Garrett's Last Chance!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I just laughed and farted at the same time. Thanks a lot.
Nothing to laugh or fart at. Romo goes down 2 preseason games before the regular season and JG takes what Cowboys fans still say is a crap QB and a crap OC to 13-3; next season Zeke is suspended for 6 games which is a cloud that hung over the team for the entire season and with that same crap QB and that same crap OC went 9-7; next season GM gets rid of WR1 and doesn't replace him, All Pro TE unexpectedly retires....GM doesn't replace him....start off the season 3-5....GM finally gets WR1 midway through season.....makes it work goes 10-6 wins division and playoff game with that same crap QB and same crap OC. Now you will likely say that JG had nothing to do with any of this......and I will give the side eye.

sportsman

Reaction score
Why didn't Garrett support his OC since he said no change would be coming. Some HC stand by their staff.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we will extend Garrett and bring in an OC. I think Jerry is going to make him change the scheme.

That would be my guess, too. A two or three year extension and an offense tailored to Dak’s ability to run. And an extension for Dak that gets him an extra year of money and spreads the discount from that over the rest of the contract.

Works for me.

Reaction score
Nothing to laugh or fart at. Romo goes down 2 preseason games before the regular season and JG takes what Cowboys fans still say is a crap QB and a crap OC to 13-3; next season Zeke is suspended for 6 games which is a cloud that hung over the team for the entire season and with that same crap QB and that same crap OC went 9-7; next season GM gets rid of WR1 and doesn't replace him, All Pro TE unexpectedly retires....GM doesn't replace him....start off the season 3-5....GM finally gets WR1 midway through season.....makes it work goes 10-6 wins division and playoff game with that same crap QB and same crap OC. Now you will likely say that JG had nothing to do with any of this......and I will give the side eye.

And after all that, what does he have to show for it ?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The Linahan firing was Garretts free pass.

Everyone was so angry over the thought that we might actually keep Linehan. Now it's pure elation, and distracts from the bigger problem: Garrett's process.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
7 to 9 wins and they will just say it takes time to implement a new offensive system. He will be fine and get an extra year to figure out who the next scapegoat will be.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Garrett should have to fulfill the final year of his contract with no extention and make a decision after next season......if we're still on the normal roller coaster then move on.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Firing Linehan after Garrett said they wouldn't be making any changes tells me Garrett is half way out the door as we speak, regardless of an extension.

I think 2019 is Garrett's final season. One season to rule them all. It'll be a fun one folks. Kick back and enjoy the show.

"Garrett's Last Chance" coming to a theater near you.
I heard the 2018 was his last chance.

We have no idea.

MikeT22

Reaction score
If Garrett is back next year he'll have an extension and Jerry isn't going to eat that after 1 or 2 years. Jerry will then have his built-in excuse to keep him, just like he wants it.

Coy

Reaction score
Firing Linehan after Garrett said they wouldn't be making any changes tells me Garrett is half way out the door as we speak, regardless of an extension.

I think 2019 is Garrett's final season. One season to rule them all. It'll be a fun one folks. Kick back and enjoy the show.

"Garrett's Last Chance" coming to a theater near you.

We´ve been saying this since 2013 and look at where we are now..... He could go 3-13 and Jerry would find all kinds of excuses to keep him.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I don't know Garrett wants balance in the attack I agree with him after all Cowboys have one of the best RB in the league. Who ever is hired will need to play to the strength of Dak and work on areas of weakness with Dak. We have some good weapons at his disposal and it will fall to the OC to get the most out of these guys. Lastly when I mention balance it is what many teams try to achieve and while we look at NE, NO or LA Rams passing game each one of these teams actually ran the ball more than Dallas did this past season
BINGO... and how many goal line stances did we RUN Zeke? Or utilize him in the passing game like that one game he caught that over the shoulder pass, Vanillahan was exactly what the league and all here claimed him to be, predictable. Dufus kept running back to a well that had LONG been dry

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I half hearted agree with the OP... looking at the expressions on BOTH JJ and his oldest spawn neither looked like they were all in on winning 1 PO game...all we can do is wait and see....just hope it ain't another 24 years, I'll be in an old folks home with dementia and not know wth transpired!

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The funny part is no matter who Dallas hires as OC a portion of the board will not like him.
True as blue this will happen. I suspect whoever it is will have a past association with Jason Garrett and or the same offensive philosophies ie same or similar playbook. If this is the case then as much as things change the more they stay the same. Heres hoping the team branches out and identifies a young new type of OC that best fits Daks skillset who can deviate on the fly and scheme creatively in a whole new playbook that is modern.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True as blue this will happen. I suspect whoever it is will have a past association with Jason Garrett and or the same offensive philosophies ie same or similar playbook. If this is the case then as much as things change the more they stay the same. Heres hoping the team branches out and identifies a young new type of OC that best fits Daks skillset who can deviate on the fly and scheme creatively in a whole new playbook that is modern.

Hard to say maybe it is someone Garrett knows well then again maybe not, Mike Zimmer had no prior work with Gary Kubiak yet he is now the OC of the Vikes. Jimmy Johnson had no prior working relationship with Norv Turner.

JMech

Reaction score
JG is one of the better coaches in the NFL. Taking the fandom out of it of course. If we ever let JG go the replacement must be an obvious upgrade.
:facepalm:

There are High School coaches out there better than this guy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not even worth the time arguing it anymore.

Actions speak louder than words!!

Garrett continues to survive and will again barring a total collapse.

Don’t believe me just watch... lol