Garrett will not be fired. Bet your house on it

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Will JG be canned? Nobody knows for sure. Jerry is really somewhat unpredictable, at best.

I'll not bet my house on it, nor would I bet hard-earned money he'll be retained!
We might as well flip a coin, or better yet -- just wait and see!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
This was by design.......Jerry won't have to fire Garrett, he simply won't get re-signed.

yep... idk what the hell jerry owes Garret. Guys got paid very well to be mediocre for years.

If he wants to keep him in the organization for the draft or something with player scouting I actually think Garret would be useful in that regard.

lostar2009

Reaction score
It's a shame the Cowboys wasted so many player careers. 2019 could've been great but now it's trash. But then again, look at out coaching staff. Filled with a bunch or rejects.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
You will win on a technicality. Jerry set up a situation for his own comfort, based on his feelings for Garrett, that will prevent him from firing Garrett even if the Cowboys finish 5-11.

Don’t forget that Garrett’s contract runs out at the end of the season. Jerry will never fire Jason during the season, and if he decides he has to move on, he will simply go sign another coach, deciding not to resign JG, never having to actually fire him.

Jerry is a smart man. He didn’t want to fire his boy, and he made sure he wouldn’t need to do so.

Prediction? Garrett’s success with Dak makes him the next coach of
  • Giants
  • Browns
  • Jets (3 places where he would actually be a step forward)
Or,
  • Dolphins
  • Broncos (Places that have hired former Cowboys in the past)
Final prediction — Forget the talk about college coaches. Jerry won’t want to start over with another young guy who’s never coached in the NFL or been a head coach. Plus, the first crop of hot young geniuses have done little this year, and the newest crop seem lost. Look for Jerry to try to bring in a defensive minded former head coach or defensive coordinator. Won’t surprise me if he tries to keep Moore as OC, and based on this year’s numbers, that may be an easy sell to a defensive minded coach.

I wonder ...
  • Did Nick Saban learn anything from his first NFL tenure
  • Might Saban be ready to move on from Alabama at this point
semantics. If he doesnt "resign" him, its basically a firing

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
jerry is not comfortable losing the prize year after year. while he is loathe to admit a mistake, there is no doubt he realizes it. he probably gets a lot of "I told you so" from Stephen.

You mean loath, not loathe, old fellow.
I am setting up an English-language seminar this off season. Please reserve a seat.

Praxit

Reaction score
...we better hope Patricia brings a can of whoop *** to Dallas. Red Jesus will parting the sea by halftime.
giphy.gif

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not getting fired in-season. After the season he’ll likely have the inside track and it’ll be a question of who’s available. There will be a ton of available coaches Jerry won’t even consider and it’s going to drive fans crazy. Then JG will likely sign a 2-5 year extension and that will be that.

If we miss the playoffs entirely, I think Jerry looks aggressively for a new coach. But even then I think we’d have to land probably one of his top two options for him to make a change. The organization likes Garrett for a lot of obvious reasons. And fans might hate it but it’s not changing anything.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
You will win on a technicality. Jerry set up a situation for his own comfort, based on his feelings for Garrett, that will prevent him from firing Garrett even if the Cowboys finish 5-11.

Don’t forget that Garrett’s contract runs out at the end of the season. Jerry will never fire Jason during the season, and if he decides he has to move on, he will simply go sign another coach, deciding not to resign JG, never having to actually fire him.

Jerry is a smart man. He didn’t want to fire his boy, and he made sure he wouldn’t need to do so.

• Giants
  • Browns
Or,
  • Dolphins
Final prediction — Forget the talk about college coaches. Jerry won’t want to start over with another young guy who’s never coached in the NFL or been a head coach. Plus, the first crop of hot young geniuses have done little this year, and the newest crop seem lost. Look for Jerry to try to bring in a defensive minded former head coach or defensive coordinator. Won’t surprise me if he tries to keep Moore as OC, and based on this year’s numbers, that may be an easy sell to a defensive minded coach.

I wonder ...

Saban can’t out recruit the other teams in the NFL

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nobody is getting fired. if jerry hasn't got fire yet, why is he going to fire his son?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Barring a Super Bowl run JG will be unemployed…

Jerry will ride the season of the with JG.

I doubt the next head coach is on the staff.

Jones will go outside the organization.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Garrett will not be fired during the season. Won't happen.

After the season? Sans a miraculous run, I'd bet my house on it happening. He's a lame duck coach with two playoff wins in a decade.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

• Giants
  • Browns
Or,
  • Dolphins

I wonder ...
Interesting take