Gary Brown passes away

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Gary was a good man by all accounts. He was in hospice care according to what I read the past couple of weeks for unspecified reasons. I read up above that it was a pancreas cancer/tumor. The hits keep on coming to the Cowboys nation. God be with him and his loved ones.

Last edited:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Cancer really sucks. Lost my mom to colon cancer during her second bout and less than year after she was cleared. Came back with a vengeance 3 months later, and she was gone in 6 months.

A co worker had been going through it with his child who had it at 12. She beat it, but need frequent screenings. She just got to the point where the Dr's have said she doesnt need to be screened. I think she is 17 now. I can not being to imagine the anxiety for all involed

With Gary, I just hope he didnt suffer at the end
My uncle passed 8 days after being diagnosed with cancer. My Mom has beat it twice. It runs rampant in my family on both sides and I could go. It is a nasty disease and all who are faced with it are real heroes for their battles are mighty.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Many don't know this, but Brown has been through a TON between cancer and treatments.
Very sad, he was a good dude.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RIP Coach Brown. This is not good news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I’m sure that he’ll be missed.

As far as the Cowboys are concerned, this will also hurt our diversity quotas. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Football Lifer - player, then coach at the highest levels in college, along with the NFL.
Gary Brown's passing is very well noted by all of his past endeavors & employers earlier this morning; and the fans \ followers of those schools and franchises have expressed their warm memories of his character and demeanor in his duties as a teacher in the sport --all the while fighting the disease that eventually he succumbed to during the last years of his life.
Condolences to his family and friends.