GB really screwed up by firing McCarthy

garyv

Reaction score
McVay is the rams coach, LeFleur is the packers coach.

Sorry meant Lefluer i thought he did an excellent job i just think SF is much more talented than GB. I think they are so much better in the trenches. Cowboys need to focus in tge trenches.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
One teams's trash is another teams "come-up"

Thankfully, I don't give a crap about the Packers. I just want the Cowboys to get to and win a Superbowl.

Yup, I'm glad he's ours now. In that 2014 playoff game, McCarthy knew of the bizarre new rule that was overly complicated for what constituted a catch and that if he challenged it, he might win. He was acting in the best interests of his team.

817Gill

Reaction score
GB only has 1 legitimate WR, but you are correct, under McCarthy, GB would have game planned against the Niners to get the ball out earlier.
Something that will be a welcome change from long developing 3&5 plays facing blitzes

stuckindc

Reaction score
Since it’s the 49ers turn now does that mean history repeats and we are up next.
If History repeats itself and it is the 49ers turn..then we would have to wait over a decade with 4 - 49er Super bowls to come.. I lived through the 80's...In DC ...I watched the mighty Cowboys crumble under the 49ers, Eagles and Skins...I can't go through that again...Although the teams in the 80's were some of the all time best

JustChip

Reaction score
Imo no coach these days should stay more than 5 years the message will get stale and you need a new voice

bill belichek is the only one whos message never gets stale

it was time for Mike to go in GB
But success early made the difference. His authoritarian message wouldn’t have worked for long without the early success.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
:starspin:McCarthy > rodgers:starspin:

Makes no sense. One is a coach and one is a QB. Both have been pretty good. MCarthy was a whole lot better as a coach when he had Rodgers behind center. But when Rodgers got hurt, the QB whisperer went silent. I believe Dak is better than any of the back up QBs he had at Green Bay so there is that benefit. But who knows for sure. You better hope Dak does not get hurt, because his history with back ups sucks.

aria

Reaction score
The packers used to get the ball out so fast you couldn't stop them. Now they are running long slow developing routes and Rogers is taking hits. How can you have all those weapons and suck that bad on offense?
Lol, they go 13-3 and they screwed up because of one game? I forget, what was McCarthy’s record in 2018? What about in 2017 when AR was hurt most of the season?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Lol, they go 13-3 and they screwed up because of one game? I forget, what was McCarthy’s record in 2018? What about in 2017 when AR was hurt most of the season?

It wasn't one game. They were lucky to win a few and they were never a legit 13-3 team. They were frauds and that game against 49ers proved it that they don't belong at that level. That game was Men vs Boys.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
It wasn't one game. They were lucky to win a few and they were never a legit 13-3 team. They were frauds and that game against 49ers proved it that they don't belong at that level. That game was Men vs Boys.

Lol, uh ok. Now we know Skip Bayless's user name.

mmohican29

Reaction score
GB only has 1 legitimate WR, but you are correct, under McCarthy, GB would have game planned against the Niners to get the ball out earlier.

Disagree.

Rodgers has some weapons.

For example: If they don't want Lazard, I'd gladly take him here to backup Gallup. He can play either X or Y fairly well. He's projecting to be at least a solid #2.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, ok. So all of McCarthy’s seasons were legit but this year was a fraud? Gotchya, makes perfect sense. I guess McCarthy’s record in 2017 when Rodgers was hurt most of the year was legit too, right?

Lucky to win a few? Winning 13 game is more than luck, every team gets “lucky”. I guess the 49’ers are frauds too, Atlanta beat them and they were lucky to beat AZ by 3 points.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Packers over achieved big time this year. But would fans rather have a team over achieve with a positive future or under achieve and get a new coach and start all over.
Positive future? The primary thing that made the Packers a playoff team this year was a soon to be 37 year old QB who’s skills are starting to visibly erode. A QB who, by the way, has always been viewed as lacking leadership intangibles and the ability to get along with team mates. Everything that has made Rodgers special is his physical ability. His arm and very good mobility... which he’s now losing pretty quickly. The Packers window is closing.

