Garrett's in charge?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
garrett lost a lot of credibility with the way he handled the linehan firing the press will now eat him alive

Yeah, but only in the real world, outside of Dallas, where they're allowed to and not beholden to Jerry Jones.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hmm...
Seems like many in here have argued Garrett is making key decisions including drafting as well as coaching staff. Any thoughts on that now?
let me be very very clear. any bad decisions or anything leading to a bad outcome of a decision is Garrett. All good outcomes or good decisions is either jerry, Stephen, Mcclay or somebody else. garrett gets all the bad stuff, all the good stuff goes to somebody else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Explain to me why he hasn’t been fired at this point? Because I can’t understand why he hasn’t.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Explain to me why he hasn’t been fired at this point? Because I can’t understand why he hasn’t.

Because he allows the owner to do whatever he wants, that's obvious here. Garrett will obviously do or say anything Jones wants if it means keeping the job. This should be categorized as an abusive relationship.

And most of all, Garrett allows the owner to be comfortable.

khiladi

Reaction score
Because he allows the owner to do whatever he wants, that's obvious here. Garrett will obviously do or say anything Jones wants if it means keeping the job. This should be categorized as an abusive relationship.

To be fair if I was getting paid 6 million to allow the owner to do what he wants, I’m good..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What quoted was that?

Jason on his radio show Monday morning saying he’s didn’t expect any major coaching changes then in the afternoon he didn’t remember what he said that morning when asked at his official press conference.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hmm...
Seems like many in here have argued Garrett is making key decisions including drafting as well as coaching staff. Any thoughts on that now?
According to the Cowboys, Garrett was the one who met with Linehan, and they came to the mutual decision that it was time for him to go. Not a word about JJ or SJ being involved.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason on his radio show Monday morning saying he’s didn’t expect any major coaching changes then in the afternoon he didn’t remember what he said that morning when asked at his official press conference.

That’s “Princeton intelligence” for you..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Wade Phillips fit that same model and got canned. I don’t disagree with what you are saying. I’m not implying that Garrett is running things.....but Garrett isn’t just a lap dog. A lot of these moves being made are in favor of Garrett and to help him.

And your reasoning for why they retain him also why I say he has him by the balls.....there’s not many coaches out there willing to put up with Jerry. Garrettt knows that as does Jerry.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett’s father worked himself into Jerry’s family. All three of the brothers ended up on the Cowboys to begin their careers and all of them still worked or work on some capacity. Judd Garrett is Director of Pro Scouting and he hasn’t done anything of value. John Garrett was here as TE coach and promoted as passing game coordinator in one year under his brother, but Jerry ultimately gave him a graceful leave, while firing everybody else, including guys like Skip Peete.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t consider losing Linehan to be a major coaching change especially if it’s true that Jason took back some of that responsibility at the end of the season.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Hmm...
What is he supposed to say? Linehan is a gone before he has a chance to properly dismiss him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t consider losing Linehan to be a major coaching change especially if it’s true that Jason took back some of that responsibility at the end of the season.

Yeah.. It’s a wait and see thing.

If we hired Kuibiak or Defilipo then I would expect change but if we promote Doug Nussmeir then it’s just the Cowboys doing what they did last offseason and pretending like cutting Dez and lining Cole Beasley up at the X or Z is some kind of real change.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade Phillips fit that same model and got canned.

And the wheels had to come off, to the tune of 1-7 for that to happen. And Phillips wasn't 'extended family' the way the Garrett's are.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying. I’m not implying that Garrett is running things.....but Garrett isn’t just a lap dog. A lot of these moves being made are in favor of Garrett and to help him.

I'm sure that's what they told him. Four days after he said there would be no staff changes.

And your reasoning for why they retain him also why I say he has him by the balls.....there’s not many coaches out there willing to put up with Jerry. Garrettt knows that as does Jerry.

No, there's one side pulling the strings in this deal. Never forget that. Garrett sure doesn't. The guy says "how high?"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is he supposed to say? Linehan is a gone before he has a chance to properly dismiss him?

Whatever Jerry tells him to say. This makes that obvious to anyone with a functioning set of eyes and ears.