectations . . . it'll take another coach who pays attention to details and isn't afraid to demand many things that players might object to. He's weak when push comes to shove.

JG simply is a guy who engenders a propensity for failure, even though he certainlyly is in denial of it. He projects a willingness to try hard but fails to do the many things that make success attainable in the end. His idea of readiness and the truth are two different things.

The Cowboys need a tough minded coach who is totally capable of delivering the physical conditioning and mental toughness that is sorely required. The current Cowboys are devoid of what it takes to arrive at a state of readiness to compete with the better teams of the NFL. That must change.
Well said flopper

mahoneybill

Reaction score
If you have ever hunted doves with a shotgun theres a thing that can happen where a single pellet hits the bird in the head , it flies around disoriented before dying.

Garrett is that bird. Headshot and spiraling towards his demise.

cern

Reaction score
If you have ever hunted doves with a shotgun theres a thing that can happen where a single pellet hits the bird in the head , it flies around disoriented before dying.

Garrett is that bird. Headshot and spiraling towards his demise.
You can only hunt dove legally with a shotgun. A single bb to the head is some mighty fine shooting.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
You can only hunt dove legally with a shotgun. A single bb to the head is some mighty fine shooting.

Agree on the shotgun. I often tell people who ramble o. That they have been headshot.. only my fellow hunters get the joke...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I don’t know what those expectations are. Clearly, Garrett is meeting them if he’s still here after nine years.