Their roster, minus the QB, is very uninspiring, and save for a free agent spending spree last off-season, would be nearly devoid of talent.

They desperately needed to take advantage of this trip to the NFC Championship game.

I’m not saying the cupboard is completely bare, but to say the future is bright is rather hopeful, IMO.

Replace Rodgers with another hall-of-fame, once-in-a-generation QB and then the Packers future might be considered bright. Until that happens though, the only thing that made that team special is an old QB who is losing what made him special but retaining everything that makes his team mates despise him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
someone just said coaching matters. THAT COULDNT BE MORE TRUE, and especially in the playoffs. Not very impressed with LaFleur. AND YES, they screwed up firing MM. He did get a bit tired though and I think needed to recharge his batteries. So it was a good thing for him. He has more coaching prowess in his little finger than LaFleur has in his body. The guy exudes the alpha male leadership and mentality you want in a HC. ML just doesn't seem like that guy that inspires men and leads them. Time will tell. WE LUCKED OUT GETTING MM. If this works out for us, I would love to pick his brain when hes done coaching and move him upstairs as a player/scouting/talent consultant. A FIXTURE IN THE FRONT OFFICE.I am really hi on the guy. Best hire since Jimmy J and the Tuna. Its right there on par.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Positive future? The primary thing that made the Packers a playoff team this year was a soon to be 37 year old QB who’s skills are starting to visibly erode. A QB who, by the way, has always been viewed as lacking leadership intangibles and the ability to get along with team mates. Everything that has made Rodgers special is his physical ability. His arm and very good mobility... which he’s now losing pretty quickly. The Packers window is closing.

Their roster, minus the QB, is very uninspiring, and save for a free agent spending spree last off-season, would be nearly devoid of talent.

They desperately needed to take advantage of this trip to the NFC Championship game.

I’m not saying the cupboard is completely bare, but to say the future is bright is rather hopeful, IMO.

Replace Rodgers with another hall-of-fame, once-in-a-generation QB and then the Packers future might be considered bright. Until that happens though, the only thing that made that team special is an old QB who is losing what made him special but retaining everything that makes his team mates despise him.

Fake News. Just because Greg Jennings and Jermichale Finley have/had issues with Rodgers does not mean his teamates have issues with him. He doesnt lead. Bull Crap again. Look up and down the roster and tell me another team mate that has problems with him. The future is bright. They are young. Jones is Young, Davante is young. Jenkins is Young. Defense is young. They just went to the championship game in a head coaches 1st year with a brand new system. They have a boat load of cash to dip into free agency again. They got to the championship game because of two incredible throws that the over the hill Rodgers made and kept the ball out of Wilsons hands. This "teammates despise him" crap is just that. Crap. Every player on that roster would go to bat for Rodgers. Every one. . 'Teamates despise him" wishfull thinking by the hating crowd.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fake News. Just because Greg Jennings and Jermichale Finley have/had issues with Rodgers does not mean his teamates have issues with him. He doesnt lead. Bull Crap again. Look up and down the roster and tell me another team mate that has problems with him. The future is bright. They are young. Jones is Young, Davante is young. Jenkins is Young. Defense is young. They just went to the championship game in a head coaches 1st year with a brand new system. They have a boat load of cash to dip into free agency again. They got to the championship game because of two incredible throws that the over the hill Rodgers made and kept the ball out of Wilsons hands. This "teammates despise him" crap is just that. Crap. Every player on that roster would go to bat for Rodgers. Every one. . 'Teamates despise him" wishfull thinking by the hating crowd.
Aaron Rodgers is Easter Islander for Joyful Soul, after all.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Don’t be mad... I’m not the only one who says that about Aaron.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we should also give the niners a ton of credit on defense for making Rodgers look so bad. TRUE...he was not very good, but they sure put the pressure on him all game. If they do this in the SB, The chiefs will lose.