GB really screwed up by firing McCarthy

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not trying to sound petty but it seemed like Packers season went farther than fans expected and they’re not that good. Niners exposes them during the season.

I have few Packers fans friends and they all said the same they’re shocked they made it this far into playoffs
Their D was built to have a lead and force the other team to pass to keep up.

As TEN proved, few teams are built to withstand true ball control. KC took them out of their game with that O.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
:laugh:all those weapons?

GB's roster is garbage. LaFleur did an amazing job to get them as far as he did. That's the worst 13-3 team I've ever seen. Rodgers had one decent WR, the rest were jags, and Jimmy Graham is washed up.

The Packers over achieved big time this year. But would fans rather have a team over achieve with a positive future or under achieve and get a new coach and start all over.

Praxit

Reaction score
LOL! You must not watch the Packers very often.

McCarthy went 11-16-1 in his final 2 years in Green Bay.

The rookie head coach went 13-3 and took them to the NFC Championship game.

What a huge mistake letting McCarthy go!!!!!
:lmao2:
...........thats what I would call, Cherry picken. Nothing else to choose from. Then you get dismantled in the big game.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
So what is the differences from last nights game where Lafluer got spanked and the Championship game where McCarthy coached at Atlanta and teh Falcons steam rolled them, the division game where Kaperpunk ran for over 300 yards or the 4th quarter meltdown in Seattle. At least that was Lafluers 1st year, not his 8th, 10th, or 12th like McCarthys. Pretty good for a rookie HC that everybody said was over his head by taking on the job.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The idea that anyone in Packers land is having regret over firing McCarthy is pretty silly. You can hand wave away anything you want about Green Bay’s 2019, but a 7 win turnaround is a 7 win turnaround and nobody cares about McCarthy there anymore.
I feel like a lot of the more insecure mental midgets around here were rooting hard for the 49ers simply because it would be a bad look for us hiring a guy whose team went to the Super Bowl the second he walked out the door. That too is silly, because each season and team is its own thing, but no one ever said insecurity was logical...

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The packers used to get the ball out so fast you couldn't stop them. Now they are running long slow developing routes and Rogers is taking hits. How can you have all those weapons and suck that bad on offense?
A dang good defense. GB has been doing it on offense all season and killing people. They ran into a very good front 4 a la Boza & Co. and if you can get the Rodgers early and often, he melts.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The idea that anyone in Packers land is having regret over firing McCarthy is pretty silly. You can hand wave away anything you want about Green Bay’s 2019, but a 7 win turnaround is a 7 win turnaround and nobody cares about McCarthy there anymore.
I feel like a lot of the more insecure mental midgets around here were rooting hard for the 49ers simply because it would be a bad look for us hiring a guy whose team went to the Super Bowl the second he walked out the door. That too is silly, because each season and team is its own thing, but no one ever said insecurity was logical...
Agreed. Way too early to tell what MM will bring here. He's going to have to deal with a mouth breathing FO and this team was quitting in games at the end of the season. If personnel decisions have truly turned over to MM (which I'm suspect) he still has an uphill battle to get this team in playoff mode. On the other hand, I hope GB loses some of its players this spring and falls back a couple of notches next year. Time will tell.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The packers used to get the ball out so fast you couldn't stop them. Now they are running long slow developing routes and Rogers is taking hits. How can you have all those weapons and suck that bad on offense?
whatever the truth is they were I the NFCCG, so no comment really..its hyperbole..

thats fan thing, Aaron rogers is getting bit older and slower so sometimes he holds the ball to long but can no longer move fast enough to get past the sack or worse strip sack..AR window is closing.. cant compare his peak years to his fading years..

I dont think it has anything to do with coaching, they came across a hungry aggressive opponent who went after him like he was the key to heaven.. relentless.. 2 its a fumble and 2 other fumbles they didnt lose..thats great defense on a QB that no longer has the same escapeabilty he once had..

garyv

Reaction score

I dont think McVay did a bad job at all. Basically Green Bay wasnt near as good as SF thats a fact. I thought they were one of the worst teams in the playoffs. The Cowboys had talent to get there just bad coaching. I dont think Garrett is rotten just got placid being here so long....lack of fire. He may do well as OC in NY. Where Garrett set me off this year and being too placid was after game 5 i was calling for a change at kicker saying get rid of Mahrer and sign Forbath career solid within 50 yards. They made the move with 3 games left. Of course Forbath 10 for 10 on FG. If they made the move sooner we are 10-6 not 8-8 and in the playoffs. This told me Garrett needs to be replaced. I posted this and somone on this forum said this is really on O'Quinn not Garrett and i said really. Garrett is the HC he should inform O'Quinn we are making a kicking change. These are why Head Coaches are Head Coaches.

I will say this as Troy Aikman stated you build your team from the trenches out and this is what the Cowboys need to get refocused on doing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
LOL! You must not watch the Packers very often.

McCarthy went 11-16-1 in his final 2 years in Green Bay.

The rookie head coach went 13-3 and took them to the NFC Championship game.

What a huge mistake letting McCarthy go!!!!!
:lmao2:
Stop.

Where is my "Ignore sarcasm" button.?

Somebody took it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Did you ever consider that Rodgers is older and his skill level is fading? Just because Brady and Brees are playing as old as they are doesn't mean ALL QB's remain really good for that long. The many QB's show talent slippage at age 36.

Just because a play has a primary receiver that is going deep there is always except in desperation mode at the end of games and being behind, have check down receivers closer to the line of scrimmage.

Nav22

Reaction score
One year Rogers was injured. The other year their GM wouldn't sign anyone. Now they finally signed people on defense they start winning games. They got to 13 and 3 by playing a weak schedule. Lets see if they can repeat that next year and I'll be convince.
Rodgers went 4-3 as a starter in 2017, so even when he was healthy the Packers weren’t that good.

And Rodgers was mostly an average QB this season.

So this year, the rookie coach did what common sense said he should do: rely on Aaron Jones.

The same Aaron Jones that our own Mike McCarthy refused to lean on, despite Jones averaging 5.5 yards/carry in 2017 and again in 2018.

Nav22

Reaction score
...........thats what I would call, Cherry picken. Nothing else to choose from. Then you get dismantled in the big game.
McCarthy got dismantled in all types of games in 2017-18.

Finally fired after a humiliating home loss to the lowly Cardinals.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I dont think McVay did a bad job at all. Basically Green Bay wasnt near as good as SF thats a fact. I thought they were one of the worst teams in the playoffs. The Cowboys had talent to get there just bad coaching. I dont think Garrett is rotten just got placid being here so long....lack of fire. He may do well as OC in NY. Where Garrett set me off this year and being too placid was after game 5 i was calling for a change at kicker saying get rid of Mahrer and sign Forbath career solid within 50 yards. They made the move with 3 games left. Of course Forbath 10 for 10 on FG. If they made the move sooner we are 10-6 not 8-8 and in the playoffs. This told me Garrett needs to be replaced. I posted this and somone on this forum said this is really on O'Quinn not Garrett and i said really. Garrett is the HC he should inform O'Quinn we are making a kicking change. These are why Head Coaches are Head Coaches.

I will say this as Troy Aikman stated you build your team from the trenches out and this is what the Cowboys need to get refocused on doing.

McVay is the rams coach, LeFleur is the packers coach.