Garrett's in charge?

blueblood70

Reaction score

no different with the deal with Kraft and Bellicheck kraft went over his head and traded JimG..Bellicheat wanted JG as Bradys successor and didnt get it,..and owners get to do this , they own billion dollar franchises and have the final say, NO MATTER WHERE...the issue is at the time that was Jasons feelings it was stil true and we dont know maybe he thought about it more had meetings and decided as group that would eb best.. the bigger issue is he should have said nothing because not enough time had past to make such a informed decsions..tell the media squat give them the old we havent made any decsions as of today..that covers both ends..Media forces teams to give quotes and then spins them..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm...
Seems like many in here have argued Garrett is making key decisions including drafting as well as coaching staff. Any thoughts on that now?

People like to think it's all one person or the other - usually that it's all Jerry, but some now believe Stephen is calling the shots, and now this about it being Garrett. The more likely thing is decisions are made by the collective, with Jerry's vote carrying more weight if there are divided views.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People like to think it's all one person or the other - usually that it's all Jerry, but some now believe Stephen is calling the shots, and now this about it being Garrett. The more likely thing is decisions are made by the collective, with Jerry's vote carrying more weight if there are divided views.

baghdad%2Bbob.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What did I say that could be construed as positive or negative? Not trashing people at every opportunity doesn't equate to being positive any more than refusing to wear rose colored glasses doesn't equate to being negative. Everything doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

Reaction score
That’s “Princeton intelligence” for you..

Education has nothing to do with intelligence, but it still was hard work to get and do what he did. He is only in his position now making 6 million a year because of his decision making throughout life.

khiladi

Reaction score
Education has nothing to do with intelligence, but it still was hard work to get and do what he did. He is only in his position now making 6 million a year because of his decision making throughout life.

No, he’s still here because of Daddy Garrett and nepotism.. both him and his brothers follows Papa around all their lives, including Columbia and Father Garrett brought them all here in the early 90s with his connections.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly when Garret said he does not anticipate "any major staff changes", it was not his call to make and nobody consulted him. Not shocking news. I'm just incredulous that Garret talks like everyone doesn't know it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did I say that could be construed as positive or negative? Not trashing people at every opportunity doesn't equate to being positive any more than refusing to wear rose colored glasses doesn't equate to being negative. Everything doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

Trying to paint this cluster ***** like anything other than what it is.

A head coach suddenly "deciding" to fire his offensive coordinator, days after claiming he wasn't making any changes. But after the ownership said that "no decisions have been made". That's not how a normally functioning organization does things. You know it and I know it. It's dysfunction at its most glaring. And I don't want to hear the team, or it's fanbase looking to make excuses, trying to sell anything different.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly when Garret said he does not anticipate "any major staff changes", it was not his call to make and nobody consulted him. Not shocking news. I'm just incredulous that Garret talks like everyone doesn't know it.

Clearly, to anyone not trying to make excuses.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trying to paint this cluster ***** like anything other than what it is.

A head coach suddenly "deciding" to fire his offensive coordinator, days after claiming he wasn't making any changes. But after the ownership said that "no decisions have been made". That's not how a normally functioning organization does things. You know it and I know it. It's dysfunction at its most glaring. And I don't want to hear the team, or it's fanbase looking to make excuses, trying to sell anything different.

I have also said Garrett shouldn't have made that proclamation without talking to his GM, and I also said Jerry' vote carries more weight. You are trying too hard to find something to pick at. Jerry is a poor GM, but in this case, as with other GM's, he has every right to be involved in those kinds of decisions, so there was nothing wrong or ominous about him backing up from what Garrett said. Garrett overstepped his bounds, and Jerry slapped him down a bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have also said Garrett shouldn't have made that proclamation without talking to his GM, and I also said Jerry' vote carries more weight. You are trying too hard to find something to pick at. Jerry is a poor GM, but in this case, as with other GM's, he has every right to be involved in those kinds of decisions, so there was nothing wrong or ominous about him backing up from what Garrett said. Garrett overstepped his bounds, and Jerry slapped him down a bit.

As long as you can admit that, I have no problem.

Reaction score
No, he’s still here because of Daddy Garrett and nepotism.. both him and his brothers follows Papa around all their lives, including Columbia and Father Garrett brought them all here in the early 90s with his connections.

thats true for him still being here, but I'll bet all my money he wouldnt be here, given the opportunity, or his dad wouldnt give a hoot about him if he was a highschool drop out

Wolfpack

Reaction score
BTW, I also think the Jones boys told him to quit clapping because it was embarrassing himself and the franchise.

I seriously believe that. Unless it was his wife. lol

How can the man look himself in the mirror and say he is the 'head coach'?
He logs in to his bank account every morning before shaving, that’s how. $6M a year to be a puppet.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't know that in nine years, I have ever seen Garrett confront any player on the sideline after doing something costly. That's not a coach. The dude makes it hard to believe he even speaks at halftime. Oh, he's the first to congratulate, though. Has always been a puppet, always will be.

khiladi

Reaction score
thats true for him still being here, but I'll bet all my money he wouldnt be here, given the opportunity, or his dad wouldnt give a hoot about him if he was a highschool drop out

And he wouldn’t have been given the opportunity if his father wasn’t here. The guy majored in history.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"Don't anticipate any changes" is Garrett's coaching staff version of injured players being "day to day".

Garrett just doesn't tell you anything he doesn't have to. People are reading way too much into it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure he has a ton of input on coaching staff.
But his input on draft would be very limited. Probably his impression of overall need comes into play. But not actual player selection at all, unless there's a non football red flag.
I'm sure he gives his opinion and preference, and the FO would be stupid not to consider what players the HC wants playing for him