57 New York Jets Ronald Bartell CB Howard
58 Green Bay Andrew Walter QB Arizona State
59 Atlanta Craphonso Thorpe WR Florida State
60 Indianapolis Kirk Morrison LB San Diego State
61 San Diego *Chris Henry WR West Virginia
62 New England *Brodney Pool FS Oklahoma
63 Philadelphia Chris Kemoeatu OG Utah
64 Pittsburgh Vincent Jackson WR Northern Colorado

Great Blue North Draft Report Privacy Policy.

The GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT is a division of SQUITERLAND ENTERPRISES, Ottawa, Ontario,Canada

nathanlt

Reaction score
Hear Ye Hear Ye!!! All Mock Drafts That Have Dallas Taking A CB In Round One Are To Be BOYCOTTED!!!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
CB has great depth in the first round. Rolle would be a great selection at #11. Would you guys rather have us reach for a DE or DT or pick who is the best player available at a position in need?

nathanlt

Reaction score
Avery said:
CB has great depth in the first round. Rolle would be a great selection at #11. Would you guys rather have us reach for a DE or DT or pick who is the best player available at a position in need?

Nope, I'd prefer trading down to selecting a CB or reaching for any position of need. I'm not against getting a CB in the draft, but Parcells has said specifically he would not draft a CB in round one.

lkelly

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Nope, I'd prefer trading down to selecting a CB or reaching for any position of need. I'm not against getting a CB in the draft, but Parcells has said specifically he would not draft a CB in round one.

Parcells also said he was done coaching for good. Several times.

I'm sure he's going to publicly declare Dallas' draft intentions during the previous season and honor those words. He'd never be caught lying or changing his mind...

Derinyar

Reaction score
lkelly said:
Parcells also said he was done coaching for good. Several times.

I'm sure he's going to publicly declare Dallas' draft intentions during the previous season and honor those words. He'd never be caught lying or changing his mind...
This is one of those cases where Parcells might actually have said what he meant. Looking at CB play now, every one is playing worse because of the current rules emphesis. Add in the fact that few CB's enter the league and play well in their first year anyway, and if your actually wanting help at CB using a high draft pick on one isn't a likely way to fix it in short order.

lkelly

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
This is one of those cases where Parcells might actually have said what he meant. Looking at CB play now, every one is playing worse because of the current rules emphesis. Add in the fact that few CB's enter the league and play well in their first year anyway, and if your actually wanting help at CB using a high draft pick on one isn't a likely way to fix it in short order.

I also don't think Dallas will attempt to shoot the moon and try to fix everything for a super bowl run next year. Some of these positions will take a year or two longer to get settled. Considering they don't have an immediate fix at the most important position (QB), it makes sense to me to develop some young talent in other key areas along the way.

SOMEONE needs to bring rookie CBs in and develop them. I'd hate to think only Philly and a few other teams are grooming the NFL's next wave of secondary players.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
If the draft shaped up like that before #11 I wouldnt mind the selection of a CB, especially Rolle.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If the draft falls like that we seriously need to trade down.

Pollack, Williamson. Antajj Hawthorne, Justin Miller and Kevin Burnett could all start for us next year and none were drafted higher than 26th in this mock.

I'd trade down twice. Pick no higher than 23rd or so and end up with lots of 2nd and 3rds if the drfat breaks like that.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
WOW.

Shawne Merriman drafted 3rd?

Amazeing how this kid has just showed up ... and now he's being mocked to be 3rd.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
jterrell said:
If the draft falls like that we seriously need to trade down.

Pollack, Williamson. Antajj Hawthorne, Justin Miller and Kevin Burnett could all start for us next year and none were drafted higher than 26th in this mock.

I'd trade down twice. Pick no higher than 23rd or so and end up with lots of 2nd and 3rds if the drfat breaks like that.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Reaction score
I would rather trade down seeing that Carlos Rogers dropped to the bottom of the round. All mocks will change drastically in March during the FA period.

VThokie7

Reaction score
If Rolle happens to fall to the #11 then he is clearly the best player available and we should have no problem selecting him. He is a Parcells kind of CB too, he isn't afraid to hit. Yes the rules have limited the way CBs can play, but there is still a big difference between a Lance Frazier that never turns around for the ball and allows completion after completion on him and a good CB who can still get back and defend comebacks and other routes. Yes you can't make that contact down field, but good CBs are still a hell of alot more valuable than the rest.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
I told you guys 3 months ago about this guy- dont know about top 3 but definitely top 10-15.
Encore said:
WOW.

Shawne Merriman drafted 3rd?

Amazeing how this kid has just showed up ... and now he's being mocked to be 3rd.

Bobo

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
I told you guys 3 months ago about this guy- dont know about top 3 but definitely top 10-15.

Ok, I think we get it now, move along.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
just wanted to make sure..... I appreciate your attention to detail.---- chris canty in the second would be a steal also- Ideal draft Merriman, williamson and canty/tuck.

two outside backers and rush ends and a speedy wr with the first 3 picks.
Bobo said:
Ok, I think we get it now, move along.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Time to get the trenches fixed, need edge rushers and impact LB/DE types. DT/NT as well

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Time to get the trenches fixed, need edge rushers and impact LB/DE types. DT/NT as well

You have harped on corner all season. Are you only advocating vet corners or what?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
You have harped on corner all season. Are you only advocating vet corners or what?

Yes I want a shut down Corner Vet opposite Tnew. All my bashers who said we are "all set" with Hunter, Davison, Powell and rook's were wrong. Time to get a high end Vet in. (Ty Law) :cool: