Garrett will not be fired. Bet your house on it

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Chuck 54, Nov 14, 2019.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

23,934 Messages
    12,703 Likes Received
    One of the nationwide sports talk shows this AM, might have been Dan Patrick, said Riley has either already been contacted FWIW.

Bullflop likes this.
  2. MCMetal69

MCMetal69 Well-Known Member

2,078 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    The reason I have a house is because I'm not a betting man.........................

Bullflop, Big_D and DallasEast like this.
  3. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    6,121 Likes Received
    no where

not because I think he won't get offers but because I think he's a Cowboy through and through, part of the jones family and will be given some role in the organization by jeri that will be kept low key, kind of like how Lacewell lingered around for years

4. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    6,121 Likes Received
    jeri doesnt give a damn what fans think, actually he does and I think he's hurt deep down most fans will never give him credit for his football "acumen" so he only pays lip service to fans and will continue to do whatever he wants, regardless of what fans think about it. I think he resents most fans because so many cant stand him and he knows it; sticking with Garrett is sticking it to the fans that despise him

Even if they part ways, he'll just hamstring the next guy like he has everyone else, he'll go to his grave "doing things his way"

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,515 Messages
    4,468 Likes Received

Let this be true!!!

6. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

7,359 Messages
    7,022 Likes Received
    How does he not get fired. Losing to the Jets was the hammer hitting the nail.

7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

13,970 Messages
    5,082 Likes Received
    Big difference between “we are going in another direction, Thanks” and “you’re fired?”

john van brocklin and Bullflop like this.
  8. Chuck 54

13,970 Messages
    5,082 Likes Received
    Garrett took a 4th round rookie and had the best season in NFL history with a QB who was 3rd string in camp.

CowboysFaninHouston and Bullflop like this.
  9. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

14,905 Messages
    12,143 Likes Received
    The poster I responded to didn't say he wouldn't fire Garrett because it was harsher than letting his contract terminate, he said he wouldn't fire him because Garrett is the guy that he is comfortable with as the head coach. Besides, it's not as if Garrett isn't smart enough to understand that either way it amounts to Jerry letting him go and hiring a new head coach.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Bullflop likes this.
  10. Chuck 54

13,970 Messages
    5,082 Likes Received
    Again, read the post. It’s impossible to fire a coach who isn’t under contract. Garrett’s contract expires at the end of this season. That’s why he won’t get “fired”.

11. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

16,956 Messages
    31,047 Likes Received
    Saban is 68 years old and king of the hill at Alabama. Why in the world would he want to come work for Jerry & Son, and please don't say money. He's already made a small fortune.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  12. Chuck 54

13,970 Messages
    5,082 Likes Received
    You’ll see. Garrett will never be fired. His contract will expite and he will simply walk away. You will learn.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  13. Chuck 54

13,970 Messages
    5,082 Likes Received
    To you and me as fans, fired vs not renewed is the same thing. But ask anyone in any business who was given the option of resigning vs being fired. It’s a huge difference. Jerry will let the contract expire and Garrett simply walks away. That’s easier go for both men than a firing.

Bullflop likes this.
  14. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

5,666 Messages
    9,013 Likes Received
    I know. It is sad.

yimyammer and Bullflop like this.
  15. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

14,905 Messages
    12,143 Likes Received
    He's not only king of the hill at Alabama, he is in all of college football after having won national championships in 5 of the last 10 years, and being there knocking on the door in the other years. And he's 68 years old - why start over in the NFL at that age when he has everything going his way in his current situation?

john van brocklin and yimyammer like this.
  16. Asklesko

Asklesko Well-Known Member

2,636 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    I have bet my house on it, as well as my string of highly lucrative rental properties.

Whyjerry likes this.
  17. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

398 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Dude, if Garrett walks away it's because he is Jerry's boy and it's agreed upon. To me, this is no different than being fired in the sense that you're no longer needed.

Bullflop likes this.
  18. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,747 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Good. Let it burn

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

17,185 Messages
    40,597 Likes Received
    Garrett's.... :lmao:
    [​IMG]

BoysfaninVegas and Bullflop like this.
  20. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

3,693 Messages
    5,574 Likes Received
    Everyone knows he’s not getting fired mid season. Now if we don’t atleast make the NFC title game? I think then he’s gone

BoysfaninVegas and Bullflop like this